PDA

View Full Version : Weldon Tells NASCAR to "WATCH OUT...".

racer2c
06-10-05, 11:38 PM
Oh my, Saint Danickle's benevolence has taken a new high.

Saying the Indianapolis 500 television ratings “blew off” the numbers for the Coca-Cola 600, Dan Wheldon sent a playful warning to NASCAR after IRL practice Friday at Texas Motor Speedway:

Watch out, boys.

“I don’t know many people who come to one of our races and don’t come to more,” Wheldon said. “If I was the NASCAR people, I’d be getting scared. There’s a series out there that might be set to take away some of their fans. So watch out, boys."

Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/17481/)

FCYTravis
06-11-05, 12:01 AM
I'm sure Bill France is quaking in his money pit.

Ziggy
06-11-05, 01:02 AM
Yep, hundreds of fans know that Danica won the 500.

The only thing winning the 497.5 did for Sporty Spice was allow him to "buy more shoes", that and maybe a Tenderloin Club Card at the Flag Room

nice pie in the face at the Victory Banquet as well, Is there any level Hondretti's jacktards wont stoop to in order to be viewed as "hip and with it?"

Wonder how Parnelli would have reacted if Len Sutton tried to put a pie in his face? I hope Kanose, Dashly and Hernia show up at his parents funeral, another great "pie in the face" oppertunity

what a bunch of wankers

Ankf00
06-11-05, 01:03 AM
:rofl:

RacinM3
06-11-05, 01:31 AM
Hey, that's cool....maybe the Frances will actually fear the IRL and help prop up Champ Car! :laugh: :rolleyes:

greenie
06-11-05, 02:37 AM
"So watch out, boys."

That's a threat that I'm afraid he'd carry out. If it's not too late already.

And a backhanded mouth-swipe isn't going to fool anyone.

Lizzerd
06-11-05, 03:32 AM
FTG: "Hey, Danica, I mean, Dan. Uhhh... I mean mister, uh, is it mister? Uhh... I don't know, never mind. You won the race, right? Here, I had this pair of high heel shoes and this lingerie ready for the winners purse until Danica got passed by Danica, uhh... wait. You're Dan, right? I don't know... Anyway, you can have this stuff if you say something to the press that makes me look like a uhh... I don't know... a god, okay?

WHELDON: Wow! Great, Tony! What should I say? This is great! Thanks! It will look super with my black fishnet stockings!

EDwardo
06-11-05, 03:35 AM
I think the guy that writes the jokes for IRL drivers is brilliant. He was a bit off though with the "so watch out, boys" quip though. Unless of course the double meaning was intentional.

DaveL
06-11-05, 10:13 AM
The Danicle Racing League is almost entirely dependent on NASCAR. If France felt the DRL was getting too big for its britches it would simply pull the plug and the DRL would have nowhere to race.

Hey Danny Boy, watch out.

Methanolandbrats
06-11-05, 10:26 AM
http://www.paradise.gen.nz/~sloth/030927/030927y1.jpg

dando
06-11-05, 10:45 AM
:laugh: :shakehead :gomer:

Wow. Gomerism Amplified. What a ****ing wanker.

-Kevin

Paintergeek
06-11-05, 11:46 AM
WTF is that?