PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed something??

DjDrOmusic
06-21-05, 02:51 PM
Everywhere I turn there are people who say that Cleveland is in jeapordy, that this may be the last race. I have friends who work for the city in Cleveland and they have no clue what I'm talking about, they say the race is solid as far as they have heard, and the only thing brought up recently was the mayor wanting to revitalize the lake front, but a track was included in the plan. So if anyone knows anything for sure please tell us, I'm starting to worry that the only stop near me is going to disappear. :confused:

nrc
06-21-05, 03:09 PM
I think you're just hearing echos from years of doom & gloom. They appear to be making progress on turning the event around. If there were problems you would be seeing stories with KK & Co. asking the business community to step up the way they did in Portland.

TravelGal
06-21-05, 03:09 PM
Who on earth have you been talking to?

I wish I had a source or link but I thought I had read a month or so ago that Cleveland had inked a sponsorship arrangement for the next few years.

Anyone know??

Racing Truth
06-21-05, 03:12 PM
Who on earth have you been talking to?

I wish I had a source or link but I thought I had read a month or so ago that Cleveland had inked a sponsorship arrangement for the next few years.

Anyone know??

Ditto this, and what nrc said. UNLESS Mayor Jane and the city council decide to rip up the airport, which is possible. :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
06-21-05, 03:37 PM
The race will go on as long as there is still an airport to run it on, and as long as Champ Car is willing to take a loss on it while they hopefully turn it around. Not too many people aside from the Cleveland PD (who are probably the best media partners that anyone could ask for) seem to care anymore, which is a shame since it is always the highlight of my summer.

I think the source of the D&G comes from the belief that many people have that this event is the easiest in town to get free tickets for.

Napoleon
06-21-05, 03:52 PM
No, you haven't missed anything.