PDA

View Full Version : Ralf, Episode II

cameraman
06-17-05, 03:58 PM
He spun again at the exact same spot as he did last year.

It seems the newly extended safer barrier might have saved his back.

Ralf, just park it and go home before you kill yourself.

NismoZ
06-17-05, 04:26 PM
And, geez, give Varsha the weekend off, he sounds horrible!

Dr. Corkski
06-17-05, 04:31 PM
And, geez, give Varsha the weekend off, he sounds horrible!Still better than Daly. :thumdown:

Kahauna Dreamer
06-17-05, 05:04 PM
And, geez, give Varsha the weekend off, he sounds horrible!

Varsha looks thinner
Matchett looks huskier
Michael Andretti looks like a sawed-off version of Tony George

Jervis Tetch 1
06-17-05, 11:11 PM
And, geez, give Varsha the weekend off, he sounds horrible!Bob's just getting over a cold from what I'm told.

Insomniac
06-18-05, 01:01 PM
Ralf is out:

Ralf Schumacher will not race in the United States Grand Prix because of the lingering effects from an accident he had during one of the practice sessions. Ricardo Zonta will replace him in Sunday's event.

Schumacher wasn't seriously injured when a tire failed on his Toyota during Friday's second practice session at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The car spun coming out of the final turn and backed into a part of wall protected by the energy-absorbing SAFER Barrier.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=f1&id=2089090

NismoZ
06-18-05, 01:26 PM
So, maybe it isn't Ralf..it's the Michelins? Michelin runners aren't even ALLOWED to run turn 13! Nice the SAFER was extended, I could NOT understand how they ran before with it in the "wrong" location. So, will Michelin be given a break this weekend. Will Bridgestone complain if they do? This is all very interesting and quite ominous in a way. Maybe a little more AIR is the solution? (for turn 13 anyway)

NismoZ
06-18-05, 01:29 PM
Now, THERE'S a suggestion...The Bridgestone runners qualify 1-7, then the Michelin guys take the rest based on points! I smell a fight.

oddlycalm
06-18-05, 06:03 PM
Bernie is predicting that Michelin will be allowed to supply new tires for the race and further predicted that the race results will be contested in court after the race is run.

"I think they (the Michelin runners) will find a tyre that will work and they will be able to start alright," said Ecclestone in an interview with ITV.

"I think if they do (run the new tyres), they will be in breach of regulations, that is obvious, but I am sure the stewards will let them run and we will see afterwards what will happen," he explained.

oc

Insomniac
06-18-05, 07:09 PM
I would think at a minimum, anyone switching tires (what about compound?) would hace to move to the back of the grid. What are the rules for switching compounds (that is essentially waht this is even if they go from soft to soft).

I understand the safety issue, and the Speed guys wee saying Bridgestone would come off looking bad if they tried to fight it, but this is the same as an engine manufacturer making crappy engines and all of them greanding during the race. This is just amplified because Ralf lost his tire in 13. But he was the only one. Zonta lost his going straight and that was it. Surely people ran more than 10 laps. It's a shame 14 of the 20 cars use that tire and it would be terrible for the fans to only see 6 cars "race".

I think Bernie is right though. They'll let them switch tires, the fans will get a good race and then the courts will disqualify every Michelin car afterwards. I personally agree with that decision. Michelin dropped the ball and you can't change the rules because 14 cars are affected by it.

On a side note, will Bridgestpone weaken their sidewalls for the subsequent races to give them more contact area when turning now? Was that Michelin's advantage?

NismoZ
06-19-05, 01:05 PM
Less air.