PDA

View Full Version : PT to Co-Host WindTunnel this Sunday

fourrunner
06-07-05, 09:48 PM
Should be interesting & a lot of fun! :thumbup:

I'm figuring PT will speak his mind as always ... to Despain's discomfort ? ..... I hope !

ChampCar#3
06-07-05, 10:29 PM
I think it will be one of the best shows, I think Dispain and PT will put on a good show!

racer2c
06-08-05, 12:11 AM
Very cool! that is must see TV!! :thumbup:

cart7
06-08-05, 07:37 AM
This should be good.

mueber
06-08-05, 06:30 PM
I think PT is one of the best interviews in auto racing. I think this will be fun.

dando
06-11-05, 10:13 PM
Bruno will also be on Windbag on Sun:

http://speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/17474/

-Kevin

Jervis Tetch 1
06-12-05, 01:52 AM
I'll be watching.

trish
06-12-05, 09:59 PM
Bruno looks great and seems to be in good spirits. He said many drivers visited him or called, except for Foyt who sent him some flowers.

DaveL
06-12-05, 10:03 PM
Bruno looks great and seems to be in good spirits. He said many drivers visited him or called, except for Foyt who sent him some flowers.

Bruno also said that Quattro has no business in a racing car. So in other words, Bruno didn't say anything we didn't already know.

trish
06-12-05, 10:05 PM
Bruno also said that Quattro has no business in a racing car. So in other words, Bruno didn't say anything we didn't already know.
I missed that part. Guess I'd better put a tape in for the re-air.

fourrunner
06-12-05, 10:15 PM
Despain asked if IV should have been Black Flagged considering he was 5 laps down

Bruno said he shouldn't be in a Race Car at all , especially at a place like Indy where he was 10 mph off the pace, and he has caused many accidents in the past two years (paraphrased)

I think it was cheesy that he didn't at least visit Bruno ... especially since many of the other drivers did!

Liked how Bruno made a point of standing up at the end of the interview, to show he was on his way back !

RusH
06-12-05, 10:17 PM
.....and he thought IV should be in the stands or watching the race on TV. :rofl:

dando
06-12-05, 10:24 PM
.....and he thought IV should be in the stands or watching the race on TV. :rofl:
I just caught up to that part. Priceless!!! :rofl: :thumbup:

-Kevin

fourrunner
06-12-05, 10:31 PM
I have a renewed respect for Bruno ... He's outspoken, and a hard worker ... Certainly not a slacker ... especially in his recovery ethic! :thumbup:

DaveL
06-12-05, 10:33 PM
.....and he thought IV should be in the stands or watching the race on TV.

If Quattro was in the stands he'd hold everyone up by walking up the aisle too slow and then knock the nachos out of the hands of the person behind him.

trish
06-12-05, 10:33 PM
Paul said leaving Laguna for San Jose is not a good thing, in his opinion.

fourrunner
06-12-05, 10:41 PM
I'm sure he hates losing a Road Race ... but he has been pragmatic all night about the Business decisions that have to be made !!

dando
06-12-05, 10:54 PM
I have a renewed respect for Bruno ... He's outspoken, and a hard worker ... Certainly not a slacker ... especially in his recovery ethic! :thumbup:
Agreed. Junky has been pegged as a whiner by many around here. His comments on IV were outstanding! :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ziggy
06-12-05, 11:14 PM
Bruno tends to whine, like EVERYBODY (this message board included)

I have always liked him, as he is one hell of a racecar driver

I dont buy tickets to see who he's banging, who his sister is banging, who on other teams are fueding with him, I dont give a crap.

he's a talented driver who's biggest fault is not being aggressive at the start of a race.

racer2c
06-12-05, 11:26 PM
Bruno tends to whine, like EVERYBODY (this message board included)

I have always liked him, as he is one hell of a racecar driver

I dont buy tickets to see who he's banging, who his sister is banging, who on other teams are fueding with him, I dont give a crap.

he's a talented driver who's biggest fault is not being aggressive at the start of a race.

