PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain what just happened to JPM

Andrew Longman
06-12-05, 02:43 PM
I am becoming more and more convinced that F1 has lost all ability to run a race.

Rule after rule only seems to serve to keep cars off the track. :thumdown:

TrueBrit
06-12-05, 02:57 PM
I am becoming more and more convinced that F1 has lost all ability to run a race.

Rule after rule only seems to serve to keep cars off the track. :thumdown:

Is it a stupid rule? Yes.

Is it a rule and therefore has to be adhered to? Yes.

JPM blew it.

rabbit
06-12-05, 03:06 PM
JPM blew it.Careful, the CBS censors might bleep you for that one.

Lizzerd
06-12-05, 03:08 PM
Whatever happened, happened during the five minutes of the race that I missed. He "drove through a red light?" What happened??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

TrueBrit
06-12-05, 03:08 PM
Careful, the CBS censors might bleep you for that one.

:D

Mark521
06-12-05, 03:11 PM
Is it a stupid rule? Yes.

Is it a rule and therefore has to be adhered to? Yes.

JPM blew it.

Who called the car in?
Who released the car from the pit stall?
Bring the car in and sending it back out when it would be struck at the end of pit lane is usually not the best strategy. The team should have a better handle on where the safety car is in relationship to where their cars are. JPM had bad luck with the timing of JB's accident, but the timing of bring the car in (thus letting it back out again) is purely up to the team, not the driver.

TrueBrit
06-12-05, 03:13 PM
That may be the case, and the strategy definitely worked in Kimi's favour, but I am pretty sure JPM knows the difference between a red light and a green light...

Mark521
06-12-05, 03:16 PM
That may be the case, and the strategy definitely worked in Kimi's favour, but I am pretty sure JPM knows the difference between a red light and a green light...

So he should have locked them up at the end of the pit staright because the team didn't know what was going on?

I'm sure his two race old engine wouldn't have minded at brief "cooking" period while he waited for the parade went by. It would have been better to wait in the pit box, unless JPM pulled up the lollypop by himself.

TrueBrit
06-12-05, 03:20 PM
So he should have locked them up at the end of the pit staright because the team didn't know what was going on?

I'm sure his two race old engine wouldn't have minded at brief "cooking" period while he waited for the parade went by. It would have been better to wait in the pit box, unless JPM pulled up the lollypop by himself.

..yeah, so his engine could cook right there...

..bottom line is that it is a bloody stupid rule...and it is even more stupid to ignore the red light.

Mark521
06-12-05, 03:58 PM
..yeah, so his engine could cook right there...

..bottom line is that it is a bloody stupid rule...and it is even more stupid to ignore the red light.

I believe you can use the little blowers in your pit stall. If you can tell me that the team warned JPM that the red light was comming, then I'll blame him, if not then the team is (imho) responsible.

TorontoWorker
06-12-05, 09:17 PM
Red/Green lights have been in use the world over for every road race series I can remember. Every kid in Formula Ford knows you don't blow past a red light at pit out!

As well: Did everyone had to see the pass under steady yellow?

I guess he'll learn race craft at another team... :rofl:

Andrew Longman
06-12-05, 09:42 PM
Red/Green lights have been in use the world over for every road race series I can remember. Every kid in Formula Ford knows you don't blow past a red light at pit out!

As well: Did everyone had to see the pass under steady yellow?

I guess he'll learn race craft at another team... :rofl:

Not excusing blowing through a red light, but a) why was a light necessary anyway? Why can't they blend into the line as any other (NA) series does? If he came into the line at the wrong spot, then why not just move him back while still under yellow? and b) why is the penalty a disqualifucation? A drive through or stop and go is not severe enough? The fans and sponsors that want to see the car and JPM are of no importance?

I'm sorry, but especially with regard to safefy car procedure, F1 hasn't a clue.

Lizzerd
06-12-05, 11:55 PM
I'm sorry, but especially with regard to safefy car procedure, F1 hasn't a clue.

Case in point: USGP 2004, Chin Junior smacks the wall. Safety car comes out. I don't remember where it gathered Chin Senior, who was P1 (probably after pit out). Chin Senior's Lap Dog was P2. Lap Dog slows the field, creating a huge gap between him and his boss allowing Chin Senior to get in and out of the pit before Lap Dog arrives in the pit. I don't actually recall if Chin Senior came out P1 (I think he did), but if he didn't, he and Lap Dog were both a stop ahead of anybody who didn't pit, and both were still ahead of those that did pit.

Yep, FIA/F1 needs to fix the Safety car thing.

Dr. Corkski
06-13-05, 12:30 AM
McLaren screwed the pooch, they only have themselves to blame for their piss poor execution of team orders. Their #2 driver was ahead of Kimi on the road, but not by enough of a margin that #2 missed the pits while Kimi made it in with time to spare. #2 was not told about the safety car because Uncle Ron wanted his boytoy Kimi to get ahead (smart move since Kimi is his only chance at the title). It was absolutely idiotic to leave #2 out there to do an extra lap, because at that point the 3rd place car (Schumacher) was so far behind that both should have been able to pit at the same time and get out still 1-2.

Still, #2 should have been given a drive thru for passing Cubehead during the safety car period.

trauma1
06-13-05, 09:03 AM
what's with the FIA and thier decisions they make no sense, JPM kinda got screwed, and i thought kniefle when he was in ccws was an ass clown,

cart7
06-13-05, 09:22 AM
According to Matchett on WT last night, Kimi was due in that lap because of a suspected hydraulics problem. The team had about 10 seconds to decide whether to pit Kimi or JPM. The red light only comes on when the safety car is passing the pit lane, otherwise the light is green. Apparently, Juan was not upset about what happened.