PDA

View Full Version : Third race in a row I can say the FIA has no idea how to run a race

Andrew Longman
06-19-05, 02:11 PM
Idiots.

I feel so bad for the folks who traveled from the corners of the world to watch six cars

I almost went myself and only the thought of putting $in TGs pocket stopped me.

Fans come last in F1

I hope this ick doesn't wash onto all of OW racing in NA

Brickman
06-19-05, 02:14 PM
U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E

TrueBrit
06-19-05, 02:22 PM
Bloody glad I didn't bother to go...wonder if TG will refund any money?

Naaaah, who am I kidding?

Racing Truth
06-19-05, 02:24 PM
Bloody glad I didn't bother to go...wonder if TG will refund any money?

Naaaah, who am I kidding?

Unless the grinding directly caused this, why should he?

Goodbye United States Grand Prix. :flame:

Methanolandbrats
06-19-05, 02:35 PM
Unless the grinding directly caused this, why should he?

Goodbye United States Grand Prix. :flame: I could'nt go this year and I sure as hell hope this does'nt kill it, it's a fun event and only 350mi from home :thumbup:

Racing Truth
06-19-05, 02:50 PM
I could'nt go this year and I sure as hell hope this does'nt kill it, it's a fun event and only 350mi from home :thumbup:

All true, but c'mon. This is a PR disaster. If you're TG (stay with me here, people :eek: ), why would you extend this contract after this debacle? Seriously, who in their right mind would do that?

trish
06-19-05, 02:51 PM
All true, but c'mon. This is a PR disaster. If you're TG (stay with me here, people :eek: ), why would you extend this contract after this debacle? Seriously, who in their right mind would do that?
You probably answered your own question.

dando
06-19-05, 02:52 PM
'cuz he's gotta road course he spent million$ on that is worthless....unless he wants CCWS to come race on it. :gomer: FTG is ****ed on this.

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-19-05, 03:29 PM
neat addition to the story......

Tomorrow was a 'drive your car on the f1 track' day if you renew your tickets at the track tomorrow.

Any indy citizens wanna go see how many cars take the track? :laugh:

Mike Kellner
06-19-05, 03:49 PM
The theater part of F1 is grand, as always. My guess is, this is a major plot development, which will play an important part in the split.

I would prefer racing where people passed each other on the track for points scoring positions, but since that dissappeared a few decades ago, the F1 Theater Of The Absurd will have to do. Today's episode was great.

Cant decide ... :laugh: :cry:

mk

Methanolandbrats
06-19-05, 03:54 PM
The theater part of F1 is grand, as always. My guess is, this is a major plot development, which will play an important part in the split.

I would prefer racing where people passed each other on the track for points scoring positions, but since that dissappeared a few decades ago, the F1 Theater Of The Absurd will have to do. Today's episode was great.

Cant decide ... :laugh: :cry:

mk Me neither, I kinda liked it. :D Sure was interesting. Hell, I'd rather watch just two Ferraris lap for two hours than watch a NASCAR Race :D

RacinM3
06-19-05, 03:58 PM
hahahaha...I prefer to think of it as karmic payback #1 in a long line of karmic paybacks coming up for ol' FTG.

I was realllly surprised he didn't do the trophy presentation! :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:

:laugh:

Mike Kellner
06-19-05, 04:06 PM
I'd rather watch just two Ferraris lap for two hours than watch a NASCAR Race

Heck, we all watched for the last few seasons. How is this any different?

mk

oddlycalm
06-19-05, 04:47 PM
hahahaha...I prefer to think of it as karmic payback #1 in a long line of karmic paybacks coming up for ol' FTG. Absolutely, this was a day where FTG really meant something. :laugh: His $12 repaving job with a crude bandaid fix, the mickey mouse infield road course with the oval track return, the whole sham is swirling around the bowl.

The fact that Max Mosely shot himself in the groin on the same day is just icing on the cake.

oc

Andrew Longman
06-19-05, 06:27 PM
I could'nt go this year and I sure as hell hope this does'nt kill it, it's a fun event and only 350mi from home :thumbup:

That may be your choice.

But for the hundreds of thousands of fans who plan vacations and plunk down thousands of $, and for the sponsors who invest hundreds of millions, at least NASCAR fans and sponsors know that barring an act of God the cars will be on the track.

Be pleased it royally screwed TG. Be pleased that many international feeds shut it off. Be pleased that BE is already distancing himself from this mess. Take a morbid facination in watching these antichrists of motorsport suffer a train wreck.

But for the casual fans and serious sponsor it only tells them that the France's are the only ones in the sport who know how to take care of them.

I am not pumping NASCAR, but the first rule of entertainment is the show much go on. Integrity of the sport is critical. It's what separates the NFL from WWE and makes the NFL sport. But the show always goes on.

For the good of the sport, the only solution in Indy today was to let the M team use the tires they flew in and give all the Bridgestone teams a fresh set to start the race on.

Sure there would be chatter about whether M manipulated the rules or event but no fan would say it was a worse outcome than watching the chin defeat Minardi and Jordan. I would rather watch him mop up on Eastern modified icon (and Frenchtown native) Billy Pauch.

Today was simply an example of people with too much money who earned it too easily forgetting whos paying the bills and why. Arrogance all the way around

No doubt M screwed up. But they are also paying tons of bills. Let them suffer the indignity of bad PR and subsequent ding to their investment, but don't make the public suffer. If they are concerned about driver safety, change tires on every pitstop and present the disintegrating tire as evidence of the need for a safety related change.

FTG
06-19-05, 07:09 PM
All true, but c'mon. This is a PR disaster. If you're TG (stay with me here, people :eek: ), why would you extend this contract after this debacle?

Because pouring your money into this disaster is as much fun as pouring his money into the disasterous earl.

Andrew Longman
06-19-05, 07:11 PM

We all knew BE would screw TG someday, somehow. But who among us could have dreamed this up?

Methanolandbrats
06-19-05, 07:19 PM
For the good of the sport, the only solution in Indy today was to let the M team use the tires they flew in and give all the Bridgestone teams a fresh set to start the race on.QUOTE]

Those tires were'tn any good either.

Andrew Longman
06-19-05, 07:23 PM
For the good of the sport, the only solution in Indy today was to let the M team use the tires they flew in and give all the Bridgestone teams a fresh set to start the race on.QUOTE]

Those tires were'tn any good either.

Then change them at every stop and debate/suffer the penalty, but run the race.

rescue8
06-19-05, 07:52 PM
The only hope for F1 now is the almighty Danica, the savior of open wheel... :saywhat:

RTKar
06-19-05, 11:12 PM
neat addition to the story......

Tomorrow was a 'drive your car on the f1 track' day if you renew your tickets at the track tomorrow.

Any indy citizens wanna go see how many cars take the track? :laugh:

Can't do it, I have Michelin Tires...

devilmaster
06-19-05, 11:14 PM
Can't do it, I have Michelin Tires...

Talk to the IMS officials real nice, they may give you a set of Indy 500 firehawks for the sport-ute rick.... ;)