Who does he think he is, Buddy freaking Lazier??? :shakehead

dando
06-19-05, 03:43 PM
Who does he think he is, Buddy freaking Lazier??? :shakehead
Not just him, but the team, 2. :shakehead

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-19-05, 03:48 PM
The debacle isn't his fault or the teams.

I think tiago going in this season knew he'd never sniff a podium till a disaster like this.

I don't blame him. He's the happy recipient of other people's stupidity.

dando
06-19-05, 03:51 PM

I think tiago going in this season knew he'd never sniff a podium till a disaster like this.

I don't blame him. He's the happy recipient of other people's stupidity.
Sorry, but that display just rubbed the **** in the fans' faces. :shakehead

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-19-05, 03:56 PM
Sorry, but that display just rubbed the **** in the fans' faces. :shakehead

-Kevin

I understand your point kev, perhaps the podium was a little over the top.... but i think the fans were already the recipients on a german **** video. And they already got it all over their bodies.....

fourrunner
06-19-05, 05:06 PM
Lot's of people Hurt & Offended this weekend

Tiago seemed to be a bit more realistic in the post race press conference!

And the Ferrarri boys didn't seem to know how to handle it either !

No matter what you say, someones going to be pissed off !

Hell Bernie, Marie & Tony George left the premises, the Drivers were left out there to handle the problem !

dando
06-19-05, 06:01 PM
Tiago's celebrating seemed alot like Stoopid Mario's celebration @ Surfer's a couple of years ago. The weekend was simply a travesty. 'nuff said.

-Kevin

spinner26
06-19-05, 06:04 PM
Hey, like he said. Sad way to get it but he finished ahead of the others he had to to get to the podium.

And just like posted above, realistically, he was NEVER gona get to the podium unless something like this happened. He did what he had to do to get to the podium, finished third.

Ankf00
06-19-05, 06:12 PM
NARAIN!!!

TorontoWorker
06-19-05, 06:26 PM
Funny thing is, added to all the crap with Ferrari, FIA, Bernie, Max and both tire companies is the fact that ALL of F1 runs under the idea of, I'm all right Jack - F off to everyone else.

The reason that Minardi found themselves on the grid after voting for a solution for turn 12/13, is the fact that Jordan/Midland went and tried to screw Minardi around behind their backs by staying on the track and taking the start.

Minardi was going to park their cars in the pits as was to have Jordan - there by leaving only Ferrari to take the start and some of the heat.

But the new owner of Jordan had a different idea of what giving your word means... I give this creep another few months before he sells and leaves F1.

The result was that Minardi in a points fight with Jordan would have been left in the dust as not only would they have not gained any points at all, Jordan would have gained points for 3rd and 4th positions and perhaps maybe a surprise 2nd if a Ferrari dropped out. PS was screwed over and had to tell his drivers that they had to race after all. His position was that those who voted for a solution to the problem allowing everyone to race should stick to their word.

I give him 2 points for his sporting ideas and remove 4 points for being a FOOL!

JohnnyQ
06-19-05, 07:48 PM
Tiago has peaked. It's time to retire dad's checkbook.

The Doctor
06-19-05, 10:18 PM
Having now seen the race off the DVR --

Tiago was happy he was on the podium, even with the circumstances. And if you'll note, there was quite a large cheeer for him from the stands while he celebrated after receiving his trophy. While I didn't really agree with his enthusiasm at least a vocal majority of the fans in attendance did. Heck, his antics were the one light point in the darkest abyss of a day in Formula 1.

Sean O'Gorman
06-19-05, 10:23 PM
in the darkest abyss of a day in Formula 1.

Worse than May 1, 1994? :saywhat:

dando
06-19-05, 10:25 PM
Having now seen the race off the DVR --

Tiago was happy he was on the podium, even with the circumstances. And if you'll note, there was quite a large cheeer for him from the stands while he celebrated after receiving his trophy. While I didn't really agree with his enthusiasm at least a vocal majority of the fans in attendance did. Heck, his antics were the one light point in the darkest abyss of a day in Formula 1.
Then you missed the interview with him later where the "vocal majority" were booing him quite loudly. There was nothing to celebrate.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
06-19-05, 10:48 PM
Worse than May 1, 1994? :saywhat:
Perspective. :(

Dr. Corkski
06-19-05, 10:53 PM
Then you missed the interview with him later where the "vocal majority" were booing him quite loudly. There was nothing to celebrate.

