PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Lazzaro?

cameraman
06-15-05, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know where Anthony Lazzaro is driving this year?
I had heard he was part of the Maserati team but I don't see him listed in any results anywhere.

Spicoli
06-15-05, 02:29 PM
wgaf?

;) sorry.

Easy
06-15-05, 02:52 PM
GT2 Ferrari 360 in ALMS. Risi Competizione

pchall
06-15-05, 03:30 PM
Didn't Lazarro wall his FF2000 a few times in that old Hooters sponsored short track winter series in FL? Didn't notice him much after that...

Sean O'Gorman
06-15-05, 04:17 PM
Didn't Lazarrowall his FF2000 a few times in that old Hooters sponsored short track winter series in FL? Didn't notice him much after that...

You must not have noticed him beat Tagliani, Rice, and Cornish for the Atlantics championship in '99...

Tim
06-15-05, 04:55 PM
Lazzaro's problem was he won when he was in his mid-thirties.

cameraman
06-15-05, 06:30 PM
GT2 Ferrari 360 in ALMS. Risi Competizione

That car was not at Sebring, Mid-Ohio or RA.

DagoFast
06-15-05, 08:38 PM
Wasnt he the guy who walled the PPG Acura NSX at Fontana doing hotlaps with a Japaneese vip from like Panasonic?

That's gotta be a career killer.

Mebee we could get him to give Robert Clarke a ride in the two seater. :D

Dr. Corkski
06-15-05, 08:45 PM
That was Andrew Bordin.

JohnnyQ
06-15-05, 09:59 PM
Didn't Lazarro wall his FF2000 a few times in that old Hooters sponsored short track winter series in FL? Didn't notice him much after that...

Actually he won the championship both years it ran. After all is said and done...the guy can wheel a car. His age killed him.

Ziggy
06-15-05, 10:45 PM
Lazarro broke his neck in a Busch car IIRC, then rehabed and went back to some form of SportsCar..... like one of the slower types. Reading between the lines he was either out of money, or damaged goods.

Dont know if either scenario is correct, but it's pretty much how it works

FCYTravis
06-15-05, 10:51 PM
He was last seen in that Risi car but it seems to have disappeared for this year.

theunions
06-16-05, 12:48 AM
Lazarro broke his neck in a Busch car IIRC, then rehabed and went back to some form of SportsCar..... like one of the slower types. Reading between the lines he was either out of money, or damaged goods.

Dont know if either scenario is correct, but it's pretty much how it works

He broke his neck in his stock car debut (ARCA Talladega, c. Aug. 1999), then recuperated in time to last half a season in Cal Wells' McDonalds BGN entry in early 2000 before (like Pruett) being canned for developing his stock car skills too slowly/being too loyal. He then inherited the PDM IRL ride from Hornish in 2002, where he finally got spooked during the Month of May and pretty much nuked his open wheel career. He ran SRPII for Rand in GA all that year, which I think was pretty much his last full-time ride.

JohnHKart
06-16-05, 05:59 AM
Lazzarro also won the 96 Milwaukee Atlantic Race, with I think his own team, underfunded, low budget....that was pretty impressive. That's what put him on the map and led to his later rides.

http://www.toyotaatlantic.com/Results/ResultsIndex.asp?ID=40

John

cameraman
06-16-05, 12:41 PM
Well, he had a pretty good 2004. He drove a Ferrari 360 Modena GTC with Ralf Kelleners at six races. They won in class at Lime Rock and were second in class at Petit Le Mans. That ain't too shabby in my view.

I just have not seen any Ferrari 360 at a race so far this year. I haven't seen Ralf Kelleners this year either except as the third driver at Sebring in the Saleen.

theunions
06-16-05, 04:48 PM
I just have not seen any Ferrari 360 at a race so far this year. I haven't seen Ralf Kelleners this year either except as the third driver at Sebring in the Saleen.

He was the fifth driver for Bell at the Rolex 24.

JohnnyQ
06-16-05, 06:33 PM
Lazzarro also won the 96 Milwaukee Atlantic Race, with I think his own team, underfunded, low budget....that was pretty impressive. That's what put him on the map and led to his later rides.

http://www.toyotaatlantic.com/Results/ResultsIndex.asp?ID=40

John

That's right. He creamed two a-holes that eventually went onto CART and did squat. Tag and Carpentier.

From what I heard he was set to take over PDM's Cart ride until rent a ride DaMatta came along.

FCYTravis
09-30-05, 02:07 AM
<bump> because I found him!

He's working as a driver coach for Peter Baron's SAMAX Grand-Am GT and DP team. He and Gurney had a nice chat at Watkins Glen.