PDA

View Full Version : da Matta is back

KLang
06-24-05, 12:44 PM
2nd in the first pratice. :thumbup:

Servia 4th just shy of SB.

I hope RuSport picks up the pace for qualifying.

nrc
06-24-05, 12:47 PM
yep, things could get mighty interesting. Meanwhile, Rocketsports seems totally lost. :/

KLang
06-24-05, 12:52 PM
Meanwhile, Rocketsports seems totally lost. :/

Yea, what's up with RHR? Looking at his stats it's been either feast or famine and mostly famine. I tend to think Rocketsports isn't up to the task but his results weren't that great the prior two years either.

Racing Truth
06-24-05, 03:29 PM
Just 'bout to comment on Shorty. He is indeed back and will make the rest of the year very interesting. :cool:

NOTE: If you're not there now, but will be later this weekend, it is going to be HOT, 90+ degrees out there.

cameraman
06-24-05, 03:41 PM
I really hope they make it thru turn 1 this year. If they can keep it green like they did last week this could easily be a fantastic race.

trauma1
06-24-05, 03:59 PM
shorty P1 58.436

KLang
06-24-05, 04:01 PM
Provisional pole :thumbup:

The Doctor
06-24-05, 04:02 PM
Prov. pole! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Maybe the start of a new drive for five. ;)

KLang
06-24-05, 04:05 PM
With Vasser in 6th, PKV is stepping up to battle with NH and Forsythe. :cool:

dando
06-24-05, 04:18 PM
Go shorty, go shorty, go shorty! :cool:

Oh, and go Jeemy, 2. :thumbup:

-Kevin

molive
06-24-05, 05:02 PM
longtimenoposthere, but...

Yey! Da Matta is back. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Btw, its great to finally stfu the nay sayers who said he only won because of weight advantage... :shakehead

Looking forward to the first corner mayhem (with PT alongside its always interesting!)

Don Quixote
06-24-05, 06:16 PM
RM used to call shorty the badass. It will be an interesting game of chicken going into turn 1!

Anteater
06-28-05, 12:00 PM
Btw, its great to finally stfu the nay sayers who said he only won because of weight advantage... :shakehead

YES!!! :thumbup: I was going to mention this, but you beat me to it.

Having just observed Shorty at 2 races in a row, he seems to be more relaxed now, and absolutely delighted to be back in CCWS where he is appreciated and can be a factor. It was impressive to hear his feedback on the scanner as he worked with the team until the car was perfect. And he is so appreciative of his fans.

Thursday night at the Bridgestone Champ Car Night, there were Q&A panels with drivers. The last question came from a boy about 7 years old; he asked "Cristy" if he was glad that he wasn't in F1 at IMS. Da Matta just busted up and gave a resounding "Yes!" :rofl:

pchall
06-28-05, 03:59 PM
Da Matta might be back, but he still needs to learn how to pass a couple of backmarkers fighting it out between themselves without taking himself out of a likely winning situation. ;)