PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

Sean O'Gorman
06-30-05, 12:55 PM
...after 1,407 days, 46 1/2 months, 8 regular and 4 summer semesters, and barring any sort of disaster on either of today's two finals (I suppose it could happen in my last one), I'm now DONE WITH COLLEGE! :D :D

To be honest, it sucked at times, but it wasn't all that hard. All that is left to do is wait for my last two grades to see if I'll graduate with honors, get my diploma mailed to me in August, and walk in December. Yeeaah. :cool:

coolhand
06-30-05, 12:59 PM
whats your major?

Sean O'Gorman
06-30-05, 12:59 PM
Marketing

G.
06-30-05, 03:20 PM
Through the many years of reading your posts, it appears to me that you did not let your classes get in the way of your education.

Good job! :thumbup:

Stu
06-30-05, 05:37 PM
...after 1,407 days, 46 1/2 months, 8 regular and 4 summer semesters, and barring any sort of disaster on either of today's two finals (I suppose it could happen in my last one), I'm now DONE WITH COLLEGE! :D :D

To be honest, it sucked at times, but it wasn't all that hard. All that is left to do is wait for my last two grades to see if I'll graduate with honors, get my diploma mailed to me in August, and walk in December. Yeeaah. :cool:

Be serious, you were due to fail one class.

RacinM3
06-30-05, 05:49 PM
Hahaha.....I laugh at people who say how tough college is!

Come, Sean, join us in the real world now..... :)

BTW: Congratulations!

Ankf00
06-30-05, 08:19 PM

work == cakewalk compared to 19 hours of 7 different 4th year and grad courses and labs :p

To be honest, it sucked at times, but it wasn't all that hard. yea, that happens when you get to take classes in using powerpoint :gomer:

Robstar
06-30-05, 08:29 PM
Congrats dude... :thumbup:

dando
06-30-05, 08:45 PM
Congrats, homey. Despite what the resident "rocket scientist" sez...that's a great accomplishment. :thumbup:

Marketing, eh? Even more reason to bitch @ you then. :gomer: Besides Legal, the Marketing ****s are the bane on our dev guys. :(

-Kevin

dando
06-30-05, 08:47 PM
work == cakewalk compared to 19 hours of 7 different 4th year and grad courses and labs :p

I suppose you still have nap time and/or recess.... :gomer: :D

-Kevin

oddlycalm
06-30-05, 08:50 PM
Now that you are granulating, the pressure begins. If fact, you may feel a subtle tightening in your chest as the pressure begins... Just slip on that yoke and harness and start pulling. You only have 30yrs or so of it to look forward to, so it's not too bad. Oh, by the way, you did take a few semester of Chinese didn't you...? :laugh:

oc

RHR_Fan
06-30-05, 09:31 PM
Congrats!

Now I get to start college on August 29...

~Nicole

Ankf00
06-30-05, 09:33 PM
I suppose you still have nap time and/or recess.... :gomer: :D

-Kevin

had 2 hours of it today, of course the systems guys prefer to call it "design & development meeting" :gomer:

Rob
06-30-05, 09:43 PM
Congratulations, Sean! :thumbup:

pfc_m_drake
06-30-05, 09:56 PM
of course the systems guys prefer to call it "design & development meeting" :gomer:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And by the way...congrats Sean.

Dr. Corkski
06-30-05, 10:10 PM
MarketingCongrats, now you better hope KK hires you to make up fake sponsors to put on empty sidepods. :gomer:

Lizzerd
06-30-05, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the real world, Grasshopper. The fun and games are over.

Al Czervik
06-30-05, 11:33 PM
Two words: Grad School

The real world sux

Sean O'Gorman
06-30-05, 11:51 PM

Pfft, I took 22 credit hours (6 days a week, 2 nights) this past spring, and it wasn't hard. Got my best GPA ever that semester. Perhaps Stu would like to fill in on how easy things were at times. ;)

Classic Apex
06-30-05, 11:52 PM

I echo that statement. But in the same token offer big sincere congratulations.

I look back on college...yeah, I really didn't take much away from it...learned basically nothing other than how to stretch a virtually zero budget into a never ending beer supply (and how to decoratively turn empty hard cardboard box long-neck Busch Light cases into end-tables for the couch).

Hopefully times are different for you then they were for me when I gradueated college. I.E...employers were not hiring people with a specialized/centralized degree like Marketing.

Where am I now?

I graduated as an English major from the U of Iowa. I now do technical and computer based consultation work for hospital pharmacy and nursing staffs. Yep...that English degree came in realllllllllll handy.

:D

CARTNUT
07-01-05, 03:15 AM
A heartfelt "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" Sean!

Now go out and get a job and start paying taxes like the rest of us so my neighbor can continue to pay for her groceries with food stamps and have even more kids and pile them all into her big, shiney Lexus SUV. :shakehead

Welcome to the real world!

'NUT :gomer:

lone_groover
07-01-05, 05:08 AM
Congrats kid!

Take it easy, no need to sell out to the establishment right away. You got time!

:)

Stu
07-01-05, 08:16 AM
Pfft, I took 22 credit hours (6 days a week, 2 nights) this past spring, and it wasn't hard. Got my best GPA ever that semester. Perhaps Stu would like to fill in on how easy things were at times. ;)

Are you referring to the time we got drunk and broke a light in the business building basement?

Or the times we played PS2 in an empty room on a 90 inch screen thanks to the CSU projectors?

Or all those hours spent at Becky's (the neighborhood bar, you think OGORMAN would spend time with a chick?) instead of in class.

I'm confused as to what you are referring to.

Jag_Warrior
07-01-05, 08:38 AM
Hot d@mn. Sean is O-fficially edumacated. Congrats, dude! :thumbup:

fourrunner
07-01-05, 03:35 PM
Way to Go SeanO :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
07-01-05, 04:08 PM
Anyone want to buy my old books? ;)

http://shops.half.ebay.com/sog35_W0QQmZbooks

I doubt I'll get money for more than 2-3 of those books (over half of them have been sitting for some time), but it was amusing to write the descriptions for them.

mapguy
07-01-05, 05:31 PM
now you can get a real job and be able to afford to buy jagermiester for the ladies rather than coors light. maybe it will increase your luck.. hahaha NOT!

Is your middle name "crash and burn"? hahaha!

all joking aside. congrats Sean. all the best in your future.

coolhand
07-01-05, 05:51 PM

Now go out and get a job and start paying taxes like the rest of us so my neighbor can continue to pay for her groceries with food stamps and have even more kids and pile them all into her big, shiney Lexus SUV. :shakehead

LOL :rofl:

i hate free loaders :mad:

TKGAngel
07-01-05, 06:45 PM
Good job Sean! :)

Now watch those solicitations for donations from the alumni office start arriving.

Ankf00
07-01-05, 07:13 PM
i hate free loaders :mad:

thanks for subsidizing my federal loans ;)

Jag_Warrior
07-01-05, 08:52 PM

New Lexus, huh? And free food?! Is she single?

Ya know, I'm not asking for myself. It's uh... for a friend. I just let him use my email sometimes.