dando
06-19-05, 06:11 PM
well, say goodbye to formula1.

:shakehead
And a whole lotta ca$h once the ambulance chasers get done w/him. :gomer:

-Kevin

Paintergeek
06-19-05, 06:21 PM
missed ya last night. I was there, but you were 'out'.......... ;)

Spicoli
06-19-05, 06:23 PM
And a whole lotta ca$h once the abulance chasers get done w/him. :gomer:

-Kevin

well, he's managed to **** up every race he's gotten his hands on.

greenie
06-19-05, 06:25 PM
At least we didn't have to see weathered Mari on the podium.

What a skank.

fourrunner
06-19-05, 06:25 PM
In the Tony George "Bizzaro World" these disasters just show how successful he is at Failing!!! ;)

Spicoli
06-19-05, 06:41 PM
In the Tony George "Bizzaro World" these disasters just show how successful he is at Failing!!! ;)

dolan banned me.

you wanna be next? :rolleyes:

dando
06-19-05, 06:45 PM
well, he's managed to **** up every race he's gotten his hands on.
There's something he's good @ then! A+++ :thumbup: :thumbup: :gomer:

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-19-05, 06:45 PM
There's something he's good @ then! A+++ :thumbup: :thumbup: :gomer:

-Kevin

He is consistent..... :thumbup:

Ankf00
06-19-05, 06:51 PM
want to find a way to sink airbus? find a way to get TG onto the board :gomer:

dando
06-19-05, 06:54 PM
want to find a way to sink airbus?

They seem to be doing a fine job of that on their own. :gomer:

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-19-05, 06:55 PM
They seem to be doing a fine job of that on their own. :gomer:

-Kevin

As i was looking for Press releases..... Michelin will shod the new A380s. :gomer:

dando
06-19-05, 06:58 PM
As i was looking for Press releases..... Michelin will shod the new A380s. :gomer:
How fitting...didn't happen to be M's on the Concorde that went down? :(

-Kevin

nrc
06-19-05, 06:58 PM
I hope those of you who are still giving Tony your money will now consider spending it elsewhere.

greenie
06-19-05, 07:09 PM
I hope those of you who are still giving Tony your money will now consider spending it elsewhere.

Nice. :cool:

Spicoli
06-19-05, 07:15 PM

I rock on the taxpayers dime.

doesn't mean i can't bitch about it.

nrc
06-19-05, 07:37 PM
I rock on the taxpayers dime.
That's impossible. The infallible oracle of Track Forum has declared that Tony never gets taxpayer money.

cart7
06-19-05, 08:06 PM
Don't wanna interrupt the TG hatefest but it sounds like ftg was more than willing to put up a tire chicane to end this tom-foolery the teams and FIA tossed out there today. I'm not gonna blame TG when a bigger, easier and much more obvious target, Formula 1, is there to put the finger on.

Sad and pathetic day in racing. This should pretty much make F1 as easy to sell in this country as parka's in the sahara. :shakehead

dando
06-19-05, 08:12 PM
Don't wanna interrupt the TG hatefest but it sounds like ftg was more than willing to put up a tire chicane to end this tom-foolery the teams and FIA tossed out there today. I'm not gonna blame TG when a bigger, easier and much more obvious target, Formula 1, is there to put the finger on.

Sad and pathetic day in racing. This should pretty much make F1 as easy to sell in this country as parka's in the sahara. :shakehead
FTG's part in this abortion was the paving and grinding that caused the wear issues and failures. I can't wait 'til NASCAB races there, considering the tires fiascos they've had this season, including today @ MIS. :shakehead

-Kevin

JohnnyQ
06-19-05, 08:18 PM
FTG's part in this abortion was the paving and grinding that caused the wear issues and failures. I can't wait 'til NASCAB races there, considering the tires fiascos they've had this season, including today @ MIS. :shakehead

-Kevin

I heard Goodyear is planning on running studded snows when NASCAR hits the bricks.

JohnnyQ
06-19-05, 08:20 PM
At least we didn't have to see weathered Mari on the podium.

What a skank.

:D

JT265
06-19-05, 08:49 PM
tony george rocks

Huh. I thought you'd maybe scored a bag and a pipe from the boy hisownself.

Deceiving thread title.

cart7
06-19-05, 08:49 PM

-Kevin

Somehow, a whole bunch of cars made it around all 4 corners of that track for 200 laps last month without tires blowing up all over the place. Then again, those cars were running tires made by a subsidiary of Bridgestone. Yes, TG reground the track, it's Michelins responsibility to stay abreast of changes made at racing circuits their F1 teams run on. They failed. FIA failed to come up with a resolve to this problem.

eiregosod
06-19-05, 08:51 PM
want to find a way to sink airbus? find a way to get TG onto the board :gomer:

guess which airline placed an order for some Airbuses?

