PDA

View Full Version : USGP: Tony's solution

datachicane
06-26-05, 02:45 AM
RICHMOND, VA (AP) - Tony George flew to Europe this week to meet with grand prix officials about last week's boycotted U.S. Grand Prix. But he didn't return with answers. If anything, he said he knew less about the event's future -- much less refunds for customers -- than he did before he went.

"I felt very helpless," he said Saturday at Richmond International Raceway, where his Indy Racing League will stage the SunTrust Indy Challenge. "I didn't know what was going on." George decided the only reasonable solution available to him was to return to the playbook which has made the Indianapolis Motor Speedway the revered motorsports icon that it is today.

"I'm announcing the formation of the Formula Grand Prix Racing League. We intend to safeguard the legacy of the Speedway and return the uncontrolled technology and unreasonable budgets of international formula car racing to their midwestern roots. Too long has this sport been controlled by out-of-state interests." George also verified that twenty-five of the twenty available grid positions at the 2006 USGP would be reserved for exclusive FGPRL competitors, while the remaining negative five competitors would technically boycott.
More details as they become available...

mapguy
06-26-05, 08:26 AM
:D :rofl:

fourrunner
06-26-05, 10:46 AM
I hear that AJ Foyt supports this, and will move his team to the new Series in support of his Godson Tony George !

Jag_Warrior
06-27-05, 12:12 AM
Tony George's quote for life:

"I didn't know what was going on."

Ziggy
06-27-05, 12:45 AM
nice to see you datachicane

:rofl:

RichK
06-27-05, 01:06 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Jervis Tetch 1
06-27-05, 02:52 AM
:thumbup:

TorontoWorker
06-27-05, 09:09 AM
"Too long has this sport been controlled by out-of-state interests".
:thumbup: :D

Steve99
06-27-05, 01:50 PM
On WindTunnel last night they said TG went to Europe but didn't learn anything. :confused: Like he ever learns anything.

Sean O'Gorman
06-27-05, 02:01 PM
Like he ever learns anything.

Not true. I heard he finally learned that a bidet is not for drinking out of.

theunions
06-27-05, 02:03 PM
Not true. I heard he finally learned that a bidet is not for drinking out of.

I'd never give him that much credit.

Napoleon
06-28-05, 09:58 PM
:thumbup:

:rofl:

cart7
06-28-05, 10:04 PM
:rofl: Good one.

Lizzerd
06-28-05, 10:42 PM
The sad thing is, it's believable!

oddlycalm
06-29-05, 01:27 AM
Not true. I heard he finally learned that a bidet is not for drinking out of. OK, who told him... :mad:

oc

TravelGal
06-29-05, 01:31 AM
The sad thing is, it's believable!

word. Jeez. Don't do this to me. I'm reading this late and night and thinking, "What the .........?" It's close enough to the truth that I was trying to make it make sense so I looked down the list for explanatory comments. Fortunately there were enough :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 's for me to finally get it. D'oh.

NismoZ
06-30-05, 01:53 PM
Dataguy!...You still have it, man, Bring it!...

Kink
07-01-05, 08:39 PM
tg flies to France
with ants in his pants
He has a "vision" for all to be well
The Michelin Man sighs
while rolling his eyes
cause tg has his sad story to tell

Mich runs to Max
making little white tracks
and begs to make a deal
"Get rid of the clown,
make him get out of town,
and GPWC won't turn a wheel"!!

Rocketdoc
07-01-05, 08:52 PM
"If anything, he said he knew less about the event's future -- much less refunds for customers -- than he did before he went."

That seems to be a condition on almost all of his thought processes.