-KevinI don't even like Monteiro but it wasn't his fault that no one showed up to challenge him. Finishing behind two Ferrari drivers is certainly worth celebrating. The difference between this and Dominguez in 2002 was that Mario got the win due to bad officiating, while Monteiro earned his podium by doing it on track. The fact that 14 cars did not finish ahead of Monteiro was the direct result of the incompetence and cowardice of those competitors, not of Monteiro or the offcials.

dando
06-19-05, 11:01 PM
Monteiro earned his podium by doing it on track.

Oh, puhleeze. :shakehead Put an * on that one. The only reason he had to celebrate is becuz he has no chance in hell of getting onto the podium ever again. Otherwise, it lacked any semblance of taste.

-Kevin

RHR_Fan
06-19-05, 11:55 PM

I don't blame him. He's the happy recipient....

Agree.

~Nicole

Dr. Corkski
06-20-05, 12:01 AM
Oh, puhleeze. :shakehead Put an * on that one. The only reason he had to celebrate is becuz he has no chance in hell of getting onto the podium ever again. Otherwise, it lacked any semblance of taste.

-KevinSo what? He showed up and earned it by being the 3rd driver to cross the finish line today. You are unfairly punishing a driver for something that was completely beyond his control. It's like saying Paul Tracy deserves an asterix for his championship in 03 because of a relatively weaker field. :thumdown:

dando
06-20-05, 12:17 AM
It's like saying Paul Tracy deserves an asterix for his championship in 03 because of a relatively weaker field. :thumdown:
Apples and oranges, Corky. A championship in racing is contested over a full season, not a single race. Many things can happen over a full season of racing. My point is simply that spraying the champagne, and acting like he had just won the championship....while the vocal majority were booing (I just watched the replay again)...was crass, all things considered. We agree to disagree. Move on. I'm done debating this topic.

-Kevin

mexican
06-20-05, 12:36 AM
in the darkest abyss of a day in Formula 1.

that I agree with

difference being, Imola was about tragedy. this day was about GREEED!!!

this feels like the begining of the end

Jervis Tetch 1
06-20-05, 12:39 AM

-KevinI will put a * there as long as there's one for Buddy Lazier for 1996. Still, it was nice no matter how weird to see TM up there. He almost looked embarassed in the press conference.

Dr. Corkski
06-20-05, 04:33 AM
I will put a * there as long as there's one for Buddy Lazier for 1996. Still, it was nice no matter how weird to see TM up there. He almost looked embarassed in the press conference.Get off Lazier's case, he beat a weak field, but again it was not his fault, you can't take it away from him with a stupid asterix in the record books. The asterix has already been applied by the fact that since that win, he has never even driven a Champ Car.

extramundane
06-23-05, 07:36 PM
"Jenson Button and David Coulthard were also on that plane, and sportingly had nothing but encouragement for the Portuguese, advising him to take podiums any way they come."

link (http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=General&PO_ID=33232)

Jervis Tetch 1
06-23-05, 11:51 PM
Get off Lazier's case, he beat a weak field, but again it was not his fault, you can't take it away from him with a stupid asterix in the record books. The asterix has already been applied by the fact that since that win, he has never even driven a Champ Car.I'll get off his case as long as there's no asterisk for Tiago. Wasn't his fault there were only six cars either.

Dr. Corkski
06-24-05, 01:23 AM
I'll get off his case as long as there's no asterisk for Tiago. Wasn't his fault there were only six cars either.The Portugese Paul Walker shouldn't get one either. Like Lazier, no frontrunning team is going to be impressed by him beating Ankf00 by 20 secs for a podium in a 6 car race to actually hire him. Well, unless Kate Shaw buys herself a team. :gomer:

oddlycalm
06-25-05, 09:14 PM
There's a rumor that Monteiro got a free copy of "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle" as well as a White Castle gift certificate which he was generous enough to share with his team mate

oc

eiregosod
06-25-05, 09:59 PM
There's a rumor that Monteiro got a free copy of "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle" as well as a White Castle gift certificate which he was generous enough to share with his team mate

oc

:laugh:

Ankf00
06-26-05, 12:13 AM
The Portugese Paul Walker shouldn't get one either. Like Lazier, no frontrunning team is going to be impressed by him beating Ankf00 by 20 secs for a podium in a 6 car race to actually hire him. Well, unless Kate Shaw buys herself a team. :gomer:

I'm not the one who owns my own Arai racing helmet :gomer:

Ankf00
06-26-05, 12:14 AM

oc

na, don't think there's any white castles in India ;)