PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the Speed Broadcast Team

L1P1
06-19-05, 10:51 PM
They weren't holding back. It was the only good thing about the broadcast.

dando
06-19-05, 10:56 PM
They spared no blame either.

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-19-05, 10:57 PM
I agree...... with one small point to disagree about.

I honestly believe, as a fan, that everyone should have walked out of IMS when the cars came in. Many did, but many stayed.

Machett was congratulating the fans who stayed. I would have asked them to leave.

Bob Varsha gets the biggest :thumbup: for his comments where he told people to stop throwing garbage on the track. When he started his comments with "I want to speak to the fans now. If you're listening on a scanner or you know someone at the track with a celtel, call them and tell them not to throw garbage on the track. There are still 6 drivers risking their lives for this race, and they should not have to face something like that."

I know its not verbatim, and someone who has PVRs or DVRs can quote him for me. That is why Bob is one of the best in the business.

racer2c
06-19-05, 11:01 PM
The FIA is fortunate that this happened in the US where F1 interest is low, had it been Brazil or Monza, the fan out cry would have been much worse IMO. I'm not saying they would have jeopardized the racers on the track, but I believe their protest would have been more pronounced.

Lizzerd
06-19-05, 11:58 PM
I stayed. I don't know why, but I did. I didn't actually see many people leaving, either. Everybody was peed off, though.

I had the SPEED guys on the scanner. I ditto the kudos. They did a great job considering the fiasco that that they had to deal with.

Rogue Leader
06-20-05, 12:22 AM
If this happened in Bahrain noone would even remember it next week, but it happened in possibly the WORST place for them to screw the pooch.

That said, in Brazil or Italy I could see a major riot happening....

mexican
06-20-05, 12:26 AM
I did expect more ruccus from the angry fans after the race

but it looked to me like most of them just said: "hey, ah paid my doller & now ahm gonna see this"

I would've walked out, lap 2

Jervis Tetch 1
06-20-05, 12:40 AM
I might watch the replay just to listen to those guys.