PDA

View Full Version : Indy F-1 Tickets Good For Cleveland

NismoZ
06-19-05, 10:46 PM
:eek: Is that right? Cristiano just announced tickets from Indy would be honored at Cleveland and they laughed, but it didn't sound like he was kidding! Would ChampCar do something like that? Is it even a good idea? What if the place is overrun!!? I may have to go again this year. :D Interesting idea, even if it was a joke. Wouldn't be the first time a business tries to build off the misfortune of another.

DaveL
06-19-05, 10:53 PM
It's true and a master stroke of PR on the part of ChampCar even if one person takes them up on the offer :thumbup:

The Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland Presented by U.S. Bank to Honor Tickets From the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix

Indianapolis (June 19, 2005) -- The Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford has always been a series about its fans, and in support of the international open-wheel racing community, the organizers of the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland Presented by U.S. Bank and Champ Car officials have announced that tickets for Sunday's Formula 1 United States Grand Prix will be honored on June 26.

Open-wheel racing fans will be able to see the 750-horsepower Champ Car's battle on the temporary circuit constructed in Downtown Cleveland at Burke Lakefront Airport as the headliners of a full day of racing. Joining the Champ Cars will be the Toyota Atlantic Championship Presented by Yokohama, the Speed World Challenge GT cars and the Formula Ford 2000 series.

Details will follow on www.grandprixofcleveland.com and www.champcar.ws explaining how fans can redeem their F1 USGP tickets for race-day seats at the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland Presented by U.S. Bank.

Fans who are unable to benefit from this unique opportunity, the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland Presented by U.S. Bank will be broadcast live on CBS Sports on June 26 at 1:30 pm ET.

Sean O'Gorman
06-19-05, 10:54 PM
Definite good move. Already have one friend who was at the race today that'll be doing the exchange. :thumbup:

devilmaster
06-19-05, 11:01 PM
Niz - can you or one of the mods fix the title of this thread? Take the question mark out. It has been proven and i believe it needs to be pushed hard to get the word out there.

For the members here, if you know of how to get this info widely distributed, please do it. Email your local paper's sports editor. Let's get the word out. Lets make some good out of this.

Turn7
06-19-05, 11:07 PM
"What if the place is overrun!"

They will erect another grandstand. It will be called the "Bridgestone Grandstand".

NismoZ
06-19-05, 11:25 PM
:cool: , ditch the question mark...AND, anyone from the GP who CAN'T go to Cleveland...could you send me a couple of tickies? :) I gotta see this!

NismoZ
06-19-05, 11:29 PM
PS-I'm running Bridgestones and I'll even wear their HAT! Can't somebody come up with some kind of a tire related outfit for a "Bridgestone Boy"...or "Babe"? :)

RaceGrrl
06-19-05, 11:33 PM
Fixed your title.

Dr. Corkski
06-20-05, 12:07 AM
I thought the fans wanted to see the Michelins, not more Bridgestones! :laugh:

nrc
06-20-05, 02:46 AM
I just hope none of the teams have problems with missing tires. Bridgestone might have to hold a team out of practice and the F1 fans might decide that the whole thing is bush league. :p

cart7
06-20-05, 05:22 AM
"What if the place is overrun!"

They will erect another grandstand. It will be called the "Bridgestone Grandstand".

Or the FTG & B grandstand. :D

nrc
06-21-05, 11:01 AM
This release finally showed up on the Champ car site, but still no details. It will be interesting to see how they handle it. Maybe pick them up at a Bridgestone dealer? :D

KLang
06-21-05, 01:05 PM
Details (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9180)

To exchange tickets from the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix for a complimentary one-day reserved grandstand ticket to the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland presented by U.S. Bank, fans can either present their original ticket stub on Sunday, June 26 at the Gate A ticket booth located off of North Marginal Road at Burke Lakefront Airport , or fax a copy of their ticket stub along with their name and address to 216-479-6451. Fax orders will be accepted through Thursday, June 23 and all such ticket orders will be available for pick-up from the main Gate A ticket booth on Sunday starting at 7:00 am ET. Fans who fax their orders in advance MUST present an original ticket stub to receive their complimentary ticket.

Good PR work by Champ Car but I wonder how many people will actually do it.

Sean O'Gorman
06-21-05, 01:21 PM
My guess is that the primary target for this is Cleveland-area F1 fans, or at least anyone who could do the GP in a one-day drive.

lone_groover
06-21-05, 01:23 PM
My guess is that the primary target for this is Cleveland-area F1 fans, or at least anyone who could do the GP in a one-day drive.

Good guess.

:gomer:

devilmaster
06-21-05, 01:33 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9180

The Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland Presented by U.S. Bank to Honor Tickets From the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix

To exchange tickets from the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix for a complimentary one-day reserved grandstand ticket to the Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland presented by U.S. Bank, fans can either present their original ticket stub on Sunday, June 26 at the Gate A ticket booth located off of North Marginal Road at Burke Lakefront Airport , or fax a copy of their ticket stub along with their name and address to 216-479-6451. Fax orders will be accepted through Thursday, June 23 and all such ticket orders will be available for pick-up from the main Gate A ticket booth on Sunday starting at 7:00 am ET. Fans who fax their orders in advance MUST present an original ticket stub to receive their complimentary ticket.

TravelGal
06-21-05, 03:20 PM
Niz - can you or one of the mods fix the title of this thread? Take the question mark out. It has been proven and i believe it needs to be pushed hard to get the word out there.

For the members here, if you know of how to get this info widely distributed, please do it. Email your local paper's sports editor. Let's get the word out. Lets make some good out of this.

Good idea. And while I'm at it, I'll suggest to the morons at the LA Times that they not list SPIKE as the channel that is broadcasting the race the way they did last weekend. :shakehead

L1P1
06-21-05, 06:20 PM
It looks like you need to give them your F1 ticket stub. So, conceivably, OWRS could turn these in to IMS for refunds.

NismoZ
06-21-05, 08:13 PM
Priceless! :D

lone_groover
06-21-05, 10:03 PM
It looks like you need to give them your F1 ticket stub. So, conceivably, OWRS could turn these in to IMS for refunds.

YUK²

:thumbup: :D

Rus'L
06-21-05, 10:13 PM

NOT TRUE.

The press release specifically says you can keep your stub. You just have to SHOW it when you pick up your ticket.

NismoZ
06-21-05, 10:47 PM
As it SHOULD be, I suppose. :rolleyes:

KLang
06-22-05, 02:49 PM
There is a new poster over at the ChampCar forums that says he is going to take them up on the offer and attend his first ChampCar race. Gotta start somewhere. :thumbup: