PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone benches No. 55 car

Audi_A4
06-17-05, 02:02 PM
“Bridgestone Motorsport and the HVM, Inc., racing team have contractual matters relating to tire security under review. The parties involved are working together to resolve the issues. As part of this process, Bridgestone Motorsport and HVM agreed in a meeting this morning that the number 55 car would not participate in the first practice session at Portland.” Al Speyer, Executive Director, Bridgestone Motorsport.

racer2c
06-17-05, 02:05 PM
Check didn't clear?

trauma1
06-17-05, 02:08 PM
when does jos get the call

Tim
06-17-05, 02:09 PM
Too bad this couldn't happen to Sperafico. I like Bremer and hope he gets to stick around.

cart7
06-17-05, 02:31 PM
:rolleyes: This kind of stuff is really bush league. :shakehead

trauma1
06-17-05, 02:45 PM
:rolleyes: This kind of stuff is really bush league. :shakehead
totally agree, it isn't good, , hell if coyne has the $$$, this must be the 1/2 mil that bremer needed asap, this should have been taken care of before today, and had jos there if he was short on the $$$$$$$$$$

KLang
06-17-05, 02:55 PM
The quote says 'relating to tire security under review'. Why do some of you assume it's $ when the quote clearly says something else.

Wasn't there a car parked for part of a day a few years back over a dispute with Honda?

carpfan
06-17-05, 03:02 PM
The quote says 'relating to tire security under review'. Why do some of you assume it's $ when the quote clearly says something else.

Wasn't there a car parked for part of a day a few years back over a dispute with Honda?

There was a parked car a few years ago over a dispute with Ford. Sigma Autosport never returned...

jonovision_man
06-17-05, 03:03 PM

They should have been more specific in the release, leaving it open to speculation was a mistake in this environment.

Is he just missing practice?

jono

trauma1
06-17-05, 03:04 PM
because bremer was saying he needed a 1/2 mil asap this week, then thought things were going to be taken care of by the team this week then was unsure if he would have the funds to continue after Portland, 1+1 =2

JoeBob
06-17-05, 03:11 PM
The team can't secure tires without paying for them. ;)

trauma1
06-17-05, 03:13 PM
The team can't secure tires without paying for them. ;)
bingo!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Corkski
06-17-05, 03:22 PM
The quote says 'relating to tire security under review'. Why do some of you assume it's $ when the quote clearly says something else.Driver/Team has money issues. Car gets parked. Nope, can't possibly have any thing to do with money, just the work of street race hatin' xenophobic D&Gers. :gomer:

Wasn't there a car parked for part of a day a few years back over a dispute with Honda?Other than Sigma, Pacwest also had to park their cars back in 2001 because they refused to pay for their Tayotas when everyone else was getting paid to run them.

KLang
06-17-05, 03:38 PM
That's right, Ford and Sigma. :o

I dunno, just seems strange to me that Speyer would specifically say 'tire security' (whatever that might mean) if it was simply HVM not paying their bill. Guess we will find out eventually.

trauma1
06-17-05, 03:42 PM
this is bush, i've been giving them a free pass for most of this year, hopeing with the purchase of cossie, LB and other things that they might be getting the act together, after the fiasco of servia gate in milwaukee, and the lack of crowd there, and now this i'm wondering what the hell is going on, it's like Spicoli said about the hires they made, my god get someone in there that know racing and takes care of this shite, i want to support this series and do by going to races , but hell get it together

cameraman
06-17-05, 03:53 PM
"contractual matters relating to tire security"

Sounds more like they actually lost some tires.

What did they somehow screw up at Milwaukee and not return all the tires?

RichK
06-17-05, 03:57 PM
I think this is more like when a waiter comes to your table and says: "Mr. Bremer, you have a phone call at the front desk", when he really means: "Hey deadbeat, your credit card is over the limit."

cart7
06-17-05, 03:59 PM
"contractual matters relating to tire security"

Sounds more like they actually lost some tires.

