PDA

View Full Version : Just STOP, please stop!

Racing Truth
06-08-05, 12:11 PM
Anybody notice the slew of crappy (even crappier than normal) reality shows the geniuses at the networks are throwing at us?

Dancing with the Stars (WTH are these people again? :saywhat: )
Average Joe: The Joes Strike Back :shakehead
Fire Me (or something like that)
The Cut
Etc.

Taking TV wankerdom to a new low.

TKGAngel
06-08-05, 12:19 PM
Networks (with the exception of FX) wont put out new shows in the summer when the TV audience drops. So they put in stupid reality shows as filler.

Personally, I like Bravo's reality shows Blow Out (main guy makes Tony George look humble and deep) and Sportskids Moms & Dads (like a trainwreck in that its horrifying what parents will put their kids through for athletic glory). Project Runway was also pretty good when it was on.

But Dancing with the Stars was just as painful as Hit Me Baby 1 More Time. Found myself asking "why god, why?"

Michaelhatesfans
06-08-05, 12:59 PM
Kill your television.

Rob
06-08-05, 01:23 PM
Anybody notice the slew of crappy (even crappier than normal) reality shows the geniuses at the networks are throwing at us?

Dancing with the Stars (WTH are these people again? :saywhat: )
Average Joe: The Joes Strike Back :shakehead
Fire Me (or something like that)
The Cut
Etc.

Taking TV wankerdom to a new low.
Don't forget about the four-hour "Danica Patrick Show" ABC broadcast a couple weekends back.

Steve99
06-08-05, 02:20 PM
But Dancing with the Stars was just as painful as Hit Me Baby 1 More Time. Found myself asking "why god, why?"
Um, that's the "International Sensation: Dancing with the Stars". Get it right next time. :)

<goes to check out Joe's Strike Back.>

Methanolandbrats
06-08-05, 02:22 PM
Mikey Waltrip playing poker is a great show :D

KLang
06-08-05, 02:26 PM
Easy solution. I refuse to watch any of it.

SCI Fi's Friday lineup starts it's new season in July. :cool:

Spicoli
06-08-05, 02:39 PM
I never watched a reality showq before, but last night i watched that "Fire Me" show, and it was hilarious. That asian dood in the coffe shop had me rolling on the floor. He was funny as hell.

I would be really good at that show.

Kiwifan
06-08-05, 02:39 PM
My wife likes the NZ version of Dancing with the Stars. :o The strange thing is we have a retired All Black hooker leading the show and an aging hippy/now mayor with a smile as wide as all New Zealand coming second. (he can't dance but the fans must be voting for him as the judges are killing him week in week out. :) )

Personally when any of these reality shows are on I put on the headphones, net radio and check out what you lot have been up to. Thanks! :thumbup:

I guess if it wasn't for Sport and the Discovery/History Channels I'd just about give the TV up and go Outdoors. ;)

Take care, Rusty.

dando
06-08-05, 04:59 PM
I'd just about give the TV up and go Outdoors. ;)

Now that's a novel idea... :thumbup: :cool:

-Kevin

JohnHKart
06-08-05, 05:47 PM
I don't watch any of the network reality shows....But I am enjoying AndE's Airline occasionally and I've watched and enjoyed every one of the Robby Kneivel shows. There's a new miniseries on TLC on a cruiseship in drydock, (two of these are on tonight) I'm watching that because I was on ships for 8 years, and just wanted to see what goes on during drydock since I made sure I split during them.

John

Sean O'Gorman
06-08-05, 06:15 PM
I haven't noticed, when I'm not watching racing, about the only other channel my TV goes to is Comedy Central, with the occasional switch to FX for King of the Hill, or to Cartoon Network for Futurama.

And not all reality shows are bad. I still miss "I'm With Busey" and Insomniac.

http://www.metronews.ca/uploadedImages/Gary-Busey_article.jpg

Robstar
06-08-05, 07:37 PM
Think of your downunder mates (Rusty included :) )...
We have a thousand of our own reality shows plus we get all yours too :laugh:

dando
06-08-05, 07:42 PM
Think of your downunder mates (Rusty included :) )...
We have a thousand of our own reality shows plus we get all yours too :laugh:
No worries, we do...we blame you for Survivor, in fact. :p

-Kevin

Paintergeek
06-08-05, 10:26 PM
I agree...simple solutiom...turn off the TV. I despiose reality TV. I watch none of it. I just dont care about what a bunch of 22 year olds are saying about eachother. I dont undserstand the draw of any of it. Never have. Im 30, this is supposed to be in my demographic, But MAN I dont care. Just the previews make me sick.

I dont consider Insomniac a Reality show, more of a 'bar hopping live' show. Its comedy. You dont see crying and backstabbing for money on there, just drinkin and telling jokes.

Ankf00
06-08-05, 10:27 PM
Throw away your television
Time to make this clean decision
Master waits for it’s collision now
It’s a repeat of a story told
It’s a repeat and it’s getting old

Make a break big intermission
Recreate your super vision now

[chorus:]
Renegades with fancy gauges
Slay the plague for it’s contagious
Pull the plug and take the stages
Throw away your television now

Take the noose off your ambition
Reinvent your intuition now

[chorus]

Salivate to repetition
Levitate this ill condition now
It’s a repeat

By The Way is such a kick ass record.

Jervis Tetch 1
06-09-05, 01:02 AM
Kill your television.Elvis had the right idea.

theunions
06-09-05, 06:11 AM
Elvis had the right idea.

And now he's dead. :D