85 Coronel / Crevels / Merksteijn GT2: Spyker Squadron
590 Petersen / Long / Bernhard GT2: White Lightning
591 Pompidou/ Blanchemain/Yamagishi GT2: T2M Motorsport
592 Macari / Ericsson / Wilson GT1: Cirtek Motorsport
593 Kinch / Kirkaldy / Reid GT2: Scuderia Ecosse
595 Hartshorne / Stanton / Johnson GT2: Racesport Peninsula

Easy
06-16-05, 10:38 AM
Pescarolo has been fastest in every session so far. Is this finally the year the R8 is toppled?

I don't think so.

TrueBrit
06-16-05, 03:26 PM
I would be very surprised to see something other than an Audi win this weekend...but it will be fun watching them have to work for it this time....

GO ASTON MARTIN!!!!! :D

tllips
06-16-05, 04:02 PM
Entry list

Le Mans 24 Hour
N° Driver Team

78 Sellers / Franchitti / Bourdais GT2: Panoz Motor Sports

:saywhat:

not really Mr. Judd or Seabass - but related (http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=187302&FS=ALMS-LEMANS)

Threw me for a loop anyway.

Racing Truth
06-16-05, 07:47 PM
Pescarolo sweeps front row, Audi 3 secs. off on raw speed. (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/17630/)

Fio1
06-16-05, 11:51 PM
I'm pulling for the Oreca Audi to win it, but would be happy if a Courage wins. They've been faithful to Le Mans for a looooooong time. Pescarolo's ran Courages until recently. I'm also hoping the Racing for Holland team does well, it's good to see Elton Julian back in something. And, would love it if Flying Lizzard scores a win in GT2 & the Vette beats the Aston Martins... :cool:

extramundane
06-17-05, 09:34 AM
[...] but would be happy if a Courage wins. They've been faithful to Le Mans for a looooooong time.

Apparently it's been rewarded, as simply possessing a Courage seems to be qualification enough to get an entry this year.

Pescarolo's ran Courages until recently.

Still do. They're just heavily modified (and apparently for the better).

Methanolandbrats
06-18-05, 12:18 PM
Why don't they air condition closed cockpit cars? For the few HP it would cost, would'nt you get it back in fewer driver changes and less fatigue?

Jag_Warrior
06-18-05, 12:32 PM
Why don't they air condition closed cockpit cars? For the few HP it would cost, would'nt you get it back in fewer driver changes and less fatigue?

Seems like being relatively comfortable would affect driver performance over longer periods of time. It would be interesting to see a company try to develop a system that wouldn't sap hp and address what you're saying - then roll it out to the consumer market. :cool: The "cool suit" concept seems to work for some, not so well for others.

dando
06-18-05, 12:42 PM
Next yer gonna want cupholders in them things. :gomer: Adding AC would prolly end up adding complexity and more **** to break. JMHO.

-Kevin

NismoZ
06-18-05, 12:53 PM
So, Audi 1-2-3 at 3 hrs. Throw the debris yellow!

pchall
06-18-05, 03:10 PM
Lets see... compressor and evaporator and a small blower system. Run the compressor with a small electric motor off the electrical system. There has to be enought ballast in a P1 coupe to take out that would make it a worthwhile and easy installation. They could even plumb the a/c output right into the driver's suit like an astronaut.

Ankf00
06-18-05, 04:11 PM
auxiliary power units, Hamilton Sundstrand turbine APU's are on almost every major airliner...

just stick a little fan out into the cooling duct or something, let it create electric power, then run the comressor off of that electric power... solve the weight issue and you're golden.

Racing Truth
06-18-05, 04:45 PM
D@mn timing and scoring won't work for me. :mad:

Appears that we have a Champion 1-2, with the 17 Pescarolo in 3rd, 2 laps behind the lead.

Racing Truth
06-18-05, 05:17 PM
Figured out the T&S. #3 Audi 1 lap ahead of #2 Audi. The plucky Dome in P3, 2 laps behind. 17 Pescarolo 3 laps off in 6th

Racing Truth
06-18-05, 05:21 PM
T&S link. (http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/chronos/24h.htm)

cart7
06-18-05, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the T & S link RT. :cool:

Racing Truth
06-18-05, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the T & S link RT. :cool:

Not sure about it though. It's been showing the Dome in P3 ahead of the Oreca Audi, but Speed has an Audi 1-2-3. Not that I totally trust Speed.

Racing Truth
06-18-05, 07:08 PM
:blog: Well, I'm guessing the Oreca is in serious trouble, as its plummeting now. :blog:

TedN
06-18-05, 07:14 PM
You can also listen in HERE (http://journal.autosport-atlas.com/2005/lemans/radio.html) . It's free.

Ted

DaveL
06-18-05, 08:10 PM
I think I'd enjoy the race more if Speed actually, oh I dunno, covered it. The announcers keep talking about all of the "great battles" and yadda yadda yadda but alll I'm seeing is guys being interviewed for 15 minutes to shill for ALMS, along with scenes from the pits with no explaination.

DaveL
06-18-05, 08:41 PM
Quote of the race so far: " :confused: What was the question? :confused:"-Vanina Ickx

Don Quixote
06-18-05, 09:32 PM
Quote of the race so far: " :confused: What was the question? :confused:"-Vanina Ickx
That was sweet. Rule of thumb in an interview: If the question takes longer than 10 seconds to ask, don't ask it. :laugh:

pchall
06-18-05, 10:44 PM
After twelve hours plus that Pescarolo-Judd is running hard in 3rd place, three laps down. Too bad the car lost laps to the leader with small problems rather early.

