PDA

View Full Version : Bernie on Danicle

dando
06-18-05, 09:43 PM
Bernie the Knuckledragger speaks out on women in racing:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=irl&id=2089257

"You know I've got one of those wonderful ideas ... women should be dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances."

:saywhat: :rofl: :shakehead

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
06-18-05, 09:54 PM
Mrs. Opposite Lock's reaction:

"White? He's so behind the times - domestic appliances are all about stainless steel now."

:rofl:

Methanolandbrats
06-18-05, 10:06 PM

"White? He's so behind the times - domestic appliances are all about stainless steel now."

:rofl: They also make screws, rods and backbraces out of stainless.

TravelGal
06-18-05, 10:06 PM

:thumbup: I believe I would like to meet Mrs Opposite Lock someday. You too OL for having the sense to marry her. ;)

Jag_Warrior
06-19-05, 02:17 AM
I don't know why you folks are hacking on Bernie. I mean, you have to remember... Bernie was born in 1842.

What I would really like to see happen is to find the right girl, perhaps a black girl with super looks, preferably Jewish or Muslim, who speaks Spanish." :saywhat:

I'd like to see that too. Not so much to see her drive - I'd just like to be around for that family reunion (from a distance... wearing a Kevlar vest).

Ankf00
06-19-05, 02:27 AM

stainless steel is so bourgie and passe :p s'all about the solid colors now, get with the times people, sheesh! white is the new stainless steel. ;)

pchall
06-19-05, 07:07 AM
They also make screws, rods and backbraces out of stainless.

They may use stainless steel to put IRL drivers back together, but the real deal is titanium.

Racing Truth
06-19-05, 02:31 PM
This has been THE WORST weekend for the FIA. Evar. :shakehead

Jag_Warrior
06-19-05, 02:35 PM
Again, NASCAR says, thanks suckaz!

Methanolandbrats
06-19-05, 03:44 PM
They may use stainless steel to put IRL drivers back together, but the real deal is titanium. Well I "stand" corrected :)

Spicoli
06-19-05, 06:44 PM

I've met your wife.

She might like these guys: http://www.thecribs.com/go.php?object=home

Andrew Longman
06-19-05, 07:38 PM
Big, bid topic during the NHRA telecast today.

Shirley M said she pay money to see Danica kick BE ass.

Angele pointed out she was not wearing white for any of her three championships.

Can't agree more.

And I can't agree more with Danica that her performance, good or bad, was not a big deal for women. She thought it was a big deal for anyone. As should be the case regardless of sex.

RichK
06-19-05, 08:04 PM
"Bernie on Danicle"

ew.....poor subject title!

dando
06-19-05, 08:10 PM
"Bernie on Danicle"

ew.....poor subject title!
:D

Even worse visual. :eek:

-Kevin

Jag_Warrior
06-20-05, 09:11 AM
Big, bid topic during the NHRA telecast today.

Shirley M said she pay money to see Danica kick BE ass.

Angele pointed out she was not wearing white for any of her three championships.

Being that Bernie is married to a (protective) giraffe, I don't think Danica or Shirley want to go there. You might come in low, catch her around the knees, and have a chance at Bernie. But I'd be worried about a kick to the head from a sharp hoof. I think Danica would be better off not messing with the big giraffe's moneymaker. If the giraffe didn't get her, one of those ex-Massad agents that Bernie employs might do something evil & nasty to a person. :eek:

O/T: I want Angelle to start calling herself Angelle S. and stop with the name changes. But I'm hoping that with her personal life (somewhat) in order, she'll get back to her winning ways.

Slavica and Bernie, enjoying a pre-race moment.
http://animals.timduru.org/dirlist/giraffe/2Giraffes-MomNBaby.jpg

Wheel-Nut
06-20-05, 02:17 PM
Did Danica get her test ride in the BAR Honda?

oddlycalm
06-20-05, 02:28 PM
Did Danica get her test ride in the BAR Honda? Internet rumor, it was never going to happen.

oc

JohnHKart
06-21-05, 01:41 AM
O/T: I want Angelle to start calling herself Angelle S. and stop with the name changes. But I'm hoping that with her personal life (somewhat) in order, she'll get back to her winning ways.

God what is with this woman, getting married anew every year?

John

TroyM1
06-21-05, 06:59 AM
You know, I laughed at Bernie's comment. I think he was doing it just to get a rise out of people. Did you see him smirk after he got done? He knew he could say it and get by with it.

dando
06-22-05, 04:56 PM
So the knuckledragger call the Danicle, and repeats the same remark he made to the press:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=irl&id=2092194
On Saturday, Patrick received a phone call from Ecclestone, in which he complimented her on her performance at the Indy 500, the Indy Star reported.

But Ecclestone caught Patrick off guard when he repeated to her his statement about women and "domestic appliances."

"He told me those things, and I was like, I don't know, I just didn't make sense of it," Patrick told the Indy Star on Tuesday in her first public remarks since the quote drew national attention. "I can't believe that he would say that ... directly to me."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-Kevin

Ankf00
06-22-05, 08:02 PM
that is hilarious. I wonder what the look on her face was at that time...

coolhand
06-22-05, 08:05 PM

you know she really wants to be in F1, and she does not want to believe that BE is saying this stuff to her.

trauma1
06-23-05, 11:36 AM
bernie is probably pissed because he arranged for the BAR PR ride and she turned him down, now for some one that took all the PR in the month of may for FTg and herself , suddenly turning daown the BAR PR ride , she can't have it both ways, and it seems the majority of the press has given her a free pass on that, now a 4th place diver in the 497.4 up for driver of the quarter, give me a break, she does what's conveinent for her to get the most bang. like the photo shots, talk about double standard, do i agree with Be for his stupid comments , no

Insomniac
06-23-05, 01:04 PM

Bernie probably laughed and she probably laughed. By Sunday, she'll be outraged.

Steve99
06-23-05, 06:04 PM
I'm sure the broadcast of the next twirl "race" will be making a big deal about this.

Methanolandbrats
06-23-05, 06:07 PM
It was funny. I don't think Bernie buys into "Danicle Mania".

G.
06-23-05, 06:16 PM
I'm sure the broadcast of the next twirl "race" will be making a big deal about this."See, now he mentions domestic appliances. What he means by domestic appliances is..."

Lizzerd
06-23-05, 10:04 PM
It was funny. I don't think Bernie buys into "Danicle Mania".

Fourth on a big roundy-round, never won a pro race in a car...

Yeah, I think you're right. :thumbup:

Despite his occasional (?) idiocy, he is fairly astute when assessing a driver's talent.