PDA

View Full Version : Press Release Central on the USGP.

devilmaster
06-19-05, 06:15 PM
Michelin

http://www.formula1.com/race/news/3202/740.html

The 7 Michelin shod Teams - Joint Press Release

http://www.formula1.com/race/news/3201/740.html

Indianapolis Motor Speedway

http://www.usgpindy.com/news/story.php?story_id=4898

FIA

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2005/June/190605-01.html

dando
06-19-05, 06:41 PM
Indianapolis Motor Speedway

http://www.usgpindy.com/news/story.php?story_id=4898

And how about the address for IMS?!? :laugh: :rolleyes:

-Kevin

Cam
06-19-05, 07:08 PM
FIA

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2005/June/190605-01.html

I only want to read the FIA press release if it includes the words "We hereby hand to the world, Max Mosleys head on a platter" :shakehead

indyfan31
06-19-05, 08:26 PM
And how about the address for IMS?!? :laugh: :rolleyes:

-Kevin
As much as I hate Tony George, and other than the IMS reps hiding in a utility closet at the end of the race, what did IMS do wrong?

dando
06-19-05, 08:31 PM
As much as I hate Tony George, and other than the IMS reps hiding in a utility closet at the end of the race, what did IMS do wrong?
See previous posts in other threads about the race track paving and grinding. The broadcast crew for one was highly critical of the track condition. Secondly, they will be fielding the inquiries about refunds, and probably a number of lawsuits that will be filed.

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
06-19-05, 09:37 PM

Dude, its always Tony George's fault. :D

cart7
06-19-05, 09:44 PM

Nothing really. They did offer to put together a tire chicane.

His asphalt crew he hired to repave the track earlier this year f'd up and that forced the diamond grinding.

Other than that, I've heard nothing from F1 about any concerns they have towards the condition of the track. Oh, and David Hobbs said during the race

"that turn has been there since 1909, you'd think a company like Michelin could've designed a tyre to go through it for a whole race." :laugh:

FanofMario
06-19-05, 10:16 PM
As much as I hate FTG, I have to say that IMS did nothing improper in this debacle. Michelin droped the ****ing ball plain and simple. Add the egos of Max & Bernie and you have a major problem IMO. I can't understand why a compromise of some sort was not made.
Without a doubt today's crowd was the best since the race began 6 years ago. There is no way that will happen again, and that is sad for the sport IMO. :shakehead

Methanolandbrats
06-19-05, 10:30 PM
As much as I hate FTG, I have to say that IMS did nothing improper in this debacle. Michelin droped the ****ing ball plain and simple. Add the egos of Max & Bernie and you have a major problem IMO. I can't understand why a compromise of some sort was not made.
Without a doubt today's crowd was the best since the race began 6 years ago. There is no way that will happen again, and that is sad for the sport IMO. :shakehead Cool! Maybe I can get a good block of seats in turn 1 on the street next year. :) Peter Windsor made some good points on Windbag. Seems none of the Michelin Teams showed up for a tire test at Indy. Only two drivers went..........hmmmm.........maybe the blame should be shared between the teams and Michelin for not forcing them to attend.

indyfan31
06-20-05, 11:22 AM
Damn! I forgot that part. Won't happen again.

racer2c
06-20-05, 11:30 AM
Maybe Michelin will learn how to make a tire for Indy.

JoeBob
06-20-05, 11:47 AM
IMS got the shaft, but as promoters, they need to take care of the fans who bought tickets from them. They should issue refunds, and then go to Bernie, Michelin, the teams, and everyone else and demand money from them.

Telling the folks who bought tickets from them to take it up with Michelin is bull.

FRANKY
06-20-05, 11:59 AM
Telling the folks who bought tickets from them to take it up with Michelin is bull.

I think putting pressure on Michelin is the right thing to do. They are the root of the problem.

Spicoli
06-20-05, 12:03 PM
Bottom line, as I understand it, is I buy a ticket from IMS, they have entered into an agreement with me to provide a race. Did they?

devilmaster
06-20-05, 12:09 PM
Bottom line, as I understand it, is I buy a ticket from IMS, they have entered into an agreement with me to provide a race. Did they?

Agreed. Hey Spic, IMS today opens up the road course to people and their cars , if they renew their tickets for next year. You gonna go down and check that out for the group? Give us a scoop of how many people use it? ;)

Sean O'Gorman
06-20-05, 12:18 PM

Yes they did. When was the last time Schumacher tried to wreck Barrichello in a test session? :laugh:

Besides, it certainly was no worse than some of the Indy 500s over the past decade.