;)

[b;og]not really interested with the aviation equivalent of the PC v Mac pissing match[/blog]

dando
06-19-05, 09:04 PM
Somehow, a whole bunch of cars made it around all 4 corners of that track for 200 laps last month without tires blowing up all over the place. Then again, those cars were running tires made by a subsidiary of Bridgestone. Yes, TG reground the track, it's Michelins responsibility to stay abreast of changes made at racing circuits their F1 teams run on. They failed. FIA failed to come up with a resolve to this problem.
Apples and oranges...turning left all day on oval presents requires a totally different type of tire. Secondly, these are grooved tires, transitioning from a fairly flat surface to a banked surface @ high speeds. Lastly, why do you think three separate tire tests were cancelled @ IMS? Considering the lengthy rants the broadcast crew had today on the subject, you're in the minority on this subject.

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-19-05, 09:31 PM
guess which airline placed an order for some Airbuses?

;)

[b;og]not really interested with the aviation equivalent of the PC v Mac pissing match[/blog]

you mean I'm gonna have juicy industry updates from the Airshow in my inbox come Monday morning? :)

cart7
06-19-05, 09:34 PM
Apples and oranges...turning left all day on oval presents requires a totally different type of tire. Secondly, these are grooved tires, transitioning from a fairly flat surface to a banked surface @ high speeds. Lastly, why do you think three separate tire tests were cancelled @ IMS? Considering the lengthy rants the broadcast crew had today on the subject, you're in the minority on this subject.

-Kevin

Peter Windsor just got done saying on Wind Tunnel that Michelin only did testing at IMS with Massa and Davidson. That they didn't spend enough time at Indy and too much testing at Silverstone.

If the reground surface was an issue for the FIA, why wasn't IMS warned that it was unsuitable for F1 to run there?

It's Michelin's responsibility to develop a tire that can transition between the flat surface and the 6 degree banking of that turn.

As Hobbs said today, that turn has been there since 1909, you'd think Michelin could've developed a tyre that could make it through there for an entire race.

Michelin failed the teams and fans by not coming equipped to play on raceday.
FIA failed to come to a solution of some kind that provided a race.

eiregosod
06-19-05, 09:38 PM
you mean I'm gonna have juicy industry updates from the Airshow in my inbox come Monday morning? :)

its a startup low cost airline from India ;)

eiregosod
06-19-05, 09:48 PM

just shows how one spanner can ruin everything in f1. the spanner being shoddy michelin tyres.

things dont look well for F1, if they cant provide races for the fans

dando
06-19-05, 10:06 PM
Peter Windsor just got done saying on Wind Tunnel that Michelin only did testing at IMS with Massa and Davidson. That they didn't spend enough time at Indy and too much testing at Silverstone.

If the reground surface was an issue for the FIA, why wasn't IMS warned that it was unsuitable for F1 to run there?

It's Michelin's responsibility to develop a tire that can transition between the flat surface and the 6 degree banking of that turn.

As Hobbs said today, that turn has been there since 1909, you'd think Michelin could've developed a tyre that could make it through there for an entire race.

Obviously something changed between last year and this year besides the tire rules, and part of that was the track. Obviously they didn't test enough, and to have Massa and Davidson as the only testers is irresponsible to say the least. I'm not pointing the finger solely @ FTG and crew. However, the IMS bunch are culpable in this fiasco. Clearly there were issues prior to this weekend, and there still are as far as NASCAB is concerned (they have yet to test @ IMS). Goodyear will have its hand full once that happens, and clearly they already have issues.

And as much as you like to point out what Hobbs said about M figuring out the banking on the track (a good sound bite, but meaningless considering the changes to the track over the years), you should go back and listen to DD's take on the issues with the track surface. There is plenty of blame to go around on this **** up.

-Kevin

cart7
06-19-05, 10:16 PM
Obviously something changed between last year and this year besides the tire rules, and part of that was the track. Obviously they didn't test enough, and to have Massa and Davidson as the only testers is irresponsible to say the least. I'm not pointing the finger solely @ FTG and crew. However, the IMS bunch are culpable in this fiasco. Clearly there were issues prior to this weekend, and there still are as far as NASCAB is concerned (they have yet to test @ IMS). Goodyear will have its hand full once that happens, and clearly they already have issues.

