PDA

View Full Version : More positive exposure for F-1.....not!!!

TrueBrit
06-22-05, 01:24 PM
I know that Bernie's neanderthalic comments were posted elsewhere, but now it has hit the mainstream....at just the right time....

Not satisfied with completely screwing the pooch this past sunday, this story re-surfaces....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8317370/

Way to go Bernard.... :gomer:

eiregosod
06-22-05, 02:36 PM
Bernie comes from an era when women were property

TrueBrit
06-22-05, 03:01 PM
Bernie comes from an era when women were property

The 1800's? ..... :D

nrc
06-22-05, 03:08 PM
Fred Nation probably dredged this story up to pimp the only story he's got and get in on the "kick F1 while it's down" bandwagon.

racer2c
06-22-05, 03:13 PM
What a weak story. She didn't say exactly what he said, only that it mirrored his earlier comments. Was he joking? She doesn't know. Weak reporting.

dando
06-22-05, 05:14 PM
TB, I thought all the English chaps felt this way? ;)

It's one thing to make the statement in the first place, but then to repeat it. It's a good thing for him that the mainstream US press doesn't give a rat's ass about F1.

-Kevin

TrueBrit
06-22-05, 05:21 PM
TB, I thought all the English chaps felt this way? ;)

It's one thing to make the statement in the first place, but then to repeat it. It's a good thing for him that the mainstream US press doesn't give a rat's ass about F1.

-Kevin

Having been beaten about the head and upper body during my formative years by my darling short-arse mummy, I wouldn't DARE say anything remotely resembling Bernards comments... :D

dando
06-22-05, 05:29 PM
Having been beaten about the head and upper body during my formative years by my darling short-arse mummy, I wouldn't DARE say anything remotely resembling Bernards comments... :D
Aye. Unfortunately for me, my mum was/is tall, too, so she had a good reach. ;)

-Kevin

coolhand
06-22-05, 07:25 PM
Bernie could say anything he wants, and he does not care what anyone thinks aobut it

and he just basically is saying that he does not want Danica to have anything to do with F1

Racing Truth
06-22-05, 07:45 PM
Bernie could say anything he wants, and he does not care what anyone thinks aobut it

and he just basically is saying that he does not want Danica to have anything to do with F1

He is?

Did you actually read what that tool said?

coolhand
06-22-05, 08:03 PM
He is?

Did you actually read what that tool said?

OK, tell me what you think he was trying to do by rubbing her the wrong way?

Danica should be offended but she wants to be in F1 so bd she is playing dumb with this whole thing

Insomniac
06-22-05, 08:04 PM
I guess she's now known on a one name basis. Just Danica. I'd actually like to hear him say it. It had to be a joke. I mean to say that, then call her and congratulate her. She didn't even understand it. The press thinks it was sexist, and now she thinks, that was odd. Not at the time. This is going to be Rush Limbaugh/Donovan McNabb all over again.

dando
06-22-05, 08:27 PM
This is going to be Rush Limbaugh/Donovan McNabb all over again.
Really :confused: That was about the NFL. 90% of the US population could give a rat's @ss about F1 (exhibited by the 160K fans @ MIS last weekend). Joe 6-pack, and the stick & ball media give a crap about the NFL.

-Kevin

oddlycalm
06-22-05, 08:37 PM
Bernie's neanderthalic comments Totally out of order. Obviously he's not aware that we are the sole US rightsholders when it comes to slamming female drivers in the US.

oc

Insomniac
06-23-05, 01:02 PM
Really :confused: That was about the NFL. 90% of the US population could give a rat's @ss about F1 (exhibited by the 160K fans @ MIS last weekend). Joe 6-pack, and the stick & ball media give a crap about the NFL.

-Kevin

Okay, I didn't mean in terms of how big the whole "controversy" will get. Just how the media turns nothing into something. Starts as nothing. Media asks about it, still nothing yet. Media asks again and again. By Sunday, she'll be talking about girls thinking they can't race cars because of what Bernie said.

cameraman
06-23-05, 01:10 PM
90% of the US population could give a rat's @ss about F1

Try 99%...

G.
06-23-05, 01:30 PM
OK, tell me what you think he was trying to do by rubbing her the wrong way?
There's a wrong way to rub her? :confused: No wonder she slapped me! :gomer:

Ankf00
06-23-05, 08:25 PM
this has been all the rage on talk radio here for the past few days, all I want is a bloody traffic report and instead I get more danica business.... SHE HAS NEVER WON ANYTHING!!!!! LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! [/vent]

and I still love the jewish muslim black girl speaking spanish line, that just has to be intended instigation :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
06-23-05, 10:40 PM
Bernie's comment was hilarious. Danicle Mania is ******** and he said so. I'm pretty sure she's a mid-packer at best and Bernard has no doubts. I hope he sends her an apron for Christmas. :D

Jervis Tetch 1
06-23-05, 11:49 PM
Rude comments about women aside, Danica doesn't have the tools to run F1 IMHO.

Methanolandbrats
06-23-05, 11:55 PM
Rude comments about women aside, Danica doesn't have the tools to run F1 IMHO. That's the whole point. It was'nt a rude comment on women in general.