Spicoli
06-20-05, 12:32 PM
Agreed. Hey Spic, IMS today opens up the road course to people and their cars , if they renew their tickets for next year. You gonna go down and check that out for the group? Give us a scoop of how many people use it? ;)

I'm surrounded by lawyers all day today. :eek: But in a good way. Having several conversations throughout the office and building (we're 99% lawyers on 35 floors) and everyone seems to think TG's got his bases covered. FIA makes this a pretty complex issue. You paid for a race - and you got one. Legally, where does the blame lie? Where is the "omission", where is the "Fault"?

We, the educated race fans who waste hours on "the boards", know where the fault lies: Michelin was unprepared. There were solutions offered, and evidently none of it was "good enough" to ensure a proper race. Bottom line is BE & MaxiPad could havew fixed stuff, but they didn't. :shakehead

I really, really feel sorry for everyone involved but the FIA and the above mentioned asswipes.

DjDrOmusic
06-20-05, 08:53 PM

Not according to the team over at TF, it's always CART's fault!! I wonder how they'll spin this, let's see left over carbon fiber from 1985 that was overlooked on the track???
;) :D

RTKar
06-20-05, 10:42 PM

When is the "event" considered a race by FIA rules?...how many cars take the green flag?, if all possible points are awarded?..only 6 positions were awarded points. There was intent to run a "race" but not award points apparently...would that have constituted an F1 race?

I think I 'd be combing the FIA rule book for what by their definition constitutes a race and the agreement between Bernie and tg as to what Bernie was obligated to provide.

I do recall ARROWS running the formation lap and pulling off several years ago for them to have been considered as running the race...???

My guess is there will be no refunds, they'll end up doing something like free admission on Friday and/or Saturday next year.

Methanolandbrats
06-20-05, 10:48 PM
I think if cars take a green flag, drive around for a while and then there is a checkered flag, that is a race. If it was a good race or not is a point of debate. Given that, anyone who demands a refund is a retard.

FRANKY
06-20-05, 10:50 PM
I think if cars take a green flag, drive around for a while and then there is a checkered flag, that is a race. If it was a good race or not is a point of debate. Given that, anyone who demands a refund is a retard.

I thought they stated it was a race after two full laps, which was why the drivers sat in their cars until the first two laps were complete.

RTKar
06-20-05, 11:08 PM

"if CARS"....is there a minimum number by contract to LEGALLY constitute an F1 race? By FIA rules?, by the contract between tg and Bernie? (Would it have LEGALLY been a race had only Ferrari run...yes there would have been two cars but not two teams a significant portion of an F1 Championship race is the team & MFG championship)....geez...

Methanolandbrats
06-20-05, 11:23 PM
"if CARS"....is there a minimum number by contract to LEGALLY constitute an F1 race? By FIA rules?, by the contract between tg and Bernie? (Would it have LEGALLY been a race had only Ferrari run...yes there would have been two cars but not two teams a significant portion of an F1 Championship race is the team & MFG championship)....geez...I don't know, but the idea of some dood going to the local yellow pages, calling a lawyer and saying "I want to sue IMS, Michelin and the FIA to get my money back" is insane.

Ed_Severson
06-20-05, 11:28 PM
I'm demanding a refund, and I can't see any reason why I shouldn't. I was not provided with the product I paid for.

RTKar
06-20-05, 11:30 PM
I don't know, but the idea of some dood going to the local yellow pages, calling a lawyer and saying "I want to sue IMS, Michelin and the FIA to get my money back" is insane.

I agree. I was there, in a way it's a historic race. No, I didn't see a race, it was a glorified test day. I heard on my scanner that only 4 cars were going to start moments before the race started, so six was bonus. I was pissed Minardi couldn't manange a podium in a 6 car race. Sure I feel cheated but I don't expect a refund. I actually felt more betrayed by Ferrari's antics a few years back.

Methanolandbrats
06-20-05, 11:37 PM
I agree. I was there, in a way it's a historic race. No, I didn't see a race, it was a glorified test day. I heard on my scanner that only 4 cars were going to start moments before the race started, so six was bonus. I was pissed Minardi couldn't manange a podium in a 6 car race. Sure I feel cheated but I don't expect a refund. I actually felt more betrayed by Ferrari's antics a few years back.I could'nt make it this year, but I actually wish I had to witness history. I was glued to the TV. It was one of those events where you expect to see one thing, but it gets surreal..........sorta like witnessing Kennedy's head or the space shuttle exploding. That sort of thing.

RusH
06-20-05, 11:46 PM
I could'nt make it this year, but I actually wish I had to witness history. I was glued to the TV. It was one of those events where you expect to see one thing, but it gets surreal..........sorta like witnessing Kennedy's head or the space shuttle exploding. That sort of thing.