And as much as you like to point out what Hobbs said about M figuring out the track, you should go back and listen to DD's take on the issues with the track surface. There is plenty of blame to go around on this **** up.

-Kevin

I'm not arguing about blame and to where it should go, but to specifically point out ftg is missing the real mark in this. As I understand, the repaving was completely botched. The track was ground at least once to make up for initial tire tests that went badly. After the track was ground, apparently Indy teams relayed some of their data to parent Bridgestone. Michelin obviously didn't stay apprised as to what was going on at the speedway or just didn't take it that seriously because they only sent Massa and Davidson. Either way, they were caught with they're pants down.

trish
06-19-05, 10:18 PM
It sounded like IMS was more than willing to create a chicane if the track was thought to be unsafe. I don't see how they can take any of the blame.

Turn7
06-19-05, 10:27 PM
I don't see how they can take any of the blame.

Did they offer the fan their money back? No.
Did they stick around to hand out trophies? No and the reason why was obvious.

In the end, IMS is the promoter and is responsible for presenting the advertised race. They sold a F1 race and what they presented to the crowd was a glorified Bridgstone tire testing session.

They are at fault for not delivering what they said they would. They sold the tickets, they arranged for the FIA to sanction an F1 race.

Remember that when you are talking about Tooney George, failure is not an option, it is the inevitable.

trish
06-19-05, 10:30 PM
Did IMS say that they would not issue refunds? Please post a link.

dando
06-19-05, 10:40 PM
There is a Chitwood press conference summary on the IMS site. They are still evaluating their options on ticket refunds and the sanctioning fee.

Oh, and I should add that FTG's only comments thus far were to direct complaints to the FIA, Michelin, etc. He has also declined or has not responded to requests for comments from AP, etc. Chitwood is the only one to officially comment beyond that. :shakehead
-Kevin

Turn7
06-19-05, 10:40 PM
:rolleyes:

Good greif. Give me a link? What kind of horsehockey have you been smoking?

How bout you give me the link to turn in my stubs for money?

Thought so. Tooney doesn't have the integrity of Gossage by offering to return money to the fans that he shystered and then getting what he can recoup from the sanctioning body.

Tooney shouldn't wait to see what pans out with the FIA, he should act quick and without delay in offering to return the money that he stole from the fans.

nrc
06-19-05, 10:41 PM
Whether or not they said it, that's certainly what their "complain to them" press release implies.

Lizzerd
06-19-05, 11:46 PM

Actually, what he said was that Michelin did their testing for IMS tires at Barcelona, and Massa and Davidson were the only two to participate. There was no F1 testing at IMS.

Back on topic, TG, as much as I hate to admit it, had nothing to do with this fiasco. When the F1 circus rolls into town, FIA is in control. No USAC, no irl, no SCCA, whatever. TG becomes a promoter only.

The only way TG and IMS can be blamed for anything is (and I don't know what happened in this regard) if they didn't properly notify Michelin of the surface change. Michelin, on the other hand, should have been aware of the track surface changes and sent engineers to evaluate it (and I don't know if this happened either, but it should have).

The bottom line is that Michelin screwed up. Granted that Firestone/Bridgestone had the benefit of irl tests on the new surface, but Michelin apparently didn't go the extra mile, no pun intended.

FRANKY
06-19-05, 11:57 PM
Did they offer the fan their money back? No.
Did they stick around to hand out trophies? No and the reason why was obvious.

I agree. They didn't condone what happened anymore than any other race fan.

To stand up there and present trophies for this folly would have been insane.

trauma1
06-23-05, 01:10 PM
dolan banned me.

you wanna be next? :rolleyes:
everyone is reinstated, including you,

RTKar
06-23-05, 06:31 PM
Ironic that tg was afraid of CART screwing with him and his speedway and it ends up being Bernie and F1.

Ankf00
06-23-05, 08:13 PM
its a startup low cost airline from India ;)

man, Airbus is tearing that **** UP :gomer:

TorontoWorker
06-23-05, 09:23 PM
Ironic that tg was afraid of CART screwing with him and his speedway and it ends up being Bernie and F1.

Come on... Deep down didn't we all have a feeling that some day, that dog named Bernie, the one that was eyeing your every move around the house, would suddenly spring at you and dig his teeth in? :laugh:

RTKar
06-23-05, 09:28 PM
Come on... Deep down didn't we all have a feeling that some day, that dog named Bernie, the one that was eyeing your every move around the house, would suddenly spring at you and dig his teeth in? :laugh:

Yea, back in about '92...