PDA

View Full Version : Foyt NASCAR Investigations Continues

DaveL
03-09-03, 08:32 PM
NASCAR officials are continuing to investigate AJ's Winston Cup effort after Larry failed to pass a single car on the track and was 43rd and dead last every single lap that he ran outside of those during pit stop cycles during which he breifly moved up to 42nd.

My sources tell me that none other than Foyt's IRL driver, Shiggy, was seen in the Foyt garage before the race. Speculation is rampant that Shiggy actually drove the car until the engine let go on lap 113.

AJ refuses to comment on the matter.

WickerBill
03-09-03, 09:17 PM
What's most surprising is that "the engine let go" under such little strain!

mnkywrch
03-09-03, 10:50 PM
I'm sure Larry's a nice guy who realizes he's out of his league, but he runs out of talent on the pace lap.

DaveL
03-09-03, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
I'm sure Larry's a nice guy who realizes he's out of his league, but he runs out of talent on the pace lap.

That's the only time he can keep up with the field.

My best guess is that Harrah's is not giving them primary sponsorship money and AJ is saving money on the driver's salary. This is a mid-pack at best ARCA effort.

Racewriter
03-10-03, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
That's the only time he can keep up with the field.

My best guess is that Harrah's is not giving them primary sponsorship money and AJ is saving money on the driver's salary. This is a mid-pack at best ARCA effort.

Yep. I don't think Larry and the 14 could hang with many of our locals who do ARCA one-offs...

mnkywrch
03-10-03, 12:16 PM

I don't think anyone would go near the ride regardless of the cash.

It kills careers so quick it makes the #25 car look like nothing.

DaveL
03-10-03, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
I don't think anyone would go near the ride regardless of the cash.

That statement should read no driver who considers himself a respectable professional would go near that ride. If push came to shove, I'm sure AJ could find someone in the Truck or ARCA ranks to drive the car.

mnkywrch
03-10-03, 04:03 PM
That statement should read no driver who considers himself a respectable professional would go near that ride. If push came to shove, I'm sure AJ could find someone in the Truck or ARCA ranks to drive the car.

Naw - too professional.

May as well send Airton Dare down there. He's geting dusty watching the IRL disaster - he can't be any less qualified than Larry...