You forgot the 9/11 of F1

racer2c
06-20-05, 11:47 PM
To travel 1000 miles expecting to see a full car count and getting six cars would have infuriated me. I've gotten refunds at concerts when the singer is too drunk to sing. I've gotten refunds at hotels when the plumbing doesn't work. I've gotten refunds at restaurants when the waiter can't hold it together. I got a refund when I went to an amusement park and the rides were closed because of an accident. But going to an F1 race, the pinnacle of motorsports and missing out on 1/3 of the event and not getting a refund is ludicrous.
The tracks have contracts for car counts, but the fans have to pay and shut up.
Kudos for Champ Car to honor the tickets.

racer2c
06-20-05, 11:48 PM
I could'nt make it this year, but I actually wish I had to witness history. I was glued to the TV. It was one of those events where you expect to see one thing, but it gets surreal..........sorta like witnessing Kennedy's head or the space shuttle exploding. That sort of thing.

That's a bit of a stretch IMO.

Ed_Severson
06-20-05, 11:51 PM
I have a feeling that the people who are calling the Speedway and asking for their money back will get it, at least in part.

I don't see much point in anyone suing the FIA or Michelin. Nobody in the stands purchased a product from them on Sunday. We were customers of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and the product we purchased was not provided.

We should be getting our money back. How the Speedway gets their money from the FIA is neither any of my business or any of my concern, but it doesn't make any sense for fans to go any further than IMS to get their money back.

racer2c
06-20-05, 11:54 PM
I have a feeling that the people who are calling the Speedway and asking for their money back will get it, at least in part.

I don't see much point in anyone suing the FIA or Michelin. Nobody in the stands purchased a product from them on Sunday. We were customers of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and the product we purchased was not provided.

We should be getting our money back. How the Speedway gets their money from the FIA is neither any of my business or any of my concern, but it doesn't make any sense for fans to go any further than IMS to get their money back.

Of course. You get your money back from the place that tendered services, in this case IMS sold the tickets, IMS refunds the money.

RusH
06-21-05, 12:04 AM
The tracks have contracts for car counts, but the fans have to pay and shut up.

Is that why they formed the grid in deceit?
What legalities did that have? :shakehead

Racing Truth
06-21-05, 02:42 PM
I'm demanding a refund, and I can't see any reason why I shouldn't. I was not provided with the product I paid for.

On the spirit of this, you're absolutely right, but legally, its a bit thin. It could be argued in court that a massive wreck at the start (could happen, in theory) would constitute a product that you "would not have paid for." Now, I know the difference (still happened in compettition), but in court, it might not hold up.

:blog: Just heard on Jim Rome: "Congratulations to the French on their greatest surrender... THIS MONTH! :laugh: :blog:

cameraman
06-21-05, 02:54 PM
They ran an official race and awarded points in the championship.

The race may have sucked egregiously but it was still an official race.
There is no guarantee of a good race.

Spectator lawsuits will lose.

coolhand
06-21-05, 02:58 PM

noone died at this debacle. And i dont think it will have that big of an impact on our lives

racer2c
06-21-05, 03:01 PM

And because of that those spectators won't buy tickets for next year. TG and F1 lose.

coolhand
06-21-05, 03:08 PM

i would agree but the one crux is that they could claim since Goodyear and firestone had the same problems that IMS ignored the fact that Mich. might of had similar problems. Its more complicated then that and i am not a lawyer

G.
06-21-05, 03:32 PM
noone died at this debacle. And i dont think it will have that big of an impact on our livesI dunno. Rumour has it that Rumsfeld is beating the war drum to invade France. It's for the children.

:gomer:

coolhand
06-21-05, 03:49 PM
I dunno. Rumour has it that Rumsfeld is beating the war drum to invade France. It's for the children.

:confused:

(on a side note, We dont need to invade france, they are going downhill on thier own) :rofl:

Racing Truth
06-21-05, 05:24 PM
I dunno. Rumour has it that Rumsfeld is beating the war drum to invade France. It's for the children.

:thumbup: :laugh: :laugh:

trish
06-21-05, 07:58 PM
Statement to Fans (http://www.netdisaster.com/go.php?mode=cow&url=http://www.usgpindy.com/)

You'll also have to click on the link at the bottom of the page to get the complete article.

Don't thank me. It was my pleasure. :)

dando
06-21-05, 08:06 PM
Statement to Fans (http://www.netdisaster.com/go.php?mode=cow&url=http://www.usgpindy.com/)

You'll also have to click on the link at the bottom of the page to get the complete article.

Don't thank me. It was my pleasure. :)
:rofl: LOL! :thumbup:

-Kevin