Ankf00
06-12-05, 02:31 PM
HOLD ON TO YOUR HOLLYHOCKS!

RusH
06-12-05, 02:33 PM
CBS bleeped out "screwed" for DD`s desciption of JPM`s pitstop. :rofl:

Ankf00
06-12-05, 02:36 PM
he needs to quit fellating the Chin, he's 2nd b/c 4 others ahead of him dropped out, not because he's got bounce in his step :rolleyes:

TrueBrit
06-12-05, 02:58 PM
CBS bleeped out "screwed" for DD`s desciption of JPM`s pitstop. :rofl:

..but curiously didn't bleep out the second and third utterances of the phrase later in the race...

Fairly average coverage of an exciting race...

rabbit
06-12-05, 03:05 PM
I normally enjoy Daly's insights. But I was ready to jump through the screen and bitchslap him the next time he interrupted Shaheen and changed the subject. :shakehead

RusH
06-12-05, 03:23 PM
..but curiously didn't bleep out the second and third utterances of the phrase later in the race...

Fairly average coverage of an exciting race...

Hmmm, maybe he said F***ed, sorry mod :)

Racing Truth
06-12-05, 07:12 PM
Daly offered absolutely NOTHING insightful today. When he said "Hang on to your Hollyhocks" for the thousandth time, I started swearing profusely.

Scary thought: Daly and Goodyear in the same booth. :gomer: :eek:

RTKar
06-12-05, 07:19 PM
Daly offered absolutely NOTHING insightful today. When he said "Hang on to your Hollyhocks" for the thousandth time, I started swearing profusely.

Someone with more recent experience in F1, Herbert maybe (?) but he still drives here and there. Who would be a good replacement?

Mike Kellner
06-12-05, 07:34 PM
Who would be a good replacement?

David Hobbs & Speed. Hopefully all F1 races will be on Speed next year.

mk

RTKar
06-12-05, 10:26 PM
Who would be a good replacement?

mk

I do like Hobbs and I much prefer Speed but if some races are on network, which could become more likely if Scott Speed gets a drive & produces results....

racer2c
06-12-05, 10:57 PM
Well, well, well. :)

Rogue Leader
06-12-05, 11:17 PM
Usually I'm cool with Daly... today I wanted to tell him to STFU!

Jervis Tetch 1
06-12-05, 11:40 PM
Was it me or did I hear DD say "Look, look, look, look, look, look, look!"

Seven times twice!

I like DD too, but yeah, I was yearning for Bob Varsha and David Hobbs big time.

Tony George
06-12-05, 11:57 PM
DD says F1 is the best because they spend so much money!!! :gomer:

Lizzerd
06-13-05, 12:01 AM
DD belongs in the pits. At the race track, I mean. In that role, I do like him.

He was supposed to be an analyst today, but kept interrupting and changing subject, then going on about something else. He never shut up.

Dr. Corkski
06-13-05, 12:24 AM
This should be changed to the "Derek Daly Futility Thread". That useless douchebag offered absoultely insightful and manage to make those two idiots calling the crapwagon race yesterday look like Murray Walker.

For some reason that disgrace kept on mentioning how 9th would be JV's best finish, and everyone knows how much of a JV fanboy I am :gomer:, but even I knew he finished 2nd there in 96. Of course, a PROFESSIONAL announcer by the name of Bob Varsha mentioned that yesterday.

CBS has been lucky so far that 2 out of the 3 races have been better than average, yet they could ruin that by allowing that unprofessional douchebag to say anything. Hell I don't even wish him upon crapwagon viewers. All 5 of them anyway.

FanofMario
06-13-05, 12:52 AM
Well,well,well.......DD just sucks! I wonder if the guy has to be seatbelted when placed in front of the monitor back in NYC. He sucks and so does his NASCAB buddy. The Speed crew has it all over these Hollyhocks. CBS somehow has managed to make the ESPN/IRL race in Texas sound competent. :rolleyes:

oddlycalm
06-13-05, 05:58 PM
Daly is ok as a pit announcer, Shaheen is probably fine in NASCAR, but since I don't watch I really can't say. Regardless, they suck 20 bars of vacuum between them on an F1 broadcast. Total unadulterated suckage. :thumdown:

I have no real desire to sit through the race again, but I'll probably have Replay record the Speed broadcast Friday and at least step through it. It was a very eventful race right from the start and I'm curious what Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett have to say about it. Probably a better use of my time than Friday practice from the place TG killed.

oc

cameraman
06-13-05, 06:24 PM
I like Daly but not in this F1 gig. He is not even close to the Speed trio's level and Shaheen's blathering on about Schumi's motorcycles while somebody's car was falling apart on the track was even worse. The coverage was terrible.

I need to watch the Speed coverage Friday night just to cleanse my mind...
:shakehead

oddlycalm
06-13-05, 08:55 PM
Shaheen's blathering on about Schumi's motorcycles while somebody's car was falling apart on the track was even worse. The coverage was terrible. It's impossible to break the bad habits the pro wrestling-like environments NASCAR and the EARL ingrains in announcers and members of the race press and they should never be used to cover real racing. It's a major culture clash.