The Corvette and Aston Martin are at it hard on the same lap.

This is almost good enough to keep me up all night. Now, if the Globecast of Radio LeMans would only stay on reliably I'd settle in with a book...

cart7
06-18-05, 10:46 PM
Hmmm....

Pescarolo Judds are turning lap times 10 seconds faster than the Audi's, Lehto complains that the cars are slow. Someone do the math.

The number 16 is only 3 laps down, can he catch the Audi's in the time remaining by running 10 sec. a lap faster than the front runners?

Ohh, nevermind I did it myself. Barring any unforseen problems, the #16 should catch and pass the #3 Audi at around 3:30am CST or 9:30am their time. That;s if they continue to lap a 10 seconds faster than the Audi's.

TrueBrit
06-18-05, 10:47 PM

That was an absolute classic!

The look on her face as she walked away from the interview was priceless...

Calvin Fish really, really, REALLY needs to learn how to interview better...

BTW..Vanina is quite the hottie... :thumbup:

TrueBrit
06-18-05, 10:49 PM
After twelve hours plus that Pescarolo-Judd is running hard in 3rd place, three laps down. Too bad the car lost laps to the leader with small problems rather early.

The Corvette and Aston Martin are at it hard on the same lap.

This is almost good enough to keep me up all night.

Whaddya mean almost... ;)

DaveL
06-18-05, 11:05 PM
The look on her face as she walked away from the interview was priceless...

The look said, "Get away from me, LOSER"

Calvin Fish really, really, REALLY needs to learn how to interview better...

Can't blame it on a language barrier either. I didn't know what the hell Fish was asking either.

BTW..Vanina is quite the hottie... :thumbup:

Danica who?

TrueBrit
06-18-05, 11:08 PM
Danica who?

My thoughts EXACTLY.... :D

Ankf00
06-19-05, 12:23 AM
heh, she's pretty cute...

and she actually looks like a woman instead of a 3rd grader... but then again, haven't seen her out of a drivers suit so heh

dando
06-19-05, 01:10 AM
Hmmm....

Pescarolo Judds are turning lap times 10 seconds faster than the Audi's, Lehto complains that the cars are slow. Someone do the math.

The number 16 is only 3 laps down, can he catch the Audi's in the time remaining by running 10 sec. a lap faster than the front runners?

Ohh, nevermind I did it myself. Barring any unforseen problems, the #16 should catch and pass the #3 Audi at around 3:30am CST or 9:30am their time. That;s if they continue to lap a 10 seconds faster than the Audi's.
Now down two laps in second place after McNish stuffed the other Audi into the tire barrier. Just set fast lap again @ 3:34 and change. They should be making up ~3 min./hour (10/lap @ ~17 laps/hour). Looks like they've been averaging more like 5-6 per lap, tho. Yellows could be a factor, 2.

Looks like the 91 car was a bit toasty, but the commentators didn't pick up on that w/the corner workers walking around w/exstinguishers? :saywhat:

-Kevin

devilmaster
06-19-05, 04:55 AM
heh, she's pretty cute...

and she actually looks like a woman instead of a 3rd grader... but then again, haven't seen her out of a drivers suit so heh

ask, and you shall receive......

http://www.vaninaickx.com/images/24heures_du_mans_2005/test_day/004_big.jpg

pchall
06-19-05, 07:33 AM
Last Update : 19/06/2005 à 13:30:24

1 3 Champion Racing LEHTO, WERNER, KRISTENSEN Audi R8 LM1 ==331== 3:39.781 3:44.204
2 16 Pescarolo Sport COLLARD, BOULLION, COMAS Pescarolo Judd LM1 ==330== 3:34.968 3:41.672

Meanwhile the lead Vette and the lead Aston Martin are on the same lap and still duking it out.

2.5 hours to go.

cart7
06-19-05, 07:43 AM
Not enough time for the No. 16 apparently. The 10 second lap difference didn't hold up over the night though they did make up 2 laps. :thumbup:

cart7
06-19-05, 08:31 AM
Another lengthy pit to clean out radiators for the 16, they're toast. :(

dando
06-19-05, 09:20 AM
So what happened to the other Aston? I saw on live timing ~4:30am EDT that the 'vette had caught and passed them, but never heard how. I assume they retired for some reason since only one is listed in timing & scoring.

-Kevin

pchall
06-19-05, 09:30 AM
The #16 Pescarolo had a good run and made this race a lot more interesting than the expected R8 romp.

dando
06-19-05, 09:32 AM
The #16 Pescarolo had a good run and made this race a lot more interesting than the expected R8 romp.
And set fast lap by ~5 seconds. :thumbup:

-Kevin

cart7
06-19-05, 10:11 AM
So what happened to the other Aston? I saw on live timing ~4:30am EDT that the 'vette had caught and passed them, but never heard how. I assume they retired for some reason since only one is listed in timing & scoring.

-Kevin

I think they both went out at almost the same time. One had a loss of fuel pressure and parked it on the circuit, the other was in a lengthy pitstop for a radiator leak.

NismoZ
06-19-05, 11:08 PM
See below :gomer:

NismoZ
06-19-05, 11:10 PM
Yeah, "loss of fuel pressure." That's what happens when there's no more fuel to press! And a leak? Who would have suspected that in a British machine!? (Ours just EXPLODE!) How 'bout those Corvettes, eh TB? :p I look forward to a full season of Team Rahal in ALMS next year. Perhaps then you'll be able to see your "love interest" turning right. :)

Dr. Corkski
06-20-05, 01:57 AM
Tom Kristensen. Again. :thumbup: