PDA

View Full Version : AP report on the USGP ticket giveaway.

devilmaster
06-27-05, 01:21 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/cart/news?slug=ap-champ-clevelandnotebook&prov=ap&type=lgns

RAPID REFUND

Formula One's problems were Champ Car's gain.

More than 1,100 racing fans who were at the troubled United States Grand Prix in Indianapolis last week redeemed their tickets from that race for free ones to Cleveland's event.

Race organizers made the offer hoping that once fans came to Cleveland they will come back again.

``It's great that they did this,'' said Justin Yager of Greenfield, Ind., who drove to Cleveland with three friends. ``You can't blame F1 for what happened last week. It's all Michelin.''

Only six cars competed in Indianapolis after Michelin raised concerns about the safety of its tires in the final turn of the road course, prompting 14 drivers to withdraw.

Jervis Tetch 1
06-27-05, 02:47 AM
:thumbup:

RTKar
06-27-05, 06:44 AM
Whoever came up with the idea :thumbup:

Napoleon
06-27-05, 08:01 AM
It actually kind of surprises me there were that many.

Lizzerd
06-27-05, 06:08 PM
As I was entering the gate, I saw a lady putting four of them in her knapsack. I asked her if she would have attended if not for the offer. She said, "no".

Even if last weekend wasn't the fault of IMS (and I really wish we could have blamed it on FTG), any stick in the eye of IMS is a good stick.

Steve99
06-28-05, 12:55 AM
Justin Yager there sounds like he doesn't know the difference between F1 and CCWS.