PDA

View Full Version : Go Bucks!

Napoleon
01-03-03, 07:37 AM
Got my red and gray sweatshirt ready (OK its a YSU and not an OSU shirt), have BW3 in the flats (the place I have meet Bird, nrc and others at in the past) promising me they have a table set aside, and I have my lighter and can of gasoline ready, in case OSU wins.

Go Bucks!!!!!!

Warlock!
01-03-03, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Napoleon
...in case OSU wins.
IN CASE?!?!

Lemme fix that for ya Nappy...

"... when OSU wins!"

There. Much better.

Winter Warlock!

Napoleon
01-03-03, 09:19 AM
sorry Warlock. I don't know what I was thinking. In fact I am going to go out and torch a few cars before breakfast in anticipation of the win.

Hardpoint
01-03-03, 10:45 AM
The only torching I'll be doing today is to my liver. Hopefully Clarett will be doing some torching of his own tonight. Go Bucks, Kick those candy canes!!!

chop456
01-03-03, 11:08 AM
So 'Lock!. Ya' think Foxy is biding his time, waiting for a possible Canes win until he opens his yap? :D

damiandoan
01-03-03, 11:16 AM
My Buckeye flag was hoisted up at 0800 sharp with a beautiful rendition of the Buckeye Battle Cry blaring in the background.

The neighbors love me. ;) :D

DD

JoeBob
01-03-03, 11:59 AM
I suppose I shouldn't put my usual "GO BLUE" image in this thread. It'll be nice to see a Big Ten team win the national championship, if they can pull it off. Although, given the choice, I'd rather see a real Rose Bowl than this BCS crapola.

Don Quixote
01-03-03, 12:16 PM
Here in Denver an OSU flag is a rare sight indeed. My wife bought one before the season started and just in case you are superstitious, it is undefeated so far. Go Bucks!

mello
01-03-03, 06:46 PM
Just get it over with so I can get back to some normal TV! :p

Joe in LA
01-03-03, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
I suppose I shouldn't put my usual "GO BLUE" image in this thread. It'll be nice to see a Big Ten team win the national championship, if they can pull it off. Although, given the choice, I'd rather see a real Rose Bowl than this BCS crapola.

This is one Penn State alum who will be joining you in hoping OSU upholds Big Ten honor--God knows Penn State didn't the other night. :(

Classic Apex
01-03-03, 08:48 PM
Almost game time.

GO BUCKS !!!

Warlock!
01-03-03, 10:34 PM
Finally!

7-7

Why is Tressel relying on the QB draw so much???

Winter Warlock!

mnkywrch
01-03-03, 10:40 PM
14-7 Ohio State!

If only it was the end of the second half...

RaceGrrl
01-04-03, 01:22 AM
National Champs! Now that's what I'm TALKIN about! :D :D :D

DaveL
01-04-03, 01:34 AM
That hit on McGahee's knee looked wicked bad. When I saw the replay I thought, "that's a career ender".

mnkywrch
01-04-03, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
That hit on McGahee's knee looked wicked bad. When I saw the replay I thought, "that's a career ender".

Worst thing since that Bengal lineman broke his leg in the Super Bowl.

(For the kids: Yes, such a thing really happened - the Bengals played in the Super Bowl.)

Tim Krumrie, I think...

JoeBob
01-04-03, 01:41 AM

I saw what it was doing in the trainers hands when they got to him, and and just turned my head for the replays. No need to see that sort of thing.

RaceGrrl
01-04-03, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Worst thing since that Bengals in the Super Bowl.

(For the kids: Yes, such a thing really happened.)

Tim Krumrie, I think...

It was Krumrie, in the 1989 SuperBowl. It was the ugliest break I can ever remember seeing. And I saw it only once- when it happened and I couldn't bear to watch the replays. :eek: :(

DaveL
01-04-03, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Worst thing since that Bengal lineman broke his leg in the Super Bowl.

Tim Krumrie, I think...

Thanks for reminding me of that one. If memory serves, they showed the replay on the stadium big screen and crowd groaned in unison. The replay was not shown again.

I saw McGahee's thigh go one way and the leg go the other with the knee in the middle.

Not good.

DaveL
01-04-03, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
It was Krumrie, in the 1989 SuperBowl. It was the ugliest break I can ever remember seeing.

Consider yourself lucky you didn't see Joe Theisman's broken leg.

mnkywrch
01-04-03, 01:48 AM
Consider yourself lucky you didn't see Joe Theisman's broken leg.

Even the nutcase that was Lawrence Taylor was trying to get trainers ASAP on that one.

RaceGrrl
01-04-03, 01:52 AM
I've seen video of Theisman's break, but I wasn't paying that much attention to football then. Besides, the Bengals are (were?) my team, so Krumries' injury hit closer to home. When we bought our Bengals jerseys, they were #69. He was a fighter.

Lizzerd
01-04-03, 02:06 AM
Big congrats to the Bucks and their fans. I was pulling for them big time since I'm from Big Ten country too, you know. Go Hoosiers! (Football? We don't care about no stinkin' football...)

