View Full Version : A reality show built around Paul Tracy

cameraman
06-09-05, 12:33 PM
This is a unique idea...

on WGN in the fall.

WGN revs up reality 'Race'
Superstation gets real with racer Tracy

By JOHN DEMPSEY

NEW YORK -- The WGN Superstation is going for speed, greenlighting its second original series, "Race Car Driver," a weekly reality half-hour that will go behind the scenes with star driver Paul Tracy. Show is WGN's second commissioned original following the previously announced "Ultimate Arena Paintball," another reality half-hour. Both kick off in the fall.

WGN general manager Bill Shaw said he's nurturing a strategy that will add exclusive firstrun shows to the superstation's usual mix of theatrical movies, sports and off-network series such as "Moesha," "Becker""Becker" and two that premiere in September: "Sex and the City""Sex And The City" and "24."

"Driver" follows Tracy as he and the Forsythe championship-racing team travel the circuit of the Champ Car World Series of Racing in locales including Las Vegas, Montreal, Mexico City and parts of Korea and Australia.

WGN reaches more than 66 million U.S. households.

The AMS Production Group produces "Driver." Executive producers are David Willox and Jay Gillian.

Methanolandbrats
06-09-05, 12:37 PM
Should keep the editors busy...........Typical dialogue "#### that ###hole", "what the #### are they doing", "bull####", etc.....

KLang
06-09-05, 12:45 PM
This may be the first reality show I've ever watched. :gomer:

Never know, might get a few more eyeballs watching the races. :thumbup:

theunions
06-09-05, 12:53 PM
I'd rather watch "Race Car Driver" than "I Wanna Date a Race Car Driver" (which went as far as placing print ads in Entertainment Weekly). :gomer:

jonovision_man
06-09-05, 02:11 PM
Never know, might get a few more eyeballs watching the races. :thumbup:

It'll probably get higher ratings. ;)

jono

Wabbit
06-09-05, 02:28 PM
Why not call it Driven? :confused:

SID
06-09-05, 08:13 PM
I just can't wait for the "Stripper cam"! :eek:

(Sorry viv, couldn't resist....)

TravelGal
06-10-05, 09:03 PM
WAAAAAAA. We don't WGN out in the wilds of California. Can some tape it or DVR it or whatever???

I happen to think it's a great idea. Although I don't know if Tracy is the one to pick. (sorry from me too Viv). Looking around though------you've got to admit he's the most colorful. In a certain sort of a way.

Dr. Corkski
06-10-05, 09:16 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if an attention deprived poster ends up weaseling his way onto PT's show as a guest and ends up taking over and the show ends up being about his phone conversations with Kevin Kalkhoven. :gomer:

Fitti Fan
06-11-05, 12:51 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if an attention deprived poster ends up weaseling his way onto PT's show as a guest and ends up taking over and the show ends up being about his phone conversations with Kevin Kalkhoven. :gomer:

Hmmmm,,,,,,

chop456
06-11-05, 01:22 AM

:laugh:

greenie
06-11-05, 02:32 AM
Zing! :thumbup:

,,,,journalist,,,,, :gomer:

How embarassing is that?

Maybe my first post here. Good to see ya, TravelGal. ;)

Ziggy
06-11-05, 09:15 AM
:rofl:

Foxman
06-11-05, 04:09 PM
Somewhere, someone is trying to figure out how to make it all about,,,,,him.

Racing Truth
06-11-05, 04:55 PM

Brilliant. :laugh: :laugh:

FCYTravis
06-11-05, 05:05 PM
:laugh: :rofl:

nissan gtp
06-11-05, 06:52 PM

:thumbup:,,, :rofl:

greenie
06-11-05, 06:57 PM
Don't wake him up. He might ruin this forum ,,,,,too,,,,,,

Sean O'Gorman
06-11-05, 11:50 PM
Can't ruin what you've already been banned from...

Oh wait, he is a "Guest". :laugh:

TorontoWorker
07-21-05, 08:53 PM
Can't ruin what you've already been banned from...

Oh wait, he is a "Guest". :laugh:

Ok, call me stupid, but who are we talking about?

cart7
07-21-05, 09:20 PM
Ok, call me stupid, but who are we talking about?

Why the most famous CCWS fan there ever was and loyal servant of PT's mom of course,,,,,,,,,,, :D

theunions
07-21-05, 09:51 PM
Somewhere, someone is trying to figure out how to make it all about,,,,,him.

And his "impressionistic models?"

Jervis Tetch 1
07-21-05, 10:50 PM
:laugh: