PDA

View Full Version : Latest Kirby inside track article

KLang
06-22-05, 09:57 AM
Link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9181)

Several exerpts:

Kalkhoven refused to go into any detail about talks with Honda's Robert Clarke about a potential unification with the IRL. Regardless of Clarke's recent entreaties it appears--as I've written in this space--that unification is extremely unlikely.

"We're continuing our discussions with Honda, but it may not be about unification," Kalkhoven remarked. "It may be about other things."

Hmmmm. New engines for Atlantics?

"We let the owners recognize what we're doing which is to carry on with our strategy. We've got a bunch of good things going and while we're not going to turn this thing around in a few weeks or a year, we're very positive about where things are going. We intend to announce our 2006 schedule in August and the television schedule as well. Obviously, it's very important to get both of these schedules established and announced as soon as possible."

Kalkhoven expects the 2006 schedule will comprise sixteen races. Incremental rather than rapid growth is the plan.

This has slipped a month, hopefully just because of his injury. I think the schedule announcement is extremely important if there is any hope of additional sponsorship for next year.

nrc
06-22-05, 10:01 AM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2004/By400/20041107P_0114.jpg
"Kevin Kalkhoven has the hammer" :laugh:

Racing Truth
06-22-05, 07:48 PM
Seriously, part of me kinda thinks this is Kirby writing what he HOPES the situation is. He's made it pretty clear where he stands on the merge issue.

That said, 2 weeks ago, he says its totally dead. Now, its "unlikely." Subtle difference, yes, but a difference either way.

coolhand
06-22-05, 08:01 PM
Seriously, part of me kinda thinks this is Kirby writing what he HOPES the situation is. He's made it pretty clear where he stands on the merge issue.

That said, 2 weeks ago, he says its totally dead. Now, its "unlikely." Subtle difference, yes, but a difference either way.

I think he is saying what he wants YOU to percieve.

say if it is happening and needs to be kept quiet he will say the talks are dead.

or the otherway around

Racing Truth
06-23-05, 04:33 PM
"We're continuing our discussions with Honda, but it may not be about unification," Kalkhoven remarked. "It may be about other things."

Gee, can you get anymore cryptic than that? It "may" be about other things?

Now,

I think he is saying what he wants YOU to percieve.

say if it is happening and needs to be kept quiet he will say the talks are dead.

or the otherway around

I rarely agree with you, but I've been wondering this too.