PDA

View Full Version : RHR's New livery/sponsor

coolhand
06-25-05, 02:57 AM
http://www.champcar.ws/Content/Photos/2005/By400/20050624P_0022.jpg

Paintergeek
06-25-05, 09:45 AM
Looks better than the McDonalds car! THIS should be the Seabass car, with the big M on the side!

I hate painted rims though. The Players cars were the only ones that really pulled off this look, and thats because it was subtle gold, not body-color. Those red rims are hideous.

Insomniac
06-25-05, 10:26 AM
Looks better than the McDonalds car! THIS should be the Seabass car, with the big M on the side!

I hate painted rims though. The Players cars were the only ones that really pulled off this look, and thats because it was subtle gold, not body-color. Those red rims are hideous.

I actually like the red rims and think the Player's cars look far better with silver rims. :)

Ziggy
06-25-05, 10:35 AM
No fear of ever seeing that car on TV...........

Very Earl Schieb looking. Somebody should have chipped in for a role of masking tape.

racermike
06-25-05, 11:07 AM
ack!

Another Red Car !

spinner26
06-25-05, 11:52 AM
I actually like the red rims and think the Player's cars look far better with silver rims. :)

Ya know, chrome rims are cool and all, they look good in person and on t.v. but until you've had to polish them bastards after a rainy day, well I'll just say it stinks. :cry: :thumdown:

Ankf00
06-25-05, 12:52 PM
gold wheels for players clashed w/ the rest of their livery i think

theunions
06-25-05, 01:50 PM
gold wheels for players clashed w/ the rest of their livery i think

Not when you consider the cars had gold leaf pinstriping.

coolhand
06-25-05, 02:19 PM
they started phasing out the gold once they lost players because they canadian government kept giving them problems with the livery being so similar to the players one.

so they started half way through last season to change them to Chrome (i am sure Paul liked that) and then this year they did a total redesign

coolhand
06-25-05, 02:22 PM
to refresh people's memory

http://www.champcar.ws/content/photos/2003/By800/20030727P_0032.jpg

Insomniac
06-25-05, 04:49 PM
they started phasing out the gold once they lost players because they canadian government kept giving them problems with the livery being so similar to the players one.

so they started half way through last season to change them to Chrome (i am sure Paul liked that) and then this year they did a total redesign

I didn't know that, I'm glad they did it thought.

Paintergeek
06-25-05, 10:50 PM
Not when you consider the cars had gold leaf pinstriping.

Yikes! Dont confuse Gold-leafing with gold paint! BTW, I actually meant to say Team Green, but players is the same difference. Both teams used the same gold color on their rims as from the striping on their body (not neccessarily same from one team to the other though. ).

But gold leafing is something all together different! Id hate to have to leaf that many lines that many times a year! Also, Painting them sucks since you have to strip the paint off to crack check them........then you gotta repaint them all! Ech!

originally posted by spinner26 Ya know, chrome rims are cool and all, they look good in person and on t.v. but until you've had to polish them bastards after a rainy day, well I'll just say it stinks.

AMEN M'Brotha! I admit, they look good. But many teams had two people whon just polished wheels all day. By the time you finished the last one, you had to start over on the first set. And as Spinner said.........If it rained overnight, forget it. The black coated rims always look good, are functional, and clean up with brake-cleaner.

coolhand
06-25-05, 10:55 PM
Forythe hired a full time wheel polisher :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
06-27-05, 10:57 AM
AMEN M'Brotha! I admit, they look good. But many teams had two people whon just polished wheels all day. By the time you finished the last one, you had to start over on the first set.

What did it pay and why did I never get an application?!

Anteater
06-28-05, 11:20 AM
I was pleased to see the new sponsor/livery (although I'm not sure about those red rims). Cytomax is a very popular sport drink, and the product is a good fit given the athleticism of our drivers. :cool:

Sean O'Gorman
06-28-05, 12:12 PM
Cytomax is the company owned by Greg Pickett, a driver of one of Gentilozzi's Trans-Am cars. Probably not really a "true" sponsorship.

chop456
06-28-05, 12:16 PM
Cytomax is the company owned by Greg Pickett, a driver of one of Gentilozzi's Trans-Am cars. Probably not really a "true" sponsorship.

Thanks, Wilke Jr. :thumbup: