PDA

View Full Version : Mika Salo asked by FIA to undergo examination

devilmaster
06-22-05, 04:33 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=128608

TSN.ca Staff

6/22/2005 1:20:05 PM

Mika Salo has been asked to undergo an examination by FIA after large amounts of carbon fibre dust were recently discovered in his lungs.

The Finnish newspaper Ilta-Sanomat says the governing body wants to examine the 38 year old former F1 driver to determine the health risks for other drivers.

"There was really a lot of that dust in my lungs," said Salo, who drove for seven teams - including Ferrari - from 1994 to 2002.

"If I have this much of it, how much will Michael Schumacher, who has driven 10 years longer than me, have?"

Methanolandbrats
06-22-05, 04:45 PM
[url
"If I have this much of it, how much will Michael Schumacher, who has driven 10 years longer than me, have?" ]

Probably less dust, it's less of a problem at the front of the grid :D

Sean O'Gorman
06-22-05, 04:48 PM
"If I have this much of it, how much will Michael Schumacher, who has driven 10 years longer than me, have?"

Robots don't have lungs.

Easy
06-22-05, 05:46 PM
Triple snaps!!!

Steve99
06-22-05, 07:50 PM
What do they want to do, take his lungs out and examine them? Donate your lungs to FIA! :saywhat:

RichK
06-22-05, 07:54 PM
What do they want to do, take his lungs out and examine them? Donate your lungs to FIA! :saywhat:

FIA: "We've come to take your lungs."

Driver: "But I'm still using them!"

[maybe this belongs in the movie quote thread....]

dando
06-22-05, 08:43 PM
FIA: "We've come to take your lungs."

Driver: "But I'm still using them!"

[maybe this belongs in the movie quote thread....]
:rofl:

A classic (paraphrased) from The Meaning of Life....but it's my theory and if you don't like it, **** off! :)

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
06-22-05, 08:45 PM
I was at Englishtown on Friday and watched Dixon's crew go to work on his car after a run.

A guy was under the car pulling connecting rods while another mechanic was servicing the rear brakes. With an air hose he was blowing all the dust off the rotors and all over the other guy and I had two thoughts.

1) Good thing those are no longer asbestos

2) climbing under the car to service the rods and cranks is definitely the low man on the totem pole job when they shower you with carbon without any thought or regard