PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing this Father's Day?

RacinM3
06-17-05, 12:02 PM
As some of you may know, my wife and I had our first child in February of this year.

So, this year I get to enjoy my first Father's Day, which as I understand is a golden ticket to do whatever damn well I want, without the normal list of mundane chores on the agenda.

So, here's my plan for wearing out the couch cushions. Please refrain from stating that Father's Day is Sunday, not Saturday. It's Father's Day weekend , dammit. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:

Saturday:

6:30 am 24 Hours of Le Mans The Start

10:00 am Formula One Practice United States Grand Prix

11:00 am Formula One Qualifying US Grand Prix

2:30 pm 24 Hours of Le Mans Night

4:30 pm 24 Hours of Le Mans Night

9:00 pm 24 Hours of Le Mans Dawn

Sunday

3:00 am 24 Hours of Le Mans The Finish

7:30 am Formula 1 Preview US Grand Prix

10:00 am Inside Grand Prix United States Grand Prix

10:30 am Formula One United States Grand Prix

12:30 pm Champ Car Portland

2:00 pm Grand-Am Cup Series Watkins Glen

"Scott, I need you to go out and rake the - " - "Quiet woman, get me a beer!"

:laugh: :p

Sean O'Gorman
06-17-05, 12:17 PM
Same thing I did on Mother's Day, autocrossing. :)

Every year I ask my dad to autocross with me on Father's Day and every year he declines. He doesn't like the fact that when I was under 17 he could kick my ass in racing video games for hours on end and when we'd go to Malibu GP, and now he can't come close to me. :laugh:

RichK
06-17-05, 12:32 PM
RM3: Great post! I'm printing it out as we speak, and I'll be posting it on the fridge tonight. :thumbup:

RacinM3
06-17-05, 12:52 PM
Rich, you may want to cut off the "quiet woman, go get me a beer part". I'm no homewrecker. :gomer:

Gnam
06-17-05, 01:07 PM
It's Father's Day weekend , dammit
Careful. You take a weekend, she'll want a week for Mother's Day. ;)

G.
06-17-05, 01:12 PM
As some of you may know, my wife and I had our first child in February of this year.
Congrats! I must have missed that info. B or G?

Father's Day, which as I understand is a golden ticket to do whatever damn well I want, without the normal list of mundane chores on the agenda.Um, good luck with that. Really. :laugh: With a 4-5 month old?? I assume that you gave mom the day off on Mother's day, right?

Me, light yardwork (hey, I enjoy it!), maybe some auto stuff (gotta get them plugs changed!), neighbor's party, play with the kids (hopfully LOTS), stain swingset, drink too much beer, cook with flames, etc.

But if any one of you kids or Mrs. G. think that they are going to turn my races off, even if I'm just taking a leak, there will be hell to pay! I mean, "read the tragic story in the newspaper" hell to pay! :laugh:

All good. :thumbup:

RacinM3
06-17-05, 01:40 PM
Little girl.....Emily.....she's AWESOME.

http://mystudio.kiddiekandids.com/scratch/TYBCUIYLHE47Z7Y3-XTWYJ.jpg

Actually, I don't think I announced it here.

And yes, mom got mother's day off which, as I understand the rules, entitles me to 2 days this weekend.

Please do not contradict this. She occasionally comes here. :laugh:

racer2c
06-17-05, 02:04 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your first M3! :thumbup:

My sis and I are taking my dad to brunch and then down to watch the Devil Rays play the Cardinals.

RichK
06-17-05, 02:05 PM
Rich, you may want to cut off the "quiet woman, go get me a beer part". I'm no homewrecker. :gomer:

That's the only part I printed.... :confused:

:laugh:

Great picture, BTW!

KLang
06-17-05, 02:17 PM
I'm not a father so I'll be working in the yard, watching the Portland race, and making Beer Can Chicken for my wife's visiting relatives. :saywhat:

Racing Truth
06-17-05, 02:29 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your first M3! :thumbup:

My sis and I are taking my dad to brunch and then down to watch the Devil Rays play the Cardinals.

I second the congrats to M3. :cool:

As for your second part, since when have the D-Rays actually played pro baseball? :gomer:

racer2c
06-17-05, 02:34 PM
I second the congrats to M3. :cool:

As for your second part, since when have the D-Rays actually played pro baseball? :gomer:

There's one good thing about being a fan of a crap team, you can sit anywhere! :)

TKGAngel
06-17-05, 04:56 PM
Taking grandfather #1 (Mom's father) to breakfast. Then giving my father his gift (book on history of Buffalo railroading) when he comes home from work, then heading out to my aunt's house for grandfather #2's (dad's father) combination birthday party and father's day fiesta.

No racing for me unless its before leaving for the party or on the VCR afterwards.

rabbit
06-17-05, 05:00 PM
I am flying home ( w00t!! :) ) from Washington D.C. so I can see my wife and daughter for the first time in two weeks.

oddlycalm
06-17-05, 05:37 PM
Congratulations on fatherhood M3. Great picture, cute kid. On that beer fetching business, is there some kind of training program that worked for you...?

oc

RacinM3
06-17-05, 05:52 PM
Yes, but the wife's onto me, and I don't think I have much time. So, while most parents wait impatiently for first words like "mama" or "dada", I'm waiting for "dada do you want lime with that?"

dando
06-17-05, 07:06 PM
Congrats, M3. That's a lotta hair for 4 mos. old. What a cutie! :thumbup:

What M3 said. :thumbup: Father's Day #2 for me. Carolanne Marie @ 19 mos:

http://images.snapfish.com/343%3C27%3B523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3B89%3D7 49%3DXROQDF%3E2323884%3A56638ot1lsi

Folks, post more pics of your younguns.

-Kevin

cart7
06-17-05, 08:52 PM
Startin my Fathers day weekend off right by watchin Driven on UPN. :thumbup: :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
06-17-05, 08:56 PM
So am I, except you apparently think it is a good thing? :saywhat:

I'm being asked by my coworkers "why are they driving cars on public roads?", and "are all crashes that bad in real life?"

cart7
06-17-05, 09:30 PM
Just harkening back to when Cart ran those great races like the German Grand Prix on a road course. :saywhat:

Andretti in the Visteon car. Super duper sub Memo Moreno. Max Papis and his attempt to dock with the International Space station.

ahhh... the memories. :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
06-17-05, 11:15 PM
I'm at the F1 race with my son and girlfriend. Excellent way to spend Father's Day!

Ankf00
06-18-05, 03:22 AM
uh... nothing. :gomer:

nz_climber
06-18-05, 05:19 AM
Well i am not a father (that i know of.... ) and our fathers days isn't until september ish somtime.

But congrats to you M3 :) and every other dad up that way :)