PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai and Cosworth?

Sean O'Gorman
06-20-05, 12:24 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/17709/

:eek:

pchall
06-20-05, 07:45 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/17709/

:eek:

I'm sure that Honda of America is really excited about the marketing possibilities inherent in racing against Hyundai in the US. Just think of the Ohio vs. Alabama rivalry possibilities.

Meanwhile, Tony George is looking forward to handing out the keys to 2006 Azeras to drunken journalists next May and the safety crews are eager to get their hands on Santa Fes.

The :gomer: omers are gonna die! :rofl:

Napoleon
06-20-05, 08:03 AM
Meanwhile, Tony George is looking forward to handing out the keys to 2006 Azeras to drunken journalists next May . . . .

:rofl:

Jag_Warrior
06-20-05, 08:16 AM
Currently, Cosworth has no engine deal for the 2006 Formula One season so keeping the IRL program up and running becomes even more important since there are some 600 employees in England.

What is Minardi running next year? And though it's a rumor (that hinges on what BMW does), what about Williams?

NismoZ
06-20-05, 02:31 PM
Sorry I stepped on this topic, guess I was in the wrong forum, but doesn't Korean money spend as well as anyone else's and if you need it don't you take it? What about the Ilmor thing with Penske? IF that includes a CW engine it won't be an "Ilmor", so I'm guessing Hyundai might want to talk to them, too? If Ilmor makes engines for Mercedes in F-1, couldn't they make "Chryslers" for TG, and Dodges (Toyota) for Roger? I don't know, but this seems to be something worth following. And, yes of course, the loss of F-1 customers would be tough on Cosworth so why wouldn't they replace it with a Korean contract? Like KK has said, it'd be good for business.

Jag_Warrior
06-20-05, 07:49 PM
Sorry I stepped on this topic, guess I was in the wrong forum, but doesn't Korean money spend as well as anyone else's and if you need it don't you take it? What about the Ilmor thing with Penske? IF that includes a CW engine it won't be an "Ilmor", so I'm guessing Hyundai might want to talk to them, too? If Ilmor makes engines for Mercedes in F-1, couldn't they make "Chryslers" for TG, and Dodges (Toyota) for Roger? I don't know, but this seems to be something worth following. And, yes of course, the loss of F-1 customers would be tough on Cosworth so why wouldn't they replace it with a Korean contract? Like KK has said, it'd be good for business.

I agree with you. Hyundai (and Kia) was a joke several years ago. It no longer is. It's a growing force and brand in the U.S. My only problem with this is they're looking at the IRL and not CCWS.

On the Ilmor thing... the branch of the company that makes F1 engines will no longer have any link to the branch that makes racing engines for the IRL. Sure, Chrysler could badge a Penske/Ilmor, but there would be no company connection - sorta like when Audi split Cosworth into the Engineering/Castings and Racing divisions.

Ankf00
06-20-05, 08:54 PM
I'm sure that Honda of America is really excited about the marketing possibilities inherent in racing against Hyundai in the US. Just think of the Ohio vs. Alabama rivalry possibilities.

Meanwhile, Tony George is looking forward to handing out the keys to 2006 Azeras to drunken journalists next May and the safety crews are eager to get their hands on Santa Fes.

The :gomer: omers are gonna die! :rofl:

Ohio vs. Alabama, sounds like a battle of equals. :gomer:

*ducks*

Hyundai vs. Ilmor, greatness!