It will be interesting to talk to my dad tomorrow. He's a die hard U of M Maize and Blue guy. I'd wager he was pulling for the Big Ten too, though.

Regarding broken/trashed knees... The worst one I ever saw was one that most people probably didn't see. (If you get queasy about this kind of stuff, stop reading now). About 6 - 8 years ago, the Colts had a DB named Johnny Robinson. His career ended when he was pushed back in a pile. He was in the back of the pile and got knocked backwards, but his left foot had stuck in the ground. As he landed on his back, his left heel was next to his left ear with his toes pointing away from his head. Not pretty.

Warlock!
01-04-03, 10:27 AM
Ouch. Head hurts.

Nice goin' Bucks... Huge defensive display, and a helluva game by the 'Canes. I was on a pee-break when they showed the "controversial" interference call, so I never saw the replay. Was it not interference???

Either way, Congrats to OSU for bringing back the title, and let's hope for a speedy recovery for McGahee.

Winter Warlock!

Napoleon
01-04-03, 10:29 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My wife got a little upset when I burned her car though.

Joe Theisman (sp?) was the worse break I remember seeing

Cam
01-04-03, 10:34 AM

You Ohioans continue to baffle me! ;)

But then again what doesn't! :p

chop456
01-04-03, 10:37 AM
Great game. chop456 Sr. will be pleased. He used to go to games in Columbus when they still used a rock for a ball. :D

McGeehee. What can you say? Wasn't he planning on coming out this year? This is worse than Kijana Carter.

Does anyone remember the Joe Theisman pencil sharpener Letterman made? The sharpener was his body and the crank was his leg. His didn't bother me as much because I think he's a schmuck.

IMO, Napoleon McCallum's knee injury on MNF was the worst I've ever seen. Ick.

Anyway, congratulations to the Buckeyes.

SteveH
01-04-03, 12:52 PM

HA ha ha LOL

Hardpoint
01-04-03, 01:09 PM
This is the best hangover of my life. Go Bucks!

DjDrOmusic
01-04-03, 08:14 PM
I did the Pre and Post Game party at Woo Doggies last night, the place was packed!! I played the Buckeye Battle Cry during the commercials as well as Hang on Sloopy and kept the crowd going with cheers during the game. The highlight though was getting the Buckeye fans to Boo at the IRL commercial!!(you just don't know what Woo Doggies means!);) :D

It was loud, almost as loud as the get together for the Mexico City Race!! Oh well the Party continues tonight in West Jefferson, the equipment is set up the beer is chilling and everyone is ready to celebrate all over again.

GO BUCKS-National Champions

Foxman
01-05-03, 01:03 PM
No it was not interference Warlock - our DB definitely didn't mug the receiver. They interviewed the ref and he said he took 5 seconds to throw the flag because he had to "replay it in his mind to be sure".. Pretty sad when an official decides the outcome like that, but we never should have let ourselves get into that position. Our offense played like utter CRAP, our defense pretty much owned you guys, Clarett was under 50 yards on the day, but it's hard to turn it over 5 times and win. Like i told people before the game, if the Miami that beat Florida and Tennesee showed up, OSU was toast, if the team that played FSU showed up, it was going to be a ballgame. McGahee's career is probably over, he tore all 3 ligaments in his knee. It's almost a relief that the streak is over though, it gets to be too much, the team has a big target on it's back and it gets bigger with every game that they win. I would rather have no controversy in the loss, I knew we were done when the bench cleared and they made them go back, we shot our wad at that point and you could tell by the teams play on the field but the bottom line was our team got arrogant and lazy and they paid the ultimate price - something that almost happened several times throughout the season - this team did not have the killer instinct of last years team. Enjoy the championship, and congrats. We'll be back in the title game in a year or 2.

rabbit
01-06-03, 12:33 AM
Miami did not lose the game because of a pass-interference call.

Miami lost the game....
Because Ohio State's defensive speed shut down McGahee, frustrated Dorsey, and forced several turnovers.
Because Craig Krenzel is just about the toughest sumb!tch this side of Brett Favre.
Because Ohio State made plays when it had to make plays.

Officials do not decide games.

Napoleon
01-06-03, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Foxman
No it was not interference Warlock - our DB definitely didn't mug the receiver.

If you read the explaination of how the rule was violated and compare it to the network feed it is not possible to determine if the rule was violated in the way the ref said it was violated. So its not possible for anyone who watched it on TV to offer an opinion on whether he was in fact right or wrong.

Don Quixote
01-06-03, 10:49 AM

My kids and I turned over a few cars here in Denver, but it was tough rioting with only 5 people.

Foxman
01-06-03, 03:14 PM
If you read the explaination of how the rule was violated and compare it to the network feed it is not possible to determine if the rule was violated in the way the ref said it was violated. So its not possible for anyone who watched it on TV to offer an opinion on whether he was in fact right or wrong.

I was at the game, on the opposite corner of the stadium with big honkin' binocs, it was one bad call in a game of many (going both ways).