PDA

View Full Version : Danica really likes sitting on the pole!

lone_groover
07-02-05, 02:53 PM
Meanwhile, in Kentucky, she wound up first qualifier!

Anybody surprised?

:shakehead

Easy
07-02-05, 03:21 PM
That 50 lbs advantage could be worth about .5 second. That might come into play at one of the 1.5 mile cookie cutters where horsepower is king. (or Queen as it were)

RTKar
07-02-05, 04:00 PM

Anybody surprised?

Ummmmm...No.

FRANKY
07-02-05, 04:03 PM

Anybody surprised?

Yea I am.

Better tell her the race is in Kansas so she can make it to the track on time. ;)

FRANKY
07-02-05, 04:10 PM
Got it by 0.0022 over teammate Buddy Rice.

First three cars are Letterman/Rahal Racing.

First 17 within .50 of pole sitter.

coolhand
07-02-05, 04:13 PM
She got that speical rev limiter back. :gomer:

NismoZ
07-02-05, 04:20 PM
Until the regs say car weight must include driver why worry about it? Same thing was said a few years back about daMatta. So...Tracy got on the bike!

Steve99
07-02-05, 04:36 PM
Good to know they are still following the script. Lot of bad news this week that they need to cover up. Do the let her win, or save that "accomplishment" for the next batch of bad news?

spinner26
07-02-05, 04:38 PM
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050702/SPORTS01/507020420&SearchID=73212953593057

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Honda has provided written notification that it will withdraw from the Indy Racing League after the 2006 season. But don't sound the alarm yet, the league's top official said Friday from Kansas Speedway.

and then look who is on the pole. :confused: :laugh: :rofl: :rolleyes:

I'm just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo surprised. NOT!

coolhand
07-02-05, 04:38 PM
Notice how Team cheever did well in Richmond and now Ganassi has the best toyota s in qualfying? Now Cheever is back at the bottom.

looks like they are rotating the special toyotas too.

Chief
07-02-05, 04:51 PM
Got it by 0.0022 over teammate Buddy Rice. First 17 within .50 of pole sitter.

OMFG those must be the greatest drivers in the world.

GOFAST1
07-02-05, 05:17 PM
This obvious fixed garbage makes me sick. :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

FailureByDesign
07-02-05, 05:27 PM
Argent Mortgage,top three qualifying sweep,Rahal been sucking every else but here and Indy(Somewhat) :saywhat: Of course she's gotta win the thing now,because Sarah Fisher got a Pole befor.Without a significant weight advantage(Probably dis-advantage :laugh: ) over the field.

Should see Danica's smug look in all the Post qualifying photos,you just wanna smack it right off her face.

FRANKY
07-02-05, 06:02 PM
This obvious fixed garbage makes me sick.

17 drivers within a half second and you think it was a fix??

:laugh: :rofl:

I mean really, if the Indy Racing League could manage getting the times that close, and then manage to get her on the pole by .0022 over her teammate, by God they should be running open wheel.

FRANKY
07-02-05, 06:05 PM
Argent Mortgage,top three qualifying sweep,Rahal been sucking every else but here and Indy(Somewhat) :saywhat: Of course she's gotta win the thing now,because Sarah Fisher got a Pole befor.Without a significant weight advantage(Probably dis-advantage :laugh: ) over the field.

Should see Danica's snub look in all the Post qualifying photos,you just wanna smack it right off her face.

http://www.indyracingleague.com/multimedia/build_photo.php?photo_id=19461&size=medium

Racing Truth
07-02-05, 08:04 PM
17 drivers within a half second and you think it was a fix??

:laugh: :rofl:

I mean really, if the Indy Racing League could manage getting the times that close, and then manage to get her on the pole by .0022 over her teammate, by God they should be running open wheel.

OK, that's kind of funny. ;) Hey, Rahal ran 1-2 here last yr. Add in a 50-lb. advantage, and this shouldn't shock people.

In terms of smug, I don't know, maybe she is, but, OW political biases aside, she comes off reallt well on TV.

Winston Wolfe
07-02-05, 08:34 PM
Argent sponsor of the race.
Danica being "questioned" as the Real Deal in the papers ?
She needs to "prove" herself.
Its one of her first few races on the little ovals.
She makes pole by a miniscule amount.

Is the fix in ?

Does she win it this weekend ?

What a ratings bonanza for the EARL it would be.... Probably get them up to a 1.1 rating, which would be a 10% increase over their "other races" this season...

This is a farce of epic proportions.... too many coincidences.... :rolleyes:

JohnnyQ
07-02-05, 08:56 PM
That 50 lbs advantage could be worth about .5 second. That might come into play at one of the 1.5 mile cookie cutters where horsepower is king. (or Queen as it were)

Ask DaMatta how it worked in his favor when he won the CART title.

Rob
07-02-05, 09:40 PM
I think it's the weight issue at work here, although the fact that it's an all-Argent front row makes you sort of wonder. Whatever it is, she's got the gomerazzi arranged in a big circle.

Brickman
07-03-05, 12:35 AM
Argent sponsor of the race.
Danica being "questioned" as the Real Deal in the papers ?
She needs to "prove" herself.
Its one of her first few races on the little ovals.
She makes pole by a miniscule amount.

Is the fix in ?

Does she win it this weekend ?

What a ratings bonanza for the EARL it would be.... Probably get them up to a 1.1 rating, which would be a 10% increase over their "other races" this season...

This is a farce of epic proportions.... too many coincidences.... :rolleyes:

No a farce would be if she was much much faster, and that Honda gave her a "special" engine or her teammates qualified 12 and 13th.

She thought Texas was similar to Homestead and she misses the pole at Motegi by a miniscule amount, .0311

She didn't due well at her last tri oval, personally I don't think she will do well at Kansas regardless of where she starts.

Michigan or California Speedway will get her better race finish results, I would say much better than average.

All we need is Robby Gordon piping up about DP and qualifying and this thread would be complete.;)