Um, I'd probably buy a ticket to his sisters' gig. But that's just me. :)

Jervis Tetch 1
06-12-05, 11:44 PM
If Quattro was in the stands he'd hold everyone up by walking up the aisle too slow and then knock the nachos out of the hands of the person behind him.Then let me get some nachos, because I'd love to have a go with that idiot. It would be another Iowa massacre of a Texan.

Racing Truth
06-13-05, 12:08 PM
If Quattro was in the stands he'd hold everyone up by walking up the aisle too slow and then knock the nachos out of the hands of the person behind him.

^^ :rofl: :laugh: :laugh:

ChampCar#3
06-13-05, 12:15 PM
Count me in as new member of the Bruno Fan Club!!!
Bruno was more PT than PT was!

Still waiting to see a reply back from the Foyts!

FanofMario
06-13-05, 01:15 PM
PT was tame the whole show IMO. Bruno was indeed a highlight. And all that **** about Little E---enough already.

Andrew Longman
06-13-05, 03:44 PM
I thought PTs comments about why younger drivers were now succeeding in NASCAR were interesting.

Basically he said that because the Cup cars get so little track time at the track, it is less about driver feedback and more about engineering back at the shop. Roll off with a good car or you will not compete, and so they do generall show up with a good car.

That puts less of a premium in on driver input and experience and hence a more level playing field for new drivers.

I never thought about that.

I don't particularly like the fact that the cars on on track so little, but that's another point and one I only care about for the one Cup race I go to each year, The Glen, and only when I compare it to places like Cleveland which have stuff going on all day-every day for three days.

FRANKY
06-13-05, 04:25 PM
PT was tame the whole show IMO.

Yea, he watches IRL races and is still interested in NASCAR.

Winston Wolfe
06-13-05, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=Andrew Longman]I thought PTs comments about why younger drivers were now succeeding in NASCAR were interesting.

Basically he said that because the Cup cars get so little track time at the track, it is less about driver feedback and more about engineering back at the shop. Roll off with a good car or you will not compete, and so they do generall show up with a good car.

That puts less of a premium in on driver input and experience and hence a more level playing field for new drivers.
QUOTE]

The new NASCAR madated "Gear" rule is ludicrous. Talk about "homogenized" racing for the masses and "equal" competition to "level the playing field" SHEESH. What a show !

Andrew Longman
06-13-05, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=Andrew Longman]I thought PTs comments about why younger drivers were now succeeding in NASCAR were interesting.

QUOTE]

The new NASCAR madated "Gear" rule is ludicrous. Talk about "homogenized" racing for the masses and "equal" competition to "level the playing field" SHEESH. What a show !

Back up. I hope I didn't communicate that I thought this was a good thing. New faces are OK, but not by these means. The rule makers have made cup racing unwatchable on all but a very few tracks.

Anteater
06-13-05, 09:12 PM
I haven't watched the entire show yet, but I enjoyed the Bruno segment. He even got in a little dig at PT ("Is this your last marriage?"). :D It was fun hearing Darrell Waltrip rib PT about being too old for NASCAR, too.

FanofMario
06-14-05, 02:02 PM
Yea, he watches IRL races and is still interested in NASCAR. :saywhat:

By tame I meant he really didn't go out on a limb for Champcar or bash anybody. He was pretty reserved the whole show.

Winston Wolfe
06-14-05, 02:08 PM
That is the most "PC" I have seen PT in quite some time....

He knows the CCWS gig aint gonna last forever, and if he wants to continue driving in the future, in either NAPCAB, or Grand-Sham, then he had better "keep his options open" and not trash too many other series, or their owners or the guys who drive in them....

Not the PT I wanted to see, but I get his position.... :thumbup:

trish
06-14-05, 02:16 PM
I don't think PT was sugarcoating anything. He said what he meant and meant what he said.

formulaben
06-14-05, 03:17 PM

Ditto. I guess in the pastI've been turned off by him due to his whining during the post-race interviews when he finishes 2nd, or whatever...but he was great in the interview (kept the blinking to a minimum, too! ;) ) and the ending was great. It was nice to finally see a sense of humor out of him, and standing up was a great way to show he's coming back.