PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions to ponder

Racing Truth
07-03-05, 06:40 PM
1. Will F1 run a "non-points" race at Indy in October (via rumor during broadcast)?
2. Would this be a good idea or not?

Insomniac
07-03-05, 07:01 PM
1. Will F1 run a "non-points" race at Indy in October (via rumor during broadcast)?
2. Would this be a good idea or not?

1. No idea.
2. I'm split on a good idea or not. If you believe the drivers are true competitors, the fans could get a real race. They would be willing to push harder and pass. The worst case is you're out of a non-points race. If you think they'll show up just to go around in circles for 70 laps to appease the fans and have some type of gentleman's agreement, then it will be just as farcical as the last one, only with 20 cars.

Ziggy
07-03-05, 09:46 PM
Its a dumb idea

This aint Brands Hatch. I doubt Ferrari would even come. It's asking alot of the City and the town of Speedway.. plus, where are the fans going to come from? Martinsville? Cayuga? Hollandsburg? Tipton? Tell City?

I mean come on. 50% of the people are from other countries. They are not coming back........ the race crowd would look much like the 1973 Indy 500 crowd.

Andrew Longman
07-03-05, 11:17 PM
1) No
2) No, no one will care. They will care only slightly less about a non-points paying race after the championship has been settled (assuming Ferrari even sees a point in coming) than when they have a real race next June.

F1 no longer has the option of shooting itself in the foot since they already took it off with a shotgun. The only question is whether the foot was in their mouth at the time.

chop456
07-04-05, 01:14 AM
The coke-addled moron already stated that there will be no fall race at the speedway. That was news before the race was even over this morning.

Get with it, Rnofties of the world. :p

Warlock!
07-05-05, 09:53 AM
Get with it, Rnofties of the world. :p
Not only that, but the USGP in June was a farce, because only some of the teams raced. A problem with tires or something. Why would they do it again?

[/rnofty]

pchall
07-05-05, 10:07 AM
I like the idea of a non-points GP. Just let the Champ Car guys in the mix.

My dad took me to the Questor GP and the performances of Mark Donohue and Swede Savage made me a believer in US racers.