PDA

View Full Version : “The Indianapolis run did not happen because I’m dumb."

rabbit
06-23-05, 03:14 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/17764/

Believe it or not, but the previously announced demonstration run of the Williams FW27 by Alex Zanardi didn't happen during the United States Grand Prix not because of the Michelin tire debacle or BMW’s decision to switch to Sauber the status of its works F1 squad. The “Pineapple”, currently a factory driver for the BMW World Touring Car Championship team, says he didn’t pound around Indy simply because he “forgot” about the test.

“The Indianapolis run did not happen because I’m dumb,” Zanardi confessed. “I was supposed to call Williams to finalize the details, but I did not - I forgot all about it.”

Now that his memory has been freshened up, the Italian, who drove for Williams back in '99, confirmed that the test should happen at a later date this season.

“The plans are still up. The idea is to do a few laps at Monza,” he revealed. The Italian GP is scheduled for Sept. 4. :rofl:

Dirty Sanchez
06-23-05, 03:17 PM
Monza, eh? that works for me ;)

RacinM3
06-23-05, 04:13 PM
Didn't Zanardi at one point after having a cat-scan of his head once say something to the effect of "I was extremely happy to hear the doctor say that yes, there was indeed a brain in there"?

Always direct and self-deprecating. Two of his best qualities :thumbup:

Lizzerd
06-23-05, 10:17 PM
[temporary hijack] Dizzy Dean, a great pitcher from the '30's and '40's was hit in the head by a line drive duriing a game. The doctors x-rayed him and he was glad to announce (paraphrase) "they examined my head and found nothing" [\temporary hijack]

chop456
06-23-05, 10:40 PM
Monza, eh? that works for me ;)

Cram it, Sir. :p

Methanolandbrats
06-23-05, 10:43 PM
Monza, eh? that works for me ;)Now you are going to Monza ?...........I'm beginning to hate you ;)