PDA

View Full Version : What? No congrats thread?

RaceGrrl
06-27-05, 01:46 PM
Sheesh people, I'm surprised no-one has started this thread already. Great job, Paul!

I'd have been happier for CdM get the win and throw a wrench in the points race though. Fantastic drive by AJ too, and of course I'm happy about Oriol's podium finish. Overall, it was a great weekend. Sunny, nice breeze off the lake and some really fine racing. :thumbup:

KLang
06-27-05, 02:21 PM
Did you catch AJ and Oriol pimping their sponsors in the post race interviews? :laugh: I thought Oriol's comments were especially good.

chicanor
06-27-05, 02:26 PM
oustanding weekend, first time to cleveland and i'll never miss that race again!! way to go Paul, AJ and Oriol.

KLang
06-27-05, 02:39 PM
And how about those picture perfect doughnuts? :thumbup: I don't if even the master Zanardi could have done better.

G.
06-27-05, 02:45 PM
And how about those picture perfect doughnuts? :thumbup: I don't if even the master Zanardi could have done better.PT did a clinic on donut makin'!

Winston Wolfe
06-27-05, 03:20 PM
Did you catch AJ and Oriol pimping their sponsors in the post race interviews? :laugh: I thought Oriol's comments were especially good.

"Dinger was WIPED out after the race, and it was thought he may not make it to the podium because he was so tired....

He said something to the effect that he would have to drink a couple of Red Bulls after the race....

Oriol looked surprisingly relaxed and calm after a busy, hot, fast day !

Insomniac
06-27-05, 03:22 PM
Sheesh people, I'm surprised no-one has started this thread already. Great job, Paul!

Nice thread RaceGrrl. I noticed the same thing. Almost everyone here is a PT hater!

Insomniac
06-27-05, 03:23 PM
And how about those picture perfect doughnuts? :thumbup: I don't if even the master Zanardi could have done better.

No one sticks a front tire like PT. Just as good as his ones in Totonto (last year or the year before).

nrc
06-27-05, 03:34 PM
"Dinger was WIPED out after the race, and it was thought he may not make it to the podium because he was so tired....

He said something to the effect that he would have to drink a couple of Red Bulls after the race....
Heard him say on the scanner after the race, "I'm going to need a lot of water and and a lot of wash clothes."

KLang
06-27-05, 03:41 PM
Oriol looked surprisingly relaxed and calm after a busy, hot, fast day !

I don't recall the wording but he credited Pacificare, a health organization, for his feeling great after the race.

G.
06-27-05, 03:57 PM

I ain't no lip reader, but I coulda swore that Dinger leaned over to PT on the podium and said "I think I'm going to throw up".

Someone got a tape to review this?

Excellent podium, PT, Dinger and CookieBoy! Outstanding job!

coolhand
06-27-05, 05:16 PM
Nice thread RaceGrrl. I noticed the same thing. Almost everyone here is a PT hater!

I Like PT

He is the real deal and drove for a top team during CART's Greatest Era. :thumbup:

dando
06-27-05, 05:21 PM
An even better drive by AJ, ATC:

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1119864740177281.xml&coll=2

"I'm a bit sore, and I've had a problem with my stomach," said Allmendinger, 23 and a native of Hollister, Calif. "I haven't put any food in it. I felt kind of queasy out there the last 25 laps. I just didn't want to lose my lunch in the car."

-Kevin

Lizzerd
06-27-05, 05:53 PM

Not me! WTG, PT. :thumbup:

I must admit that I didn't always like the guy. His undying loyalty to CART and now CC, his 497.5 win, his more "mature" attitude on and off the track, and the fact that in 2003 he finally realized the potential many knew he always had made me a PT fan, big time.

Another :thumbup:

indyfan31
06-27-05, 07:25 PM
Not me! WTG, PT. :thumbup:

I must admit that I didn't always like the guy. His undying loyalty to CART and now CC, his 497.5 win, his more "mature" attitude on and off the track, and the fact that in 2003 he finally realized the potential many knew he always had made me a PT fan, big time.

