PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wheldon as a launch point...

pchall
06-09-05, 02:05 PM
... for political commentary.

Peter Bronson, an editorial writer for the Cincinnati Enquirer, actually used Wheldon's anonimity after winning Indy as the lead in for a piece on local and state political and social issues.

Quick, who is Dan Wheldon?
Hint: He could have been on Wheaties boxes, but wound up on milk cartons because he had the rotten luck to win the Indy 500 the year an attractive young woman finished fourth.
Politically correct answer: Dan Wheldon is not a story.

:rofl:

See the rest at enquirer.com (beware: it is not worth the clicks unless you vote in Ohio).

KLang
06-09-05, 02:24 PM
Check out the front page at http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/.

All Danica, all the time. :rofl:

I do feel sorry for Wheldon.

lone_groover
06-09-05, 02:49 PM
Yeah yeah....but who's got the nicer hair, prettier nails and better shoes? Huh?

:gomer:

racer2c
06-09-05, 03:05 PM
Wait a second...I'm almost positive Dan Weldon did not win the Indy 500. :confused:

Sean O'Gorman
06-09-05, 03:12 PM
Check out the front page at http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/.

All Danica, all the time. :rofl:

I do feel sorry for Wheldon.

Sorry, I'm still too busy laughing at the thought of a "Sam Hornish Celebrity Bowling Tournament" :laugh:

Spicoli
06-09-05, 04:35 PM
Danicle does Dallas.

She sure has no prollem whoring herself out. :rolleyes:

FailureByDesign
06-09-05, 04:45 PM
Does Danicle always look like something pissed in her cornflakes?(Ref,the Picture on TMS site where she looks angry)

IlliniRacer
06-09-05, 04:56 PM
... for political commentary.

Peter Bronson, an editorial writer for the Cincinnati Enquirer, actually used Wheldon's anonimity after winning Indy as the lead in for a piece on local and state political and social issues.

Quick, who is Dan Wheldon?
Hint: He could have been on Wheaties boxes, but wound up on milk cartons because he had the rotten luck to win the Indy 500 the year an attractive young woman finished fourth.
Politically correct answer: Dan Wheldon is not a story.

:confused: I thought Dan Wheldon WAS an attractive young female :confused: