PDA

View Full Version : Portland broadcast

oddlycalm
06-20-05, 02:22 PM
Finally got a chance to watch the broadcast last night and was pleased to see fresh camera angles. The crane cam at turn 4 gave a good view of both the front straight and festival curves as well as turns 4-8. While the director missed the Bourdais - Tracy pass, they did replay it, and aside from that they seem to have managed to catch all of the action. That is huge progress and shows some actual thought being put into this. The commentary remains pedestrian, but at least we got to see the entire race.

Lack of full course yellows also allowed a nice wrapup and the pre-race segment was improved over what they've had before. I was staying interested even though I knew the full results.

oc

eiregosod
06-20-05, 02:45 PM
I was staying interested even though I knew the full results.

oc

Must've been a good race then

oddlycalm
06-20-05, 09:41 PM
PT used the phrase very entertaining, and I don't think I could do any better than that. I've seen plenty of races with more drama, but this was a very successful race weekend, and the broadcast guys mostly got it right for once.

oc

G.
06-21-05, 10:37 AM
Correct on all points, oc. Didn't have the um, drama, of the F1 race, but a very good show. I also noticed the new camera angles. Didn't recognize the place for a moment...

indyfan31
06-21-05, 11:42 AM
Watched it last night finally. I didn't know the outcome so I enjoyed the finish even more. Aside from a few driver name mixups it was good, Benjamin REALLY should know the drivers from the helmet or paint schemes by now.

Other than that, the festival curves redesign worked perfectly I thought. :thumbup:

Gary
06-23-05, 09:50 PM
Sorry to awaken this thread, but I need to find where I can buy a VHS or DVD of the Portland race. I took 7 guests, promising them a copy of the broadcast after we returned home, to complete their understanding of the race they saw. Unfortunately, I was too excited about leaving for the race to program the correct channel into the VCR. Can anyone help?

KLang
06-24-05, 06:44 AM
Sorry to awaken this thread, but I need to find where I can buy a VHS or DVD of the Portland race.

Is there a way to save a copy of the archive from Race Director?