PDA

View Full Version : Ganssi contacted legge?

coolhand
06-28-05, 03:15 PM
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1119910209915&call_pageid=1044529390035&col=1044529387291&DPL=IvsNDS%2f7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

guess there is no talent in IPS

coolhand
06-28-05, 03:18 PM
IRL spokesman Fred Nation said league officials were unaware of any of its people being in contact with Legge.

"We're not aware of any IRL official being in Cleveland for that or any other reason," Nation said. "It's possible though that she may have been approached by someone from one of our teams: a sponsor, a manufacturer or an agent.

"She's a good racer but we're not in the business of buying the contracts of racers to come to the IRL."

oh horse ****

trauma1
06-28-05, 03:27 PM
lying sack of ****, bagdad bob, what slime :shakehead

Wally
06-28-05, 03:37 PM
Actually I hope this is true. Champ Car and or CART has done a poor job of protecting assets in the past. Would love to see floyd draw the attention of KK,GF and all their resources. :laugh:

coolhand
06-28-05, 03:44 PM
all that "no comment" stuff. i dont know what to think about it :shakehead

FRANKY
06-28-05, 03:47 PM
I heard that she was contacted previous to her Long Beach race for an IPS ride, funding issues kept it from getting done.

coolhand
06-28-05, 03:48 PM
n/m

coolhand
06-28-05, 03:51 PM
I heard that she was contacted previous to her Long Beach race for an IPS ride, funding issues kept it from getting done.

she tested with Kathrine Nunn

trauma1
06-28-05, 03:52 PM
she did a test for nunn's wife IPS team before they folded. nice try chipster, but wrong currency again, :shakehead

spinner26
06-28-05, 05:18 PM
Where did I miss the fatassi connection in this piece? :confused:

coolhand
06-28-05, 05:25 PM
Where did I miss the fatassi connection in this piece? :confused:

MarkC said it was Ganassi

FRANKY
06-28-05, 06:19 PM
"Her contract with Polestar was for six months and, as of last weekend's races in Cleveland, she became a free agent."

Looks like he would be more than free to contact her seeing that she wasn't under contract anymore. I don't think people can make a fuss about it anymore than her getting an Atlantic ride after FIRST testing in IPS.

She should just sit tight and let her price go up.

Steve99
06-29-05, 02:21 PM
lying sack of ****, bagdad bob, what slime :shakehead
To be fair, they usually go buy entire teams, not just the drivers. :gomer:

pchall
06-29-05, 03:35 PM
The only way I could see this ever having happened is if FTG put up a large wad to get this girl in the IRL to compete against Danica.

Where FTG would have put that wad, I don't want to discuss.

TedN
07-07-05, 12:38 PM
Good article on Legge in today's local paper. Link (http://tinyurl.com/bv54p)

Ted

Andrew Longman
07-07-05, 01:12 PM
Good article on Legge in today's local paper. Link (http://tinyurl.com/bv54p)

Ted

A Formula One gig "used to be" Legge's ultimate goal, but she now says she sees her future in North America.

"I have loyalties to Champ Car, and I really respect what (team owner and series co-owner) Kevin Kalkhoven has done," she said. "It's seen as the American Formula One, if you like. ... Most drivers in Europe would give their right arm to come over and race Champ Car."

And

"Champ Car for me, at the moment, is the place to be," she says. "The atmosphere around the racing I fell in love with the moment I came over here, and we'll see how quickly I learn what I need to learn in Toyota Atlantic.

"It may be a two-year program that we're on here, or I might win the last half of the season. You just never know. But for sure that's where I want to be, that's where all the best drivers in the country are, and the best drivers in the world."

:thumbup:

nrc
07-07-05, 07:23 PM
Ha. Love the turnabout on Danica given Danica's comments about Fisher, `It seems really important to Danica to be seen as some sort of sex symbol, hereas I think it's more important, for me,to be seen as a winner.'

Good to see that the contract issues have been worked out.

Dr. Corkski
07-07-05, 08:01 PM
A Formula One gig "used to be" Legge's ultimate goal, but she now says she sees her future in North America.

"I have loyalties to Champ Car, and I really respect what (team owner and series co-owner) Kevin Kalkhoven has done," she said. "It's seen as the American Formula One, if you like. ... Most drivers in Europe would give their right arm to come over and race Champ Car."

And

"Champ Car for me, at the moment, is the place to be," she says. "The atmosphere around the racing I fell in love with the moment I came over here, and we'll see how quickly I learn what I need to learn in Toyota Atlantic.

"It may be a two-year program that we're on here, or I might win the last half of the season. You just never know. But for sure that's where I want to be, that's where all the best drivers in the country are, and the best drivers in the world."

:thumbup:Might have a little something to do with Kalkhoven being the one funding her career right now. Money talks. Credit to her for at least taking advantage of it.

That check for the second half was as good as written the second Rocky Moran's car broke down at Long Beach. Whether it's from Kalkhoven or from a third party is going to be the interesting part.

Insomniac
07-08-05, 08:08 AM
I'm glad she is saying she is loyal to ChampCar. I'm more confident since she is tied to KK who isn't going anywhere. There was a time Danica wanted to be in ChampCar too.