PDA

View Full Version : Kannan to get a test in F1

Insomniac
06-18-05, 07:50 PM
I saw this yesterday on Speed during the F1 coverage, and now there is an AP article on it. Tony "All My Wins are on Ovals" Kannan is going to get a test with BAR Honda according to Gil de Ferran. It's nice to see BAR wants to win and GDF was the right guy to bring in. :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=f1&id=2089273

mexican
06-18-05, 08:03 PM
Dan Wheldon, his Andretti Green teammate and the Indy 500 winner and series leader this year, said he had no desire to join F1.

"When I was young, Formula One was the place to be," the 26-year-old Englishman said. "But as you get older and realize the politics are involved and how good the Indianapolis 500 is, you kind of switch."

this coming from the queen of switch-hitters... somebody has been doing some serious sucking on the, umm... kool aid

oddlycalm
06-18-05, 08:31 PM
More Honda PR hoopla. The list of drivers that get "tests" in F1 cars is nearly as long Kanaan's nose and just as distiguished. The chances of a mid-pack roadracer who happens to be Gil's buddy actually getting Button's seat (assuming Button wants to leave BAR for Williams) are about the same as me being chosen to pilot the next space shuttle. :gomer:

oc

Ankf00
06-18-05, 08:54 PM
well it's gonna be delayed until sept so you still have a chance to join the astronaut corps ;)