PDA

View Full Version : Intel?

Andrew Longman
06-28-05, 08:24 AM
Nothing on Wilsons car this weekend and no signage at the track. I guess that was a Portland only deal. :confused:

Too bad. But Tracy had some dot com thing added to his livery.

devilmaster
06-28-05, 09:24 AM
Tracy's sponsor was a new resort in the Boyne Mountain area of Michigan. Forsythe owns a good chunk of the http://www.mountaingrandlodge.com/

Intel still has a presence on Champcar's website, and I believe its now Race Director - Powered by Intel.

KLang
06-28-05, 09:30 AM
Doesn't Intel have operations in or near San Jose? Perhaps they'll be back for that race.

Andrew Longman
06-28-05, 09:35 AM
Doesn't Intel have operations in or near San Jose? Perhaps they'll be back for that race.

Hopefully, but I would also have hoped that the Intel folks would want their logo on the sidepods for another/the next network broadcast after Portland.

Not complaining, just disappointed

oddlycalm
06-28-05, 01:42 PM
Nothing on Wilsons car this weekend and no signage at the track. I guess that was a Portland only deal. :confused: Yup, I previously posted that this was a one off on the other Intel thread. It's the same level of "presence" the bring to all the Portland Rose Festival events. Just enough bucks to get them lots of signage and allow them to put up a tent and pimp their stuff. Intel is Oregon's largest employer, and Hillsboro is Intel's largest location with regard to number of employees.

oc

Steve99
06-28-05, 02:34 PM
I'd never even heard of the "Boyne Mountain area of Michigan" before I watched Sunday's race, so their sponsorship is working.