Another :thumbup:

What Lizzerd said.

Racing Truth
06-27-05, 07:40 PM
An even better drive by AJ, ATC:

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1119864740177281.xml&coll=2

-Kevin

Won't be long for AJ's first win. The kid is impressive, very impressive. :thumbup:

I felt PT pulled the closest thing to a Schumacher that we'll see on this continent. His in and out laps were obviously outstanding. :thumbup:

Ankf00
06-27-05, 07:43 PM
AJ's got sac. That's for sure.

TravelGal
06-27-05, 08:26 PM
I don't recall the wording but he credited Pacificare, a health organization, for his feeling great after the race.

My memory is something like "Pacificare. It's all about health, right?" And a bit more. I thought it was the best product pitch I had EVER seen because he was the only one of the three that didn't look like he'd been run over by his own car.

Loved the donuts. Particularly loved that the announcers were so jazzed they decided to "keep a picture" and "judge the donuts from now on." What a hoot and a GREAT idea. Put some [more] fun into it!

rabbit
06-27-05, 11:13 PM
Overheard after the race -- 'Dinger to Servia: "Dude, Tracy is the ****ing **** on restarts. He passed two cars in one turn! I had Glock and Vasser between us and I thought, 'I hope they can hold him up for about five laps.' I came out of turn 1, looked in my mirror and was like, 'Aw ****.'" :rofl:

Andrew Longman
06-27-05, 11:30 PM
I'm impressed Dinger made it to the podium and even zipped up his driver suit. He and other drank literally a gallon of water each on the podium. Hell I'm impressed he even made the race after the whack he took

Good for PT! I'd have been happy if CDM got it too. Or Dinger. All have expressed love and loyalty to CC and they'll have to screw up bad to earn my meager wrath.

Dinger made a fan for life with my son. He sneaked around the back of his paddock on Friday to get an autograph and they hit it off. Four other times over weekend Dinger recognized him and drew him into conversation. A real authentic guy who just loves what he's doing. I'm glad he was safe,

RusH
06-27-05, 11:43 PM
I ain't no lip reader, but I coulda swore that Dinger leaned over to PT on the podium and said "I think I'm going to throw up".

Someone got a tape to review this?

Excellent podium, PT, Dinger and CookieBoy! Outstanding job!

I caught that.
That`s what he said IMO.
Could have been messy :eek: :gomer:

Andrew Longman
06-27-05, 11:56 PM
I caught that.
That`s what he said IMO.
Could have been messy :eek: :gomer:
When he first got up there I thought he would puke too. But he perked up once he cooled off a bit and got about a gallon of water in him.

Better than the GT driver that nearly fell backwards off the podium, He was clearly shot and disoriented.

devilmaster
06-28-05, 12:57 AM
When he first got up there I thought he would puke too. But he perked up once he cooled off a bit and got about a gallon of water in him.

Better than the GT driver that nearly fell backwards off the podium, He was clearly shot and disoriented.

Chicago race few years back.... That just stupidly hot day. Who was it that had to just sit on the podium when the champagne sprayed?

I actually got a bit of heat stroke myself that day. Learned me for wearing CART swag..... dark blue cart logo shirt.

I decided the night before to go to the race that sunday.... I remember getting no sleep cause it was the same weekend as LeMans and I watched as much as I could during the night.

It was also the weekend my buddy Mike (who wasn't a racefan at all) decided to come with, and pay the tix as a gift. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/sad/bncry.gif

"So tonight I'll wish upon these stars
As they rise upward to guide me
That I'll see you here just as you are
Now, as then, beside me
Scares me how the years have flown
Like the leaves drift in September
They've lost sight of you as your legacy's grown
But this road and I
We remember"
-Garnet Rogers, "Night Drive"-