PDA

View Full Version : Lil' E Futility thread, Pepsi 400 Edition

dando
07-01-05, 10:20 PM
Well, Junior was runnin' up front fer a bit in the Boosh race, but he got wrecked w/20 or so laps remaining. Qualed 39th for the 400 hunnert tomorrow. Way to go, Juneyer! :gomer:

-Kevin

cart7
07-01-05, 11:02 PM
They've been puttin forth a Foyt like kwalty effort so far this year. :gomer:

dando
07-01-05, 11:15 PM
They've been puttin forth a Foyt like kwalty effort so far this year. :gomer:
Or Danilcle based on last week's qauls. :gomer:

-Kevin

pchall
07-01-05, 11:18 PM
I read an article about some Brian France teleconference that had some comments indicating NASCAR is really concerned that St. Dale, Jr. won't make the cut for the Chase for the Cup crap at the end of the season.

Now, if Jeffy Gordon would miss the cut, too, I'd be happy. :)

Don Quixote
07-01-05, 11:45 PM
I watched that boosh race t'nite, and little E's motor done blowed up! :laugh:

Stu
07-02-05, 08:36 AM
I read an article about some Brian France teleconference that had some comments indicating NASCAR is really concerned that St. Dale, Jr. won't make the cut for the Chase for the Cup crap at the end of the season.

Now, if Jeffy Gordon would miss the cut, too, I'd be happy. :)

O'gorman and I have figured out that next year NASCAR will probably let you vote in a driver to the chase. :rofl:

Andrew Longman
07-02-05, 09:08 AM
O'gorman and I have figured out that next year NASCAR will probably let you vote in a driver to the chase. :rofl:

That is brilliant! I'd work quickly to find some way to package and sell that idea to the France's. I can see some sort of wild card chase that goes on all year long with 900# call ins and weekly updates to the Luckly Fan Favorite Free Dog Award. Winner gets free entry to the Chase and a new SUV, bass boat and trailer at the awards ceremony in NYC. Some lucky fan/voter gets to go fishing with the winner.

Go to them with all sposorship and product tie in worked out and you could make a cool coin. :thumbup:

cart7
07-02-05, 10:51 AM
Screw driver points, why not select the final 10 by measuring T-shirt and die-cast gross sales. :gomer:

TKGAngel
07-02-05, 01:08 PM
That is brilliant! I'd work quickly to find some way to package and sell that idea to the France's. I can see some sort of wild card chase that goes on all year long with 900# call ins and weekly updates to the Luckly Fan Favorite Free Dog Award. Winner gets free entry to the Chase and a new SUV, bass boat and trailer at the awards ceremony in NYC. Some lucky fan/voter gets to go fishing with the winner.

Go to them with all sposorship and product tie in worked out and you could make a cool coin. :thumbup:

American Idol meets NASCAR. Brilliant!

NASCAR has to be sweating bullets with St. Dale of Earnhardt being left out of the chase. But then again, its their own fault for setting up such a system that could potentially cause your biggest names to be left out, and erases the hope of that "come from behind" story.

pchall
07-02-05, 01:55 PM

Is Claude Ballot-Lena still alive? He's the only guy I'd nominate. :p

RTKar
07-02-05, 04:02 PM

lol... "The Chase" provisionals

JohnHKart
07-03-05, 08:46 AM
Hey Nascar.....thanks for the chase......Now I no longer have to look at who's doing what in the points till mid Sept. That's 7 months of pure racing. I'm serious folks....I don't look at it at all now until then....What a joke. I also think I'm about to ignore all the plate races except the Daytona 500. BORING.

John

cart7
07-03-05, 07:33 PM
Hey Nascar.....thanks for the chase......Now I no longer have to look at who's doing what in the points till mid Sept. That's 7 months of pure racing. I'm serious folks....I don't look at it at all now until then....What a joke. I also think I'm about to ignore all the plate races except the Daytona 500. BORING.

John

That's pretty much my Nascar watchin. Both road races, the final race before the final 10 deal begins and then the last 10. That's only 13 races I have to watch unless I'm wanting to watch some serious fender crunching hilarity and then I'll tune into one of the Bristol races.

JohnHKart
07-05-05, 02:37 AM
That's pretty much my Nascar watchin. Both road races, the final race before the final 10 deal begins and then the last 10. That's only 13 races I have to watch unless I'm wanting to watch some serious fender crunching hilarity and then I'll tune into one of the Bristol races.

Actually thinking again, I think I will record the last 20 or so laps of restrictor races...as I always enjoy the suspense. I used to really enjoy plate races when I was in my 20s but now realize how stupid they are and they are boring, like watching an IRL race.

John