PDA

View Full Version : IRL to Canada in 2006?

devilmaster
07-05-05, 03:08 AM
The IRL is expected to unveil its 2006 schedule within a month, hence the reason why the two sides likely won't get together in time for next year. It's believed the IRL will make its first appearance in Canada next year with Quebec City slated to hold a street race.

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?ID=129569&hubName=auto_racing

Jesus H. Christ. :shakehead

Hey Tony - I'll give you 5 bucks if you do something for me. Come up with a freakin original idea for once, and don't copy CART/ChampCar......

devilmaster
07-05-05, 03:23 AM
http://www.lava.net/~unions/graphics/sayno.jpg

TorontoWorker
07-05-05, 12:52 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?ID=129569&hubName=auto_racing

Jesus H. Christ. :shakehead

Hey Tony - I'll give you 5 bucks if you do something for me. Come up with a freakin original idea for once, and don't copy CART/ChampCar......

The thing that is driving this story is the fact that Pat needs some exposure in Quebec and three rivers needs a better race then the Grand Crap event they run now.

It's going to be interesting to see who will pay for this little venture as the locals don't have a lot of cash. If it's not Red Bull or a certain airplane maker based out of Montreal... then I don't know who else will front for the event rights. While PC is popular in Quebec, I don't belive he is such a huge draw that they would surpass attendence numbers that the Atlantic guys used to get.

God, does this mean that Jacque the *uncle* will want to start hunting for a ride if the IRL show up?! :eek: :rofl: God help them all on the first lap if so, as it would be one heck of a TIVO moment!!

Sean O'Gorman
07-05-05, 01:08 PM
The thing that is driving this story is the fact that Pat needs some exposure in Quebec and three rivers needs a better race then the Grand Crap event they run now.

Yeah, that is a pretty sad lineup they have for a street race. Nothing but support races, I don't really think Grand-Am Cup can be considered a headline race, and I'm sure like ALMS, Trans-Am, and the Rolex series before it, the fans wont be that interested in it. From what I understand, they are crazy about their racing up there, but there has to be a French Canadian in an Atlantic car for them to really care.

It is too bad the Atlantics don't still run there, that is one race I'd love to go to.

pchall
07-05-05, 11:45 PM
It is too bad the Atlantics don't still run there, that is one race I'd love to go to.

Atlantics at TR rocked.

There was a time when active F1 drivers showed up for that race.

Jervis Tetch 1
07-06-05, 01:16 AM
Atlantics at TR rocked.

There was a time when active F1 drivers showed up for that race.Speaking of which I heard the race (if it comes off) would be a week or two after the F1 race.

That should kill it really quick.

oddlycalm
07-07-05, 09:17 PM
Speaking of which I heard the race (if it comes off) would be a week or two after the F1 race. :rofl: Brilliant. At least those guys are consistent, eh? Maybe they will hold it on a Thursday afternoon as well...

oc

Mr. Toad
07-07-05, 09:52 PM
Here's my RSVP

Mr. Toad will NOT attend an IRL race in Canada.