PDA

View Full Version : Good News for LB Fans

Mike Lawler
06-08-05, 07:11 PM
In what was from the outset considered a mere formality, the Long Beach City Council has ratified the purchase of the Grand Prix Association of Long Beach by Aquarium Asset Management LLC, a company set up by Champ Car co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven

Aquarium’s takeover of the GPALB, previously owned by Dover Downs Entertainment, was Champ Car’s way to effectively ensure that its marquee event would not fall into the hands of its Indy Racing League rivals. The purchase was approved 9-0 at the Council.

“The Champ Car World Series could not be happier about today’s positive vote from the Long Beach City Council, which clears the way for us to continue one of the finest motorsports events anywhere in the United States,” stated Champ Car president Dick Eidswick. “We have never wavered in our commitment to the city of Long Beach and the Champ Car fans in Southern California and today’s vote will help Champ Car usher in a new era in the history of the Grand Prix of Long Beach.

“We have all seen what having a world-class racing event of the caliber of the Grand Prix of Long Beach can mean for a city, and we will do everything possible to continue the pattern of growth that the race has brought to the people of Long Beach.”

Don Quixote
06-08-05, 07:19 PM
do you know when the vote took place? 9-0 surprises me, in that I thought there were 2 naysayers.

RichK
06-08-05, 07:21 PM
in that I thought there were 2 naysayers.

Tony stopped the checks.