PDA

View Full Version : student loan consolidation

Ankf00
06-29-05, 09:51 PM
deadline's tomorrow, the rates are gonna be hiked 2-3 points so if you haven't consolidated yet, do it now unless you like 5+ point rates :saywhat:

RaceGrrl
06-30-05, 12:08 AM
Wow, I love my free tuition. :thumbup: :D

chop456
06-30-05, 01:09 AM
Wifey just did it last week.

Fortunately she's got enough degrees to cover my :gomer: ass, too. :D

indyfan31
06-30-05, 01:16 AM
Got mine done 2 weeks ago. Sallie Mae is run like an asylum, I get baskets of conflicting emails, snail mails and phone messages.

Sean O'Gorman
06-30-05, 10:45 AM
I only took one loan in all my four years (for this past spring), so I don't think there is anything to consolidate for me. :gomer:

indyfan31
06-30-05, 12:01 PM
I only took one loan in all my four years (for this past spring), so I don't think there is anything to consolidate for me. :gomer:
That's what I thought too. But if it's a variable it can be "consolidated" into a fixed interest loan. Like I said, they're insane.

TKGAngel
06-30-05, 12:36 PM
Got mine done 2 weeks ago. Sallie Mae is run like an asylum, I get baskets of conflicting emails, snail mails and phone messages.

I love the fact that when I call their help line, their next payment due date is one month ahead of what I've got in my coupon book. Oh well, they own my soul for the next 15 years. :shakehead

tllips
06-30-05, 12:40 PM
I just did mine this week, but I won't graduate until next May and will have two more disbursements before then. One can be easily added to this loan, but the second one is not so certain. Apparently you can only add to the consolidated loan for six months.

I also have to give up my 6 month grace period after graduation. :(

Ankf00
06-30-05, 07:54 PM
I just did mine this week, but I won't graduate until next May and will have two more disbursements before then. One can be easily added to this loan, but the second one is not so certain. Apparently you can only add to the consolidated loan for six months.

I also have to give up my 6 month grace period after graduation. :(

Sallie Mae's website shows loopholes to get your loans qualified while still in school and then get your grace period back, I didn't read them thoroughly b/c they don't apply to me but I recall loopholes about both being discussed, check out the FAQ for consolidation

apparently I had to return my signed form to the uni credit union in Austin today, yea, fat chance that was happening... lucky for me, the consolidation company I was using was located 5 minutes from work on the other side of Ameriquest Stadium or Field or whatever the hell they call the Ballpark at Arlington these days :D