PDA

View Full Version : You know whats seriously annoying.....

Rogue Leader
06-11-05, 10:58 AM
All my friends and even aquaintences know I'm a rabid race fan. And I continuously get asked if I'm a huge Danica fan. B/c "shes so hot and she almost won indy!". I proceed usually to disect the crap that was her drive in that race and the fact she never won anything, ever! that usually ends it...

Still annoying though...

rjohnson999
06-11-05, 11:00 AM
Sounds overly defensive.

RTKar
06-11-05, 11:16 AM
Happened to be in a bar after the Cubs game yesterday...as soon as ESPN showed highlights of her, the guys standing around me turned their attention to the TV :shakehead instant race fans :confused: A bigger groan was heard though, when they showed a tape of Bracks explosion...

Methanolandbrats
06-11-05, 11:32 AM
I've had many people who never watch a race ask me if I saw the 500. Then they blather on about Danica. I just say I don't care and it's too long a subject to get into. They look confused and go away. Danicle mania hit hard on Memorial Day....in fact the mania had a pungent stench and demanded attention....but like a garlic fart, it will dissipate.

Ankf00
06-11-05, 01:22 PM
there's lots of billboards telling me to go north of Ft Worthless into South Oklahoma raceway....

Pacifico > South Oklahoma.

:gomer:

dando
06-11-05, 02:40 PM
The ascent was great, but the fall could be even greater:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=irl&id=2082322

I give her zero chance to live up to the hype.

-Kevin

oddlycalm
06-11-05, 04:45 PM
The ascent was great, but the fall could be even greater It not only could be, it will be since her chances of being able to live up to the hype are exactly zero. The article reiterates what I've been posting since before Indy; the maintream hype is a career killer.

oc

dando
06-11-05, 06:29 PM
All my friends and even aquaintences know I'm a rabid race fan. And I continuously get asked if I'm a huge Danica fan. B/c "shes so hot and she almost won indy!". I proceed usually to disect the crap that was her drive in that race and the fact she never won anything, ever! that usually ends it...

Still annoying though...
I get the same thing...folks who know I hate Indy wonder why I dis The Danicle. I just shake my head and say she hasn't won anything yet @ any level she's been on leading up to FIndy. :shakehead The curiosity will be long gone after this weekend.... :gomer:

Tiger backed it up on thr golf course. LeBron's performance has lived up to it thus far. However, if he doesn't win a championship, he won't be considered among the elite like Bird, Magic, or Jordan.

-Kevin

cart7
06-11-05, 06:34 PM
On a fishing forum, of all things, a bunch of em were talking up Danicle and how great she was and what a future she had. I interjected that in 3 years of lower tier racing she had never won even though she was in superior equipment.

A poster, obviously a Nascar fan said "but look how many laps she led at Indy!!"
:rolleyes:

I not only responded by saying she didn't lead the most important one but pointed out the all time lap leader, Michael Andretti, had never won the race.

trish
06-11-05, 06:36 PM
She doesn't have to live up to the hype. All she has to do is attract more eyeballs to her series.

dando
06-11-05, 07:06 PM
She doesn't have to live up to the hype. All she has to do is attract more eyeballs to her series.
Yes, she does, if she wants to attract long term attention. Golf galleries don't swell to huge proportions for John Daly anymore, but Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus attract huge galleries. I just witnessed that fact for myself last week across the street from my house @ Muirfield. If she doesn't win, the curiosity factor will diminish rapidly. Look @ Sarah as an example...she was still the fan favorite @ Indy in her last two years, but the buzz was gone because she couldn't get it done on the track. I've seen the ladies come and go over the years, and it's the same old story time and again. Let's see her prove it on the track. I'm guessing she won't. One thing is for certain, I'm not watching it.

-Kevin

FCYTravis
06-11-05, 07:11 PM
the all time lap leader, Michael Andretti, had never won the race.
And never will.

There *is* justice in the world.

trish
06-11-05, 07:15 PM
Yes, she does, if she wants to attract long term attention. Golf galleries don't swell to huge proportions for John Daly anymore, but Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus attract huge galleries. I just witnessed that fact for myself last week across the street from my house @ Muirfield. If she doesn't win, the curiosity factor will diminish rapidly. Look @ Sarah as an example...she was still the fan favorite @ Indy in her last two years, but the buzz was gone because she couldn't get it done on the track. I've seen the ladies come and go over the years, and it's the same old story time and again. Let's see her prove it on the track. I'm guessing she won't. One thing is for certain, I'm not watching it.

-Kevin
Was Sarah marketed at the level Danica has been? Was she on magazine covers and such?

Ankf00
06-11-05, 07:25 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE HAD TOO MANY CONVERSATIONS TODAY WITH STRANGERS ABOUT DANICA PATRICK!!!!!!!

"are you going over to see that girl?"

"that girl's on 3 place"

"that girl's really good, you should go see her"

"so what do you know about this girl, I hear she's mighty good"

I'M GOING TO LIGHT SOUTH OKLAHOMA ON FIRE!!!!!!!!! :flame:

dando
06-11-05, 07:38 PM
Was Sarah marketed at the level Danica has been? Was she on magazine covers and such?
No. She wouldn't fit on the cover. :gomer:

The only reason Danicle is being hyped to this level is that she has SEX appeal. Sex sells. To her credit, she also handles herself well in front of the media, and she has achieved more than any other lady in THAT ONE RACE. Again, I'm betting against her, and that's prmarily based on her track record. I've met her and I was impressed...until she raced that is.

-Kevin

dando
06-11-05, 08:47 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE HAD TOO MANY CONVERSATIONS TODAY WITH STRANGERS ABOUT DANICA PATRICK!!!!!!!

"are you going over to see that girl?"

"that girl's on 3 place"

"that girl's really good, you should go see her"

"so what do you know about this girl, I hear she's mighty good"

I'M GOING TO LIGHT SOUTH OKLAHOMA ON FIRE!!!!!!!!! :flame:
BTW, I prefer to call it Fortucky. :D

-Kevin

dando
06-11-05, 11:31 PM
Oh, and another thing that chaps me is that The Danicle gets a ton of press for achieving nothing of real significance, yet true female greatness like Annika Sorenstam gets little in the way of front page news.

-Kevin

fourrunner
06-12-05, 01:07 AM
Within two years she will be on some reality show, living in a house with one of the Brady Bunch, Tammy Fay Baker, Vanilla Ice, and French Kissing Beetlejuice ;)

EVL29
06-12-05, 01:41 AM
A poster, obviously a Nascar fan said "but look how many laps she led at Indy!!"

Which says a Hell of lot more about Indy than it does about Danica. :gomer: