PDA

View Full Version : Shorty!

DaveL
06-19-05, 05:47 PM
Great job by PKV, Jim McGee, and Da Matta. Today was a beautiful, clean race and an example of how good Champcar can be. :thumbup:

devilmaster
06-19-05, 05:51 PM
Like I said in chat....

I hope today is the sign that RuSport and PKV are ready to move up and to challenge the two top teams on a regular basis.....

Good job to PKV and shorty..... Thumbs up to them and to Wilson with Rusport for a good run before the problem.... :thumbup:

Ed_Severson
06-19-05, 05:51 PM
Well done by da Matta and the PKV crew.

The only thing that struck me as bad about the race was this -- until today, I felt like something was off with the broadcast crew but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. As I was listening to the race while in the kitchen, though, it hit me.

As much as I like these guys and think they do a credible job, they just seem entirely unenthusiastic. It's certainly not Bob Jenkins territory, but they just sound bored to be there.

spinner26
06-19-05, 06:00 PM
Go Shorty , Go Shorty!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back to Champ Car CdM.

dando
06-19-05, 06:10 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Insomniac
06-19-05, 06:17 PM
It was a good race. Now if we could get some battling up front it'd be awesome! Perhaps it's time to get rid of PTP. Seems more defensive than offensive and getting rid of the other gimmicks have helped. I don't see any difference in the tires, not sure what the point is.

greenie
06-19-05, 06:20 PM
Nice race. Enjoyed it, bigtime. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
06-19-05, 06:46 PM
Great for Shorty. I was gettting a little worried about him.

And I feel absolutely great for KK. For all he's put into the sport he deserves a win :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

devilmaster
06-19-05, 06:53 PM
Good race all around too :thumbup:

Everyone got through festival, only one FCY, some good battles and passes on the track, they didn't black flag CdM for his exit from the pits that one time.

Good runs by Rusport and PKV, beekhuis did a good job in the booth, good pitstops all the way around. All in all, a really good race, and they have something to build on.

TrueBrit
06-19-05, 07:39 PM
Welcome back Champ!!

JohnnyQ
06-19-05, 07:40 PM
Good race all around too :thumbup:

Everyone got through festival, only one FCY, some good battles and passes on the track, they didn't black flag CdM for his exit from the pits that one time.

Good runs by Rusport and PKV, beekhuis did a good job in the booth, good pitstops all the way around. All in all, a really good race, and they have something to build on.

No black flag? Does KK have pull or what. :rolleyes:

NismoZ
06-19-05, 07:43 PM
Awww...I am so pleased. Wasn't the embrace with Jeemy precious! "That's why we hired this guy!" :cool: Great race strategy, manufacture your own "luck." :D

NismoZ
06-19-05, 07:47 PM
And...ya know the non black flag thing?...GOOD for ChampCar. INTERPRET...there wasn't a guy within a country mile of him. Good call I say. (Wasn't like Tracy running people into walls at pit exit and complaining about "The Clown.")

JohnnyQ
06-19-05, 07:52 PM
And...ya know the non black flag thing?...GOOD for ChampCar. INTERPRET...there wasn't a guy within a country mile of him. Good call I say. (Wasn't like Tracy running people into walls at pit exit and complaining about "The Clown.")

Yeah...you're right. Mob rules. :gomer:

sundaydriver2
06-19-05, 07:55 PM
Congrats to PKV and Christiano. They did a great job today and the race was exciting. :)

The attendance was up this year so I hope they keep this race. We need to keep the natural terrain road courses on the schedule. :thumbup:

Justin Wilson also drove a great race. Too bad his car broke, that sucked.

nrc
06-19-05, 08:03 PM
Nonsense.

The officiating has been more hands off in general this year and I think it's a good thing.

daMatta didn't endanger anyone and he didn't get an advantage from from his action. A fine would be a much more appropriate penalty than anything that would impact the outcome of the race.

KLang
06-19-05, 08:12 PM
Great race IMO. Big :thumbup: to CDM and PKV. I really hope this weekend is an indication that PKV and RuSport are ready to challenge NH and Forsythe.

JohnnyQ
06-19-05, 08:13 PM
Nonsense.

The officiating has been more hands off in general this year and I think it's a good thing.

daMatta didn't endanger anyone and he didn't get an advantage from from his action. A fine would be a much more appropriate penalty than anything that would impact the outcome of the race.

The hands off officiating is apparent. I think Tracy would have been black flagged if the tables were reversed.

You do make a good point about the outcome of the race. :)

NismoZ
06-19-05, 09:16 PM
So, Q, poor 'ol Tracy being discriminated against? Or are you WISHING he had so you could justfy a guy coming from mid-pack and handing him his lunch? I disagree with your premise. :p

RaceGrrl
06-19-05, 09:21 PM
Congrats, Christiano! I was very disappointed for Wilson, but it was good to see things coming together for PKV and the continued growth of RuSport.

JohnnyQ
06-19-05, 09:29 PM
So, Q, poor 'ol Tracy being discriminated against? Or are you WISHING he had so you could justfy a guy coming from mid-pack and handing him his lunch? I disagree with your premise. :p

To be honest with you I could care less about Tracy or DaMatta. I'm trying to focus all my attention on Danica. :)

Kneifel will rear his ugly head again.

RaceCat
06-19-05, 09:31 PM
Congrats to Cristiano! WELCOME BACK!!!!
:D :D :D

RaceCat

pkvracing12
06-19-05, 09:45 PM
Great job by PKV, Jim McGee, and Da Matta. Today was a beautiful, clean race and an example of how good Champcar can be. :thumbup:
RIGHT ON!!!!! :)

NismoZ
06-19-05, 10:51 PM
Yep, Danica in the Aston Martin for Team Rahal next year. I'm trying to focus on THAT! (maybe just in some of the longer races?) :)

RTKar
06-19-05, 11:25 PM
Great for Christiano....of course it was a good race, I was in Indy... :shakehead

Jervis Tetch 1
06-20-05, 12:48 AM
Great for Christiano....of course it was a good race, I was in Indy... :shakeheadYou and me both. How ironic he should win while his former series stinks to the high heavens today.

oddlycalm
06-20-05, 01:16 AM
Nice with for Shorty and the first for PKV. :thumbup: The weather deity smiled and it was a good race on a perfect day.

oc

Insomniac
06-20-05, 09:19 AM

He wasn't the only one who did it. I saw at least two times when cars came out side by side and one of the cars were clearly across it racing each other.

Insomniac
06-20-05, 09:21 AM
Congrats to PKV and Christiano. They did a great job today and the race was exciting. :)

The attendance was up this year so I hope they keep this race. We need to keep the natural terrain road courses on the schedule. :thumbup:

Justin Wilson also drove a great race. Too bad his car broke, that sucked.

This was the first year of a 3 year deal.

Insomniac
06-20-05, 09:22 AM

I wouldn't say CdM handed PT his lunch, it was mostly strategy. For the most part, PT did not have a car that could win.

NismoZ
06-20-05, 10:49 AM
True. OK, a "thinking team's " lunch, then! :D

Anteater
06-20-05, 11:34 AM
A huge congratulations to Shorty and PKV Racing for a well-deserved win! :thumbup: :D

What an incredible race weekend for a da Matta fan! At the Friday autograph session, I greeted CdM with "Welcome back to the series that appreciates you!", which prompted a big smile and a gracious "Thank you!" Listened on the scanner as CdM gave intensive and meticulous feedback on a car that had an elusive rear-end problem (that was the most I've ever heard Shorty talk on the radio). Yelled myself hoarse at the end of the race, congratulated CdM in the paddock, and shared a champagne toast with the team in the PKV tent. Truly a dream come true!