PDA

View Full Version : Not overlooking Long Beach at Woo Doggies, but...

Warlock!
03-07-03, 03:47 PM
... I was told to ask if there may be any interest in a ChampCar get together for another race viewing party on Sat., May 10th for us mid-westerners... it's the tape delay of the Brands Hatch race on CBS @ 1 p.m. The Germany race airs the next day (mother's day though). Evidently some of the people with Mid Ohio and ChampCar are curious if we want a rally when the 'month of May circus' is going on over at Tony's track.

If there is significant interest, I'm told the event could be big... REALLY BIG... if there's enough interest they may make a big promo out of it including show cars, giveaways, etc., not just something a bunch of amatuer organizers like us could pull off (no offense, DjDoc). If you think you might show up for this, give a little shout in this thread.

There's potential here...:cool: :thumbup:

RaceChic
03-07-03, 05:00 PM
Okay. Curious as to what this would entail.
ChampCar and Mid-Ohio want the forums, OffCamber, to have a "Rally" to support CART? Is this the idea?:confused:
Did this come up because they know what we do in Columbus???
If that's the idea, we're getting recognition for our loyal passion for the CART series, and it would promote CART as a whole, count me in!!!!!!:thumbup: :p :thumbup:

mello
03-07-03, 05:08 PM
Yep I think Flywheel and I would be there. Especially if it is near Columbus.

DjDrOmusic
03-07-03, 05:13 PM
I am definitely willing to do whatever to promote my chosen sport. Do they need a crazy MC with wild blonde hair and a penchant for infuriating NASCAR types???:D

Warlock!
03-07-03, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
ChampCar and Mid-Ohio want the forums, OffCamber, to have a "Rally" to support CART? Is this the idea?
ChampCar and Mid Ohio want to throw a party for the Brands Hatch/Germany race, if there's enough interest, and yes, I think our race parties piqued their curiousity about putting it together. There's really nothing going on that weekend, save for some qualifications at some old brick racetrack in Gomerville.

By the way, those of you who cross-post to 7th Gear, you might wanna also mention it over there. The more the merrier, right? ;)

Winter Warlock!

RaceChic
03-07-03, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
By the way, those of you who cross-post to 7th Gear, you might wanna also mention it over there. The more the merrier, right? ;)

Winter Warlock!

I will, doing it right now!!!!!:p

Done!!!!

CART Rally!!! (http://www.7thgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000655)

Hope it's okay..............:gomer:

I put it here also.....CART Rally!!! (http://www.7thgear.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=015186#000000)

RaceGrrl
03-07-03, 05:48 PM
You know I'm in. :)

Lizzerd
03-07-03, 06:38 PM
He11 yeah, count me in! Where is this shindig gonna be happenin' at?

Guaranteed no snow that weekend, Cam.

RaceChic
03-07-03, 06:44 PM
How about at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course itself...........
Wouldn't that be cool????!!!!!!
Warlock seems to be full of surprises anyway....:rolleyes:

Hardpoint
03-08-03, 12:01 AM
absolutely, positively, No way, forget it!!!!!

On second thought.....okay.

Theres gonna be beer, right?

Warlock!
03-08-03, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by GoBucks
Theres gonna be beer, right?
I don't think I've watched a race car, live or on TV, without a beer in my hand since I was 15... so I would sure as Hell hope so!!!

Winter Warlock!

JT265
03-08-03, 12:25 PM
I don't think I've watched a race car, live or on TV, without a beer in my hand since I was 15... so I would sure as Hell hope so!!!

Winter Warlock!

Hmmm, do ya suppose this is why I'm without a hard card this year?

They take a dim view of strolling pit lane with a beer in your hand. :p

RaceChic
03-08-03, 06:36 PM
Well, I'm very sad to say that there have been no responses to my post about this at 7th Gear.:shakehead
Aren't we ALL supposed to be CART fans? This is a perfect opportunity to come together and show our unity, enthusiasm and passion for CART.
Oh Well...........:confused:

IceKub
03-08-03, 09:03 PM
I'm definitely in too! If the location is still in question, might I suggest that it be in the luxury boxes at Mid-Ohio. Warlock, you have watched the race from there. Tell me that would not be the perfect place to have our protest. Otherwise, I'm still in, no matter where it is.

PS: I also vote for beer.

flobee1kenobi
03-10-03, 08:10 PM
Did I hear somebody say beer???!!!:p

Napoleon
03-18-03, 08:23 AM
There is a pretty good chance I would go.

Warlock!
04-07-03, 12:34 PM
Just got the "official" word... No super-duper get together happ'nin' for Brands & Germany. Not quite enuf response to warrant ChampCar spending more of their money on a party for a few folks. As was noted in the LBGP thread, it seems like most people are saving their time and cash for attending the races themselves.

I'll mention to my bud that it would be pretty cool to have a season-ending blowout, though! :cool: :thumbup:

Warlock!

RaceChic
04-07-03, 01:26 PM
I'll mention to my bud that it would be pretty cool to have a season-ending blowout, though! :cool: :thumbup:

Warlock!

Now there's a good idea.............

We had quite a great start of the season party that would have been a lot bigger had it not been for an untimely snowstorm. We celebrated hard as we were under a lot of strain for quite some time as to whether or not CART would be around in 2003. Then it was. And we celebrated.....

What better thing than a blow out to celebrate a very successful year that marked the turning point in CART's bright, new future?:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ahhhhhhhhh, the possibilities, Warlock...........:gomer: :eek: