PDA

View Full Version : Jason Priestley=Grand Marshall of Denver GP

rabbit
06-28-05, 04:47 PM
Click here for full press release. (http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=192135&FS=CHAMPCAR)

DENVER--June 28, 2005-- It was announced today that Jason Priestley, an actor who first made his mark in the hit FOX Television series "Beverly Hills 90210", will be Grand Marshall of the 2005 CENTRIX Financial Grand Prix of Denver presented by PacifiCare. This is the first year the Grand Prix of Denver has featured a national celebrity as Grand Marshall.

Priestley who hails from Vancouver, Canada, has a passion for racing, the Champ Car World Series, and Denver. "I've always enjoyed attending Champ Car races and being a part of race weekend festivities," said Priestley. "Denver is one of my favorite places to visit and I'm thrilled to be a part of this year's Grand Prix. If you've never been to a Grand Prix, you need to come down and be engulfed by all the energy and excitement."

coolhand
06-28-05, 04:51 PM
after breaking your back and loosing your friend i think he might of had it with Tony's vision

Andrew Longman
06-28-05, 05:55 PM
This is a joke right? Where is Priestley's career now and how does his presence help the DGP?

Feel bad about his back though. No one deserves that even if their pocket book and ego outstrip their talent and judgement.

Coolhand: Friend? Was he friends with Renna? Same as well. I have a business associate who is close to his girlfriend's family. Sucks

theunions
06-28-05, 09:18 PM
Was he friends with Renna?

Tony spotted for Jason, and they had many of the same Kelley sponsors.

Also note that other ex-Kelley people (Jim Freudenberg and Jana Watt, at the very least) have been working as race staff.

Napoleon
06-28-05, 09:51 PM
Also note that other ex-Kelley people (Jim Freudenberg and Jana Watt, at the very least) have been working as race staff.

Where,Denver?

RaceGrrl
06-29-05, 12:42 AM
Well, at least now he's back to being a useless celebrity instead of being a useless driver.

Lame.

theunions
06-29-05, 02:04 AM
Where,Denver?

Yup...Jim is General Manager and Jana is PR.

Ankf00
06-29-05, 02:10 AM
sweet mother of god.

I guess it proves people can be saved from the kool-aid, seems it requires quite a high price though :(

devilmaster
06-29-05, 02:23 AM
Tony spotted for Jason, and they had many of the same Kelley sponsors.

Jason was also friends with Greg Moore. It was a party hosted by Jason that Greg attended and brought Dario where Dario met Ashley.

Jervis Tetch 1
06-30-05, 12:33 AM
I didn't think Priestley still had a career.

Insomniac
07-01-05, 09:40 AM
I didn't think Priestley still had a career.

I just saw him on an episode of MacGyver. :)

But seruiously, I last saw him on Tru Calling which was cancelled last season. He was never a movie star, but I'm sure he's far from hurting for money.