What did they somehow screw up at Milwaukee and not return all the tires?

Anyone check Ebay? :laugh:

NismoZ
06-17-05, 04:19 PM
Yeah, ChampCar's fault...SOMEbody should pay, might as well be KK, right? And Bridgestone is getting such a good return on their dollar they should just GIVE the tires away! I love how the true race fans love to spend other people's money...because they're so PASSIONATE I suppose.

racer2c
06-17-05, 04:31 PM
Yeah, ChampCar's fault...SOMEbody should pay, might as well be KK, right? And Bridgestone is getting such a good return on their dollar they should just GIVE the tires away! I love how the true race fans love to spend other people's money...because they're so PASSIONATE I suppose.

:confused: :saywhat:

cameraman
06-17-05, 04:32 PM
On Race Director they said that the #55 was only sitting out the first practice session. We will know if that is the case in half an hour.

Gnam
06-17-05, 04:59 PM
On Race Director they said that the #55 was only sitting out the first practice session. We will know if that is the case in half an hour.
Yeah, maybe the "security deposit" check was small, so Bridgestone only gave the team a smaller number of tires.

G.
06-17-05, 05:03 PM
55 present and accounted for.

The Doctor
06-17-05, 05:03 PM
Bremer's on track, everyone can calm down now.

KLang
06-17-05, 05:04 PM
3 min Ronnie Bremer (R)(#55) improved to 4th with a time of 1:04.347s (109.879mph).

cameraman
06-17-05, 05:27 PM
They actually did manage to lose some tires...

:saywhat: :shakehead

jonovision_man
06-17-05, 05:28 PM
Whew, good thing nobody went off jumping to conculsions, they might look a little silly!

;)

jono

Dr. Corkski
06-17-05, 05:47 PM
Whew, good thing nobody went off jumping to conculsions, they might look a little silly!

;)

jonoDamn, and I just bought this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/shoeverine/jumpto.jpg

cart7
06-17-05, 06:29 PM
I wonder if KK could set up a PayPal account so future ride buyers can merely log on and transfer the funds seamlessly.

I guess Ronnie gets :thumbup: feedback.

swift
06-17-05, 06:52 PM
aren't all the racing bridgestone's bar-coded, mounted to the rims by bridgestone (not the teams), and returned to their lab for post-race analysis? supposedly they can trace the day/batch a certain tire was made, which mould was used, etc... probably leveraging their racing participation for R&D purposes.

so if you lose a tire, you probably lose some sort of security deposit, and you're not getting new tires until you make another security deposit (pure speculation on my part)

this is different than yokohama, who will let spectators keep used atlantics tires as souvenirs.

nrc
06-18-05, 12:58 AM
aren't all the racing bridgestone's bar-coded, mounted to the rims by bridgestone (not the teams), and returned to their lab for post-race analysis? I don't know the details, but I do recall that every tire is returned to Bridgestone.

cameraman
06-18-05, 01:39 AM
At the races the teams are issued the tires mounted so if they lost some tires then it would stand to reason that they lost some wheels with them.

KLang
06-18-05, 10:09 AM
just the work of street race hatin' xenophobic D&Gers. :gomer:

It seems you were correct about that part. :laugh:

Keith Wiggins, the managing director and owner of HVM Inc., suspects someone simply walked off with the tires -- which weigh 40 to 50 pounds apiece with rims -- after the Milwaukee Champ Car race.

"I think it's probably safe to say they're in someone's basement serving as a coffee table," Wiggins said. "But it's difficult to really comment, because we don't know where (the tires) are."

link (http://www.oregonlive.com/motorsports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1119089505131700.xml&coll=7&thispage=1)

JT265
06-18-05, 08:03 PM
Well, you guys can hate all you want, but I know for a fact that if Bob Siska had the seat he would never lose his tires. :gomer: