PDA

View Full Version : Guess everyone can finally drop those Emmo Fitti back to CC rumours....

devilmaster
06-30-05, 12:48 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=129254

6/30/2005 11:51:02 AM

SAO PAULO (Ticker) - Soccer star Ronaldo and two-time Formula One world champion Emerson Fittipaldi unveiled A1 Team Brazil's entry to the World Cup of Motorsport in the iconic green and gold colors of the Brazilian flag on Thursday.

Ronaldo, a three-time FIFA World Player of the Year, bought into the A1 Grand Prix series and secured the involvement of the world's sixth-largest country.

"Like soccer, A1GP is a team sport," Ronaldo said. "In soccer, we have already won the World Cup five times and it would be wonderful to win the first motor racing world cup as well. The participation of Emerson is justified by our common goal to put Brazil in an atmosphere of technical innovation and high dose adrenaline."

A1 Grand Prix is the first opportunity in any area of motorsport for nations to compete with other nations on an equal basis. A total of 25 national teams will race identical cars with no electronic driver aids.

"The concept of A1 Grand Prix is fantastic," Fittipaldi said. "This category gives the edge to the driver as all the cars are identical. Our project will create the conditions for young drivers to stand out in world motorsport."

pchall
06-30-05, 01:37 PM
Given Emmo's past results in a non-driver capacity with teams and series, this also probably means that A1GP will never turn a wheel. :gomer:

theunions
06-30-05, 05:04 PM
Given Emmo's past results in a non-driver capacity with teams and series, this also probably means that A1GP will never turn a wheel. :gomer:

Actually the series would likely continue, but Emmo himself would last no more than one season.

Ziggy
06-30-05, 09:46 PM
This dude's about ready to set some twenty four year old with nice knockers up for life........again

Get with it Bumpy Face :laugh:

NismoZ
06-30-05, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I guess you're glad a former F-1 and CART Champ and popular favorite decided A1 had more to offer him, his country and investors than ChampCar could? Frankly, I think A1 poses a greater threat to ChampCar than anything FTG can dream up. New concepts, fresh thinking and PLENTY of cash are behind it and I am anxious to see how it looks on the track. I'll withold any possible derision until I actually see the product.

Winston Wolfe
07-01-05, 12:37 AM
Can Emmo EVER be quoted without having the word "Fantastic" in it ???

He is a classic. And lives by the golden rule of racing: "if you want to make a small fortune in racing, start with a big one.... and make sure it isnt your money! "

trauma1
07-01-05, 07:43 AM
well with emmo involved i'm even more convinced that this series will not turn a wheel. can you imagine team Lebanon car with RPG's

Jag_Warrior
07-01-05, 08:33 AM
Get with it Bumpy Face :laugh:

Very classy.

nrc
07-01-05, 08:51 AM
Very classy.
That's why we like having Zig here. He holds his pinky out when he drinks tea, too.