PDA

View Full Version : Wind Tunnel Comment on USGP offer

Andrew Longman
06-28-05, 12:07 AM
I was a little disappointed with DD comments that he was surprised and disappointed that only 1000 people redeemed the USGP offer at Cleveland.

I met two groups of them. One parked next to me and were from VA. The others sat behind me. Actually I talked to a third guy this week from norther CA who does tech support for software I bought.

All had a great time in Indy. They liked the track, the city and came away withoug huge regrets about how they spent the week end except complete discuss for F1 ability to actually run a race.

But back to DD comments, I think 1000 is about what I would expect. That's about 1 in 100-120.

Think about this group.

-- Many traveled great distances. How many will do that two weeks in a row
-- All spent a chunk of change on more than just tickets. Who is going to do that two week in a row
-- He assumed the USGP fabs universally know who CC is and want to go
-- He assumed they heard about the offer
-- He assumed they could shift plans to be in Cleveland (with hotel etc) on a few days notice

These are undoubtably other reasons, but given just this, I think 1 in 100 if pretty good

Lizzerd
06-28-05, 12:26 AM
As I was entering going into the track, I saw a lady stowing four USGP tix in her backpack. I asked her if she would have been here otherwise and she said no. 1000+ is 12% of the irl crowd at Phoenix.

rabbit
06-28-05, 12:31 AM
And how many people already had tickets to both? The response exceeded my expectations.

(BTW, just to clarify, which DD said this? Daly or Despain?)

Lizzerd
06-28-05, 12:32 AM
And how many people already had tickets to both? The response exceeded my expectations.

Me, for one.

Andrew Longman
06-28-05, 08:18 AM

Despain, and his guest concurred.

Oh, and he missed the point that CCWS got some seriously good and free PR out of it (that minimally produced 12% of the Phoenix crowd.)