The nose pickers may find the too-boring-for-words off-track life of Jimmy Ray Whatsoever to be endlessly fascinating, but most F1 fans already know that successful F1 drivers spend most of their lives training, testing, training some more, and traveling to a race/test or finding an odd moment to decompress. Big news... :shakehead
oc

Methanolandbrats
06-13-05, 10:12 PM
Ralph and Daly are brainless arseholes. Rah, rah, blah, blah......all they do is babble ****. Might as well have the TV on mute. Why did Schumi pit early out of sequence.......who the **** knows........well I'll tell ya who...Matchett and Hobbs. CBS sucks.

FCYTravis
06-13-05, 11:28 PM
Daly was awesome in the Champ Car gig... but he's lost his touch or something. Just plain out of it with F1 :saywhat: :shakehead

indyfan31
06-14-05, 01:23 AM
mk

Not likely. The kid who put this together ( I say "kid" because he's 18) will be trying to get more F1 races on CBS next year. Bernie turned over the broadcast rights to him for these 3 races because he like the kid's business plan for increasing the popularity of F1 in the States.

Easy
06-14-05, 10:43 AM

GOODYEAR: Now, you've just heard Derek mention Hollyhocks, Hollyhocks are what we refer to as....

JoeBob
06-14-05, 12:12 PM
Daly would be a great host of a show like Wind Bag. But, Despain already has that gig.

I can think of worse things than Daly never being part of another race broadcast.

G.
06-14-05, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Racing Truth

Scary thought: Daly and Goodyear in the same booth.
GOODYEAR: Now, you've just heard Derek mention Hollyhocks, Hollyhocks are what we refer to as....Question: sugary soda is bad for computer monitors, but diet soda is ok, right?

:rofl: :rofl:

oddlycalm
06-14-05, 02:18 PM
Daly would be a great host of a show like Wind Bag. The ideal gig for Shaheen would be a show called Douche Bag. It would have lots of lifestyle segments and interviews with drivers in NASCAR, ARCA, EARL, etc. Because I really do give a flying flip about what kinda motorcoach and yappy dog some mid-pack driver and his southern fried bimbo old lady have. :thumdown:

oc

Racing Truth
06-14-05, 02:21 PM
GOODYEAR: Now, you've just heard Derek mention Hollyhocks, Hollyhocks are what we refer to as....

:rofl: :rofl: :laugh:

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Grunschev
06-14-05, 05:53 PM
The ideal gig for Shaheen would be ...

I thought Shaheen did an excellent job when with the WRC broadcasts. Needless to say I've been disappointed with his subsequent work.

This broadcast was unusually bad. Didn't at one point somebody say that whoever was in 10th place was in the final points paying position? Things that make you go :shakehead

Igor

TrueBrit
06-15-05, 10:20 AM
This broadcast was unusually bad. Didn't at one point somebody say that whoever was in 10th place was in the final points paying position? Things that make you go :shakehead

Igor

Yep, it was Daly who said that..... :saywhat:

Wheel-Nut
06-15-05, 10:57 AM
What's wrong with Daly?
He is still the best power player in the PGA, and he doesn't mind having a beer after a round.

eiregosod
06-15-05, 01:43 PM
All the Daly-hate, who in their right mind would constantly get up at 6am in the USA just to keep up to date with F1? ;)

Racing Truth
06-15-05, 01:49 PM
All the Daly-hate, who in their right mind would constantly get up at 6am in the USA just to keep up to date with F1? ;)

:Sigh: If only that were so. See, CBS has broadcast 3 of the races, Imola, Canada, and IIRC, Barcelona on a same-day basis at about 1:00PM. Those are the Daly broadcasts, and we can't avoid 'em. :shakehead

Racing Truth
06-15-05, 01:51 PM
What's wrong with Daly?
He is still the best power player in the PGA, and he doesn't mind having a beer after a round.

How long before JD has an epic meltdown at Pinehurst this week? ;)

Hey, maybe a JD Futility thread is in order! :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
06-15-05, 02:03 PM
How long before JD has an epic meltdown at Pinehurst this week? ;)

:gomer:

Right after Tiger's!

eiregosod
06-15-05, 02:09 PM
:Sigh: If only that were so. See, CBS has broadcast 3 of the races, Imola, Canada, and IIRC, Barcelona on a same-day basis at about 1:00PM. Those are the Daly broadcasts, and we can't avoid 'em. :shakehead

;) what I meant was that DD doesnt get up early just to watch the speed broadcasts

Dr. Corkski
06-20-05, 04:29 AM
Douchebag Daly was still completely unprofessional and useless at the USGP. :shakehead

Trying to interrupt and cutoff an interview between Trulli and Louise Goodman. :thumdown:

Bitching about a penalty for a driver because his teammate outbraked himself. :thumdown: :thumdown:

Steve99
06-20-05, 04:31 PM
One nice thing about having at the USGP is that it kept him out of the booth for Portland.

Bitching about a penalty for a driver because his teammate outbraked himself. :thumdown: :thumdown:

I think by that point he was joking. Everything else was such a farce...

G.
06-20-05, 04:37 PM
I liked him this time. He held back no punches, no criticism. A few times he was interrupted by Varsha (I think) when he was about to go too far.

But then again, I never disliked him in the first place, so what do I know? :confused: