PDA

View Full Version : Intel

KLang
06-17-05, 02:36 PM
There seems to be a new relationship forming with Intel.

story (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9137)

During the event, the Oregon Pavilion will be filled with technology demos from Intel. The demos will span a variety of mobile and wireless computing scenarios. One of the highlights is Intel® Centrino™ mobile technology for laptops PCs running Champ Car's 'Race Director,' a technology that allows a spectator to choose any driver on the track to listen to live 'car-to-pit' radio, and also switch between six live channels of streaming race video from 'on board cameras' and provide Real Time Web Telemetry featuring: track map position, throttle, speed, gear, braking and RPM information.

"Intel is one of the top companies in the world and fits well into the high-speed, cutting-edge world of Champ Car," said Champ Car President Dick Eidswick. "We are pleased to have Intel become part of our growing series and are pleased that they will have a strong presence at the Portland event."

As part of the increased presence Intel will have at this weekend's Portland event, the company will have its name on the sidepods of the #9 Intel Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone piloted by RuSPORT driver Justin Wilson.

Intel is now all over the Champcar website as well as Race Director. Hopefully this will lead to more involvement from Intel. :thumbup:

G.
06-17-05, 02:37 PM
:cool:

coolhand
06-17-05, 06:01 PM
yeah, its everywhere.

I hope they get the most out of it and court Intel well.

get the Execs to the San Jose race.

With Russo and KK from Silicon Vally they should be able to max out the sponsoship from that industry.

devilmaster
06-17-05, 08:42 PM
Intel Mobile Centrino :thumbup:

Its how I watched Monterrey while in my Pittsburgh hotel room......

Winston Wolfe
06-17-05, 09:23 PM
yeah, its everywhere.

I hope they get the most out of it and court Intel well.

get the Execs to the San Jose race.

With Russo and KK from Silicon Vally they should be able to max out the sponsoship from that industry.

Yeah, we probably shouldnt race in Santa Fe.... no one wants to watch a parking lot race that interrupts a drifting exhibition anyways ! :rolleyes:

No chance for any B2B sponsors there ! :shakehead

racer2c
06-17-05, 11:34 PM
Yeah, we probably shouldnt race in Santa Fe.... no one wants to watch a parking lot race that interrupts a drifting exhibition anyways ! :rolleyes:

No chance for any B2B sponsors there ! :shakehead

I was never a fan of CART's b2b business model. In retrospect, I was right.

Insomniac
06-18-05, 08:22 AM
Didn't they announce some type of WiMAX agreement before to be at 3 races?

Jag_Warrior
06-18-05, 12:36 PM
Since Intel is there, it would (now) be interesting to see an Apple Mac display nearby... with the caption For People Who Want Something Different (the same caption would work for Champ Car :) ).

Ankf00
06-18-05, 01:00 PM
anyone have pics of intel signage?

KobySon
06-18-05, 01:31 PM
Since Intel is there, it would (now) be interesting to see an Apple Mac display nearby... with the caption For People Who Want Something Different (the same caption would work for Champ Car :) ).

I hope I don't have to wait for an intel G6 before I can get race director. :flame:

(I know it's really a WM problem...)

Insomniac
06-18-05, 01:42 PM
I hope I don't have to wait for an intel G6 before I can get race director. :flame:

(I know it's really a WM problem...)

You could always get VirtualPC and a copy of Windows.

oddlycalm
06-18-05, 05:53 PM
The Portland area is the location of Intel's largest workforce so they tend to have some sort of presence at any significant event in the area, yet they don't have any real history of putting up significant sponsorship money. Until there is news to the contrary you can assume this is more of the same. At this point Intel is paying minor money to be at the track with the signage, supply the WiFi and put up their displays. If it develops into more, good, but I wouldn't spend the money until the check actually arrives in the mail.

oc

manic mechanic
06-18-05, 06:32 PM
Funny, but I always thought that AMD would be a better fit for ChampCar.

I always envisioned the AMD Athlon #64 car and the livery behind it.

If it's Intel as a major sponsor, that's OK.

I may not use their product (even our new HP laptop is and AMD), but I can appreciate their support. :thumbup:

manic

Insomniac
06-18-05, 07:54 PM
anyone have pics of intel signage?
http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/71325_jwi.jpg

pchall
06-18-05, 09:12 PM
Intel is certainly getting a return for it's involvement. Wilson P1 today again. :)

Jervis Tetch 1
06-18-05, 11:59 PM
^That's for sure! :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
06-19-05, 12:02 AM
I may not use their product (even our new HP laptop is and AMD), but I can appreciate their support. :thumbup:If Wilson had AMD and HP on his car his car would have overheated like the laptop on the first hot lap.

Ankf00
06-19-05, 12:12 AM
AWESOME!

Insomniac
06-19-05, 09:39 AM
If Wilson had AMD and HP on his car his car would have overheated like the laptop on the first hot lap.

Ahahahahaha

coolhand
06-20-05, 05:50 PM
I hope you guys realize that Intels involvment in the series may create an incentive for AMD to get involved.

It has worked in NASCAR were one company gets in, then the rest of the industry competetors pile in.

A smart team would start courting AMD right now BSing about how well Intel is doing with their sponsorship.

Dr. Corkski
06-20-05, 05:53 PM
A smart team would start courting AMD right now BSing about how well Intel is doing with their sponsorship.Like how Justin Wilson's car failed in the lead the weekend the intel sticker appeared on his car? :gomer:

coolhand
06-20-05, 06:03 PM
Like how Justin Wilson's car failed in the lead the weekend the intel sticker appeared on his car? :gomer:

nope, you intentially leave that out. ;)

Dr. Corkski
06-20-05, 06:05 PM
nope, you intentially leave that out. ;)You should be doing PR work for Michelin. :laugh:

coolhand
06-20-05, 06:14 PM
You should be doing PR work for Michelin. :laugh:

already am ;)

Sean O'Gorman
06-20-05, 06:27 PM
I'd leave out the part about the DNF being due to electrical gremlins too. :cool:

JT265
06-20-05, 07:38 PM
I'd leave out the part about the DNF being due to electrical gremlins too. :cool:

Why? Has ruSport never heard of a heat sink?!?

:rofl:

oddlycalm
06-20-05, 09:38 PM
I hope you guys realize that Intels involvment in the series may create an incentive for AMD to get involved. You might want to keep your powder dry until next weekend. If Intel is on the side of Wilson's car for the rest of the season, then it would be time to tell AMD how they are missing out by only having their logo all over Ferrari. ;) Seriously, I was told that the Intel involvement was for the Portland race only. They have around 20,000 employees here, and like to waive their flag... as long as it doesn't cost too much. Hope I'm wrong on this one.

oc

coolhand
06-21-05, 12:03 AM
You might want to keep your powder dry until next weekend. If Intel is on the side of Wilson's car for the rest of the season, then it would be time to tell AMD how they are missing out by only having their logo all over Ferrari. ;) Seriously, I was told that the Intel involvement was for the Portland race only. They have around 20,000 employees here, and like to waive their flag... as long as it doesn't cost too much. Hope I'm wrong on this one.

oc

you are probably right. But i still believe in my point IF Intel signs on for a full season it would be a smart thing to do for other teams to go after their competetors.

Think Lowes and Home Depot Fed Ex and UPS

RusH
06-21-05, 12:21 AM
Think Lowes and Home Depot Fed Ex and UPS

When I think of that, I think of Xerox and Monks. Monks win all the time. :gomer:

Ankf00
06-21-05, 12:57 AM
the FedEx has been done, the UPS never followed...

Gary
06-21-05, 01:31 AM
anyone have pics of intel signage?There was plenty of Intel signage, though I didn't think to take any pictures.

They had a tent with a bunch of laptops & other stuff, & a big widescreen display running a slew of RaceDirector cameras. Pretty impressive. They guy told me that they had a 1.5 GB T-1 to run it.

I asked him about the WiFi. I brought my iPAC hoping to display the Race Director Leaderboard. I could see the network, but couldn't hook up. He said it was not intended to be public. I gave him a piece of my mind regarding what I thought of THAT! ;^)

I then took about 10 minutes to discuss what a great business move it would be for Intel to partner with a great technology company like CCWS. Intel could ride the wave of ChampCar's comeback. Together, they could do some really interesting, creative, leading-edge cool-stuff. He agreed, & we both speculated for a while on the kind of things that could be done.

Don't know if it will go anywhere, but I tried.

Ankf00
06-21-05, 01:39 AM
:thumbup:
effort counts :)

cameraman
06-21-05, 11:57 AM
Seriously, I was told that the Intel involvement was for the Portland race only.

Intel is not on the RuSport web site sponsor list so I would